Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Having taken everything in from today's forum wars, I do not think this game is ready yet.

Just way too many questions not answered. Too many important questions. I am not getting a good sense of direction on how to play atm.

I guess we will all just have to leave it at that and hope for the best. We paid for 2 months. That's all we can do I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Having taken everything in from today's forum wars, I do not think this game is ready yet.

Just way too many questions not answered. Too many important questions. I am not getting a good sense of direction on how to play atm.

I guess we will all just have to leave it at that and hope for the best. We paid for 2 months. That's all we can do I guess.
    Questions are answered. There is a vision for the game - one of fairness to the player base. anti griefing and compromise as i said in another thread. It IS possible to please a large % of the player base and i think xsyon will do that well.

Maybe, just maybe, you will be part of the small percentage that doesnt get totally what you want and if you're not willing to compromise then its not the game for you. And i really dont mean that to be offensive, just saying.

There will be many warring and many non warring guilds.

It's unrealistic to think that everywhere is going to be a state of constant war.

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    Questions are answered. There is a vision for the game - one of fairness to the player base. anti griefing and compromise as i said in another thread. It IS possible to please a large % of the player base and i think xsyon will do that well.
    Nothing is answered dude.

What is the objective in playing this game as a group? it HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED. And it keeps freaking chaging like a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

Is it nothing more than the sims online with terraforming? Hell at least the sims has some sort of objective? lol

Is it nothing more than the sims online with terraforming?
    No, it has FFA PVP outside of a small tribal safe zone. Full loot. Tribal warfare and in the future the possibility of fighting over resources when new areas open up. I know thats not confirmed but tbh i dont think many people would object to that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    No, it has FFA PVP outside of a small tribal safe zone. Full loot. Tribal warfare and in the future the possibility of fighting over resources when new areas open up. I know thats not confirmed but tbh i dont think many people would object to that scenario.
    That wouldn't bother me, but with the way it seems. You just upend your totem, move your tribe, then make a new safe zone next to that resource. Or you have your tribe break apart and make "homesteads" around a few resources.

Nothing is answered dude.

What is the objective in playing this game as a group? it HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED. And it keeps freaking chaging like a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

Is it nothing more than the sims online with terraforming? Hell at least the sims has some sort of objective? lol
    If everything goes right we will see this in 6-9 month when they release Tribal Wars

You paid for two months - I assume that means you will spend most of that complaining in the forums. Ask for refund. This game is not like DFO and I doubt it ever will be. In 3 weeks of play you must of realized that this game is about balance between the PVE and crafting crowd and those that enjoy limited style PVP. The ingame guides and the moderators in the forums are enforcing civility. Your idea of the game was wrong. I am sorry for that. I think in the end this game will look more like the highly successful EVE Online not the troubled DFO and MO.

Quote Originally Posted by Toughluck View Post
    You paid for two months - I assume that means you will spend most of that complaining in the forums. Ask for refund. This game is not like DFO and I doubt it ever will be. In 3 weeks of play you must of realized that this game is about balance between the PVE and crafting crowd and those that enjoy limited style PVP. The ingame guides and the moderators in the forums are enforcing civility. Your idea of the game was wrong. I am sorry for that. I think in the end this game will look more like the highly successful EVE Online not the troubled DFO and MO.
    Yeah, it might look like Eve if they developers implement a system so that safe zones can only be placed in certain locations. Otherwise there's nothing stoping people from just placing safe zones over all the resource nodes.

Well, I would hazard a guess that people who are not flagged for pvp will be protected (true) but will not be able to conquer any territories around them either. So in a way, if you are a non-pvp fanatic (like me) you can still enjoy the terraforming/building/crafting aspect of the game and relax with a beer after a hard day at work and teaching my kid his homework. But also be in danger of being beaten and robbed every time I wander off my homestead.

I like this compromise.

Now if later a few players and I band together and decide that we would like, after all, to join the pvp fray because, darn it, we are too bored of building stuff then the option is there for us. I don't see what the problem with this would be.