Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaskas View Post
    I have to agree with both, coca and dxwarlock. I only started playing this weekend, but pvp is idd broken and no real reward for it, whereas crafting has absolutelly no risk tied to it. Recieving some info on whether this will change at all to know if a person wants to spend more time ingame or not is a valid concern.
    I agree that atm, the fact that there are no animals, a lack of trees, and massive lag/delay when switching zones is more of a gamebreaker atm for me. Ive explored around many areas, i started 4 different times in different areas and explored the mountains looking for some secluded area to setup my homestead (thats a LOT of hours exploring) and have yet to see an animal. As for the cointainers being a lag issue... i believe we can all agree that it is definetly not helping the issue.

Its planned to change, but whats planned doesnt always work out. Dont forget Prelude is the time to build up towns. Which is why there is protections, later their will be no protections like this. You will also be able to take tribe lands from people by force.

Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    in true Dubanka fashion, +1 to post count with +0 to thread contribution.
    content is over rated.

you're just envious of the post count.

but for content:
    a bin left astray, should be vulnerable to all kinds of things.
    if it's locked (how do you lock a grass bin?) you should be able to pick it.
    if you cant pick it, you should be able to cut it open, at risk of it's contents being all or partially destroyed.
    if you let it sit, it should decay.

if you want to craft in the peace, quiet, and safety, bring that crap back to you mud hut and have a blast.

but...this conversation is so 2 months ago, and probably a year ago before that as well.

like i said, content is over rated.

Quote Originally Posted by temur View Post
    yeah coca guy, spends more time on forums then he does ingame ...
    saw coca getting mad on local cuz he couldnt kill a guy that was scavenging , instantly called him a 'sploiter' followed up by more drama talk.

Whats your proof that the container thing is a lag issue ???
    Irony.

I'm the one he got mad at and had an argument with, but im completely on the same page with him about this and most other aspects of how the game is and should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    content is over rated.

you're just envious of the post count.
    some small number on a random webpage forum among the millions of them stating how much time I spend prowling them to people I dont know is no major concern of mine

I just like poking fun at you, your of the few that doesnt get that "OMGWTF, you just dishonored me on a site? I take that as a personal and invasive challenge to my very moral fiber, and I shall with teen rage angst defend my online honor!" mentality about it on here.

saw coca getting mad on local cuz he couldnt kill a guy that was scavenging , instantly called him a 'sploiter' followed up by more drama talk.

Really? You seem to ignore MMO 101.) More items in the world = more lag/server stress. Items left outside of a tribe zone should last no more then 24 hours and be completely loot-able. Bins and bags held should not have any permissions on it if the player is killed. Anything otherwise is an exploit, If you can defend this then please do.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    Really? You seem to ignore MMO 101.) More items in the world = more lag/server stress. Items left outside of a tribe zone should last no more then 24 hours and be completely loot-able. Bins and bags held should not have any permissions on it if the player is killed. Anything otherwise is an exploit, If you can defend this then please do.
    That would make more sense. Hopefully item decay will be in before long.
    I was pretty disappointed to find that bags could end up non-lootable when wearing them. I was dueling a guy so I put an item in my pack for him to get if/when he won. Cept he couldn't get it because our basketweaver had forgot to set permissions to something other than private. =\ haha

Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    some small number on a random webpage forum among the millions of them stating how much time I spend prowling them to people I dont know is no major concern of mine

I just like poking fun at you, your of the few that doesnt get that "OMGWTF, you just dishonored me on a site? I take that as a personal and invasive challenge to my very moral fiber, and I shall with teen rage angst defend my online honor!" mentality about it on here.
    Thy choice of words amuses me. 2 years ago I would of had to use a translator to figure out what the hell you just said :P

(and I think everyone likes to make fun of Dubanka :O)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Seems the problem is that stealing is not implemented yet.

This sounds good, I forgot that this is planned.

I don't know if the bag permissions outside of tribe zones is a bug or not, if its intended or not. But to get rid of the bags we need an option to destroy them or a very fast decay (total break in like 1-2 days) outside of tribe zones, stealing from bags won't solve anything lag-wise.
    Jad I think your taking that as him suggesting a "stealing skill." I believe he used that word meaning to pick up off the ground and haul ass type of stealing.....

That guy was actually lagged so bad me or a guide couldn't figure out what was going on as we stood there and watched. later we both faught each other but the lag was so horrid we couldn't hit each other. I didn't raise hell.. I ribbed him a little and after we found it was a lag issue I never mentioned it again.

Oh and I am on the forums becuase the game is kinda dull right now and there wasn't anyone on to kill last night..

okay you got me there was three... *shouts out to Xenogant Versus and that other random scrub-a-dub* Atleast he had armor on and hadn't used a bag bug trick.. I didn't even loot the dude I was so impressed.

It's sad when people run to their safe zone, I stand outside doing the chicken cluck and no one will play with me .. I have to do something ..soooo I log onto the forums and kill punks here. Don't worry I can't loot your pixels here either...

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by kaskas View Post
    I have to agree with both, coca and dxwarlock. I only started playing this weekend, but pvp is idd broken and no real reward for it, whereas crafting has absolutelly no risk tied to it. Recieving some info on whether this will change at all to know if a person wants to spend more time ingame or not is a valid concern.
    I agree that atm, the fact that there are no animals, a lack of trees, and massive lag/delay when switching zones is more of a gamebreaker atm for me. Ive explored around many areas, i started 4 different times in different areas and explored the mountains looking for some secluded area to setup my homestead (thats a LOT of hours exploring) and have yet to see an animal. As for the cointainers being a lag issue... i believe we can all agree that it is definetly not helping the issue.
    KasKas some of us have done the play in the empty world and made due now for months.... those things haven't changed so I am making suggestions on other easier changes to see if they might get some attention.

It really is all about decay and full looting.

When decay is in, even in a tent your bins will decay... just much faster out of protection.

When decay and quility works, its only logical they will do some of the things mentioned here like no permissions on bins in the wilds, totems of players that don't sub disappearing to open land, and who knows... maybe even no private permissions upon death.

It will make the game more fun for some and make most of the crafter only types weep do to making it harder on them or at the very least slowing down their progress.

My suggestion is take part in more aspects of the game and keep busy till those things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    It really is all about decay and full looting.

When decay is in, even in a tent your bins will decay... just much faster out of protection.

When decay and quility works, its only logical they will do some of the things mentioned here like no permissions on bins in the wilds, totems of players that don't sub disappearing to open land, and who knows... maybe even no private permissions upon death.

It will make the game more fun for some and make most of the crafter only types weep do to making it harder on them or at the very least slowing down their progress.

My suggestion is take part in more aspects of the game and keep busy till those things happen.
    Source of the bolded?