Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I play this game AS A CASUAL PLAYER because it does have a low population, because it has elements that are PvE soloable, because I don't have to interact with a single player if I don't want to, because I like being self-sufficient etc, etc. I wholeheartedly agree with a nice middle ground where any player can play as they wish and for THEIR OWN reasons. Not for the reasons data supports or you support but for whatever varied reasons they(I) care to play for. And BTW, the majority of MMO players are much more PvE related (data supported) and there are direct correlations to this and a more casual atmosphere IN GENERAL.

You are wrong in saying that I think making things easy means more people will stay, and hard means more leave. No, I'm saying that it is my opinion that if people with play styles/mindsets such as yourself clamor for the removal of deathporting that it would be a mistake to remove it without first addressing why it is used and wanted by a certain number of players, let alone the fact that it has been in the game 4 years without hardly a complaint.

I only give opinions based on my play style and what I like and don't like about any given issue. I don't give opinions based on 'data' or what I think a developer want's to hear or what 'most people' think. Just what I think.

There has not been and will not be a game that people will not eventually get bored with. I have been bored with this game for a year. I take breaks yet I still come back and play because I can do so CASUALLY. Xsyon is it's own game and in my opinion it's best strength is that it is different and should follow it's own course not some other games model. Again economy is the developers concern not mine. I'll give opinions based on my game play and summarily go back to enjoying what I like about the game. I don't play or not play the game because the 'economy' isn't some ideal thing that exist only in my head or some other game.

At the end of the day if it is THE DEVELOPER'S DECISION to remove deathporting it is my opinion that before it is removed ALL these 'few things' you mention and possibly more should be opened to feedback and then brought into game BEFORE deathporting is removed to adequately compensate for the loss of it.

I never played UO and I have no plans to ever play EVE. They are not games that hold any interest whatever for me because they are PvP-centric, not just in that they have PvP but also in that their whole philosophy is based in that mindset/play style. And, that is exactly my point.

Try this since you want to advocate for what the 'data' supports (based on your own opinion). Go back through all the repeated post you have made hammering everyone multiple times in the same thread with how you think the game should be developed and correlate the times where the developer has took your arguably 'superior' opinion and implemented it outright. That data collection might help you to understand that while you have an opinion equal to anyone else here it most certainly counts not a jot more --therefore a reasonable person might conclude that one or two posts per thread would suffice to express ones opinion. (this makes 3 for me, I'm out)

While I also hope this helps, I'm resigned to believing that it will not.
    Last edited by wastelandstoic; 07-13-2015 at 05:34 PM.