View Poll Results: downtime for the server

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • stagarded maintenance times (they change to keep most people happy)

31 34.07%
  • fixed maintenance times (same time ever day)

60 65.93%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Now we can begin discussing exactly how MMO's are and aren't doctor surgeries! Speaking of which, we have doctorates working on the game

Quote Originally Posted by meissner61 View Post
    Now we can begin discussing exactly how MMO's are and aren't doctor surgeries! Speaking of which, we have doctorates working on the game
    buh dum ching.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_rt View Post
    if 2am is the quietest time, then surely 2hours either side of that time is also going to be very quiet? thats how the graph that EVE provided looked to me anyway.

If not then perhaps 1am, 3am, and 5am could be used...

EVE no longer gets my money.

There certianly ARE stores open at 3am...where do you live again????

The poll doesnt speak for much other than the wording of the poll.
    EVE is doing fine without your money, I would guess. I already explained why you shouldn't rotate back to midnight. Don't need to rotate at all. A static 5am would work.

United States 39.30%
    United Kingdom 14.40
    Germany 8.30
    Russia 5.70
    Canada 5.00
    Australia 3.20
    France 2.50
    Netherlands 2.40
    Sweden 2.30
    Denmark 2.30
    Norway 1.40
    China 1.34
    Finland 1.06
    Japan 1.00

Since, you want to use EVE "graphs". :P

God, another winning thread about some self centered bull crap. Add more operating cost by staggering times. Leave it be.

Too bad the doctorates aren't in programming <3

FYI, countless PhD's are earned in relatively worthless 1-year programs. Just saying.

I dunno i hear russian doctorates are even harder to earn than american ones.

2nd dude(phd) on their developer page is working on server and engine programming. And i imagine a game like xsyon where all players go around dicking with the terrain is pretty hard to manage programming wise, so ill give them props. They have a better game then Wurm in my eyes. *Cheers for developers* Now please give us an update about where we are in the game, you've been silent for 5 days.!

I dunno i hear russian doctorates are even harder to earn than american ones.
    Just curious, where did you hear that exactly? Just idle party talk?

Anyway, my point was more along the lines of saying that it mostly depends on what the doctore is in. For example, a phd in mathematics, or even computer science, beats the living crap out of a phd in psychology.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    Just curious, where did you hear that exactly? Just idle party talk?

Anyway, my point was more along the lines of saying that it mostly depends on what the doctore is in. For example, a phd in mathematics, or even computer science, beats the living crap out of a phd in psychology.
    http://www.xsyon.com/developers

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    Since when is an MMO a fucking Doctors surgery? LMAO. It's only the 2 of you arguing for the cause, I wonder if you really give a shit or just argue for the hell of it.

Anyway, I emailed support before I even started taking part in this thread, and their response went missing, but got back one today, here is the direct quote...

I guess that settles it then, the devs seem to understand the argument put forth here, and agree with the most sensible side of this argument. That should wrap up this thread now I would say.
    Yes because we all know that if the devs make a choice that must have been the most sensible one right?

I really hope they are not doing what they say in your post, because its one of the stupidest things I can think of for setting up a downtime. Instead of pissing a few people (yes VERY FEW) you are going to be pissing off everyone. Really smart there.

Dont worry it will change. Just watch the first time downtime rolls into the 8pm PST time frame. These boards will be filled with people saying just how stupid your idea is.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Uhh. since that page says nothing about Russian phds vs American phds, I'm not sure why you posted it.