Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Macroers

Quote Originally Posted by GuideRaguel View Post
    Greetings Community,

I would like to shed a little light on this current situation for the community members that 'demand' it.

The following is a direct copy from the Notorious Games / Xsyon Terms of Service.

TOS:
    You will not display inappropriate conduct while you have access to the game and its content. Such conduct includes but is not limited to:

Section 5 - Rules of conduct
    Subsection 3

Use of third party software that would give you or anyone else an advantage of any form.

I would also like to quote....

Failure to follow these rules will result in temporary or permanent ban from Xsyon. A ban will result in a Termination of Service as outlined below. enforcement of these rules is at the discretion of Notorious Games and it's representatives.

So to summarise, If you use a 3rd party program to 'Macro' Attended or Unattended it is against our terms of service.

And the punishment for breaking this Terms of Service is outlined as I stated above.

We investigate all Terms of Service Violations and the appropriate action is taken.

I hope this has answered some of your questions.

Thank you.
    See I find this quote funny seeing as how virtus said this

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Obviously it is hard to tell/catch someone macroing but we do have ways.

Attended macroing is allowed since that person is taking the time to stay at the computer and "saving yourself some pain and probably carpal tunnel"

if it appears you were unattended macroing action will be taken against you.

I cannot go into detail about how we check for macroers as people could make a work around for it.
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...eleted../page4

So who are we to believe ? you because you say so?
    But virtus said so? If virtus is in charge of the forums and you of the guides. I would be more likely to believe the guy posting policy on the forums that he's in charge of.
    What we need is confirmation from jordi since the two of them disagree on the matter.

Hello,

The best way to report violations of the Terms of Service is either to Support@notorious-games.com or abuse@notorious-games.com

The best way a player can evidence violations is to Screen Shot and/or capture videos.
    However all reports are investigated and we conduct our own means to determine if a player is violating the Terms of Service.
    The means in which we do this, I can not disclose for obvious reasons.

Thank you.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I will do this.

oneyedwang,
    Dont get upset. Its the way it is man. The rules are rules. Virtus was old news. I would follow the person that posted it for sure. If you look at Virtus its more like he is just talking. This was more of a planned post. Also GuideRaguel is in charge of the people that will be enforcing this rule.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I will do this.

oneyedwang,
    Dont get upset. Its the way it is man. The rules are rules. Virtus was old news. I would follow the person that posted it for sure. If you look at Virtus its more like he is just talking. This was more of a planned post. Also GuideRaguel is in charge of the people that will be enforcing this rule.
    lol 50k key clicks for one skill point with caps going up soon? I wan't confirmation from a higher source for two reasons. First raguel made the post at the request of another guide was getting laughed at in irc on the matter and secondly the two clearly have conflicting opinions on the matter. I have np banning UNattended macro'ers and botters but there is no advantage from this.

Rag is an unpaid child... he has cleaned up the guides to some degree but still makes snaps decisions I'm more inclined to beleive this was a matter that he decided to defend a guide rather than something jordi has signed off on. We'll wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by oneyedwang View Post
    lol 50k key clicks for one skill point with caps going up soon? I wan't confirmation from a higher source for two reasons. First raguel made the post at the request of another guide was getting laughed at in irc on the matter and secondly the two clearly have conflicting opinons on the matter. I have np banning attended macro'ers and botters but there is no advantage from this.

Rag is an unpaid child... he has cleaned up the guides to some degree but still makes snaps decisions I'm more inclined to beleive this was a matter that he decided to defend a guide rather than something jordi has signed off on. We'll wait and see
    Sorry my bad Im a noob. I had no idea about this background.

I guess we will see what we will see.
    I dont macro either way, but I would hate to see people macroing attending, allowed to do it while others think you cant so they dont.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Sorry my bad Im a noob. I had no idea about this background.

I guess we will see what we will see.
    I dont macro either way, but I would hate to see people macroing attending, allowed to do it while others think you cant so they dont.
    I agree with this completely!

there needs to be a concise response from a paid employee not a guide. Guides should enforce policy or pass along complaints to people who can.

Guides are unpaid players acting on behalf of notorious to ease the transition to more in house paid cs gm's. Why they are creating policy or announcing it that contradicts a paid employee of notorious is beyond me.

there needs to be a concise response from a paid employee not a guide. Guides should enforce policy or pass along complaints to people who can.

Guides are unpaid players acting on behalf of notorious to ease the transition to more in house paid cs gm's. Why they are creating policy or announcing it that contradicts a paid employee of notorious is beyond me.
    Im not disagreeing with you, I would like to see what happens from this. Clearly this is a pretty important post on this, Im sure we will be hearing something from others as time goes on.

Greetings,

You would like a response from a paid member of staff?

Well you have one... Although I do have a 'Guide' Title, my job role is the Community Manager for Xsyon and Notorious Games, and for the time being I am also the Head Guide.

The fact remains, that the Quoted Terms Of Service that every single player agreed to on entering the game clearly states that, any use of 3rd party software to give an advantage over other players is in direct violation of the agreed Terms of Service.

As for what you stated here...

Why they are creating policy or announcing it that contradicts a paid employee of notorious is beyond me.
    This is not a random creation, this has been in the Terms of Service since Players were aloud access to the game.

Follow the Terms of Service, and if you do not go against it then you are abiding by the rules, and have nothing to worry about.

For those who do go against the Terms of Service then the consequences have also been stated in the Terms of Service.

Thank you.

Greetings,

Well you have one... Although I do have a 'Guide' Title, my job role is the Community Manager for Xsyon and Notorious Games, and for the time being I am also the Head Guide.

The fact remains, that the Quoted Terms Of Service that every single player agreed to on entering the game clearly states that, any use of 3rd party software to give an advantage over other players is in direct violation of the agreed Terms of Service.

This is not a random creation, this has been in the Terms of Service since Players were aloud access to the game.

Follow the Terms of Service, and if you do not go against it then you are abiding by the rules, and have nothing to worry about.

For those who do go against the Terms of Service then the consequences have also been stated in the Terms of Service.

Thank you.
    Again thank you for the quick replies and keeping this thread open for comments. I think its important for people to understand that this is an issue in game and the rumors have been around (likely due to that post I linked) that macroing attended was ok. Clearly that is not the case anymore.

Im very glad to see staff respond to this, I will be even more happy once I see it starting to take effect in game.

We have asked before what safeguards were in place to prevent this type of 3rd party programs. (I surely hope you dont mean ALL 3rd party programs because, as I said before what about IRC? or voice comms etc)
    I hope there is some type of anti macro detection software in place (which currently I dont think there is), to prevent people from doing this.

Greetings,

Thank you.
    So if you both work for the same company why are we getting two different answers?

Secondly, what exactly is the unfair advantage? By attending a macro I reserve the right to have functioning hands and wrists ten years for now?

Sacrifice your body for the game man!

LOL i don't think a lot of people realize what just 99-100 requires in this game and this policy seems childish and short sighted.

Again due to the discrepancy I would still like confirmation from jordi

I would also like to point out that from what you listed above a voip is against the tos? it certainly gives us an unfair advantage over typers? Are we not allowed to talk over vent or ts?

Our concern from our tribe is that we knew of rule 3 and assumed it was meant for botters,sniffers and hacks. From you interpretation I could be banned for using vent or just having a g15 nvm using it.

So if you both work for the same company why are we getting two different answers?

Secondly, what exactly is the unfair advantage? By attending a macro I reserve the right to have functioning hands and wrists ten years for now?

Sacrifice your body for the game man!

LOL i don't think a lot of people realize what just 99-100 requires in this game and this policy seems childish and short sighted.

Again due to the discrepancy I would still like confirmation from jordi
    That post that Virtus said was months ago. Things have been changed and the game even released since then.
    Even the TOS is new.

I do happen to agree with you that attended macroing should be allowed, you should start a new thread about it. Where you can discuss whether or not it should be. I dont really think this is the best place for it.