Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I agree with naughty, PvP is a very important factor of a game and usually is the icing on the cake. Something that keeps players motivated for a long time and also adds a bit of a thrill. It has worked very well in other games and I am certain it will work well for Xsyon.

I can understand the need for safe zones and I believe they are okay as long as there are not too many of them. Having every tribe controlled area in the world being a safe zone for everybody is an example of too many safe zones in my opinion, especially since one can drop a tribe instantly almost anywhere without the need for any resources or skills.

If players of tribe A can be attacked anywhere when tribe B declares war on tribe A, thats okayish for now tho. And removing safe zones after half a year+ will be nice but thats such a long time for a game. I dont see the need for safe zones that long. Imho 2-3 months would suffice.

Looking forward to territorial conflicts and raiding parties. After all, this is society reforming after an apocalypse. Don't expect everybody to hold hands and sing along.

thanks for the link, very interesting

-----not another thread about pvp

Gotta keep it fresh

I'm far from opposed to PvP but I don't want this game to be based completely on PvP. I want some raids and some danger but not at the expense of crafting and the teamwork that goes into surviving in this world.

PVP will be looked into/tweaked after release.

Jooky is currently aware that there is a bug with the damage calculations but currently does not have the time to hunt it down since he is busy with getting quests etc in before release.

He will be looking into a Mount and Blade style combat to see if it would be possible to implement something similar in Xsyon.