Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Lol ok and where is this info coming from ? virtus, Jordi, IRC or what ?
    The forums are dead. General chat is dead. My tribe chat is dead. People everywhere are saying their whole tribe is dead.

You got a better estimate?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    The forums are dead. General chat is dead. My tribe chat is dead. People everywhere are saying their whole tribe is dead.

Forum is not an indicator when the game is live.

The general chat is very alive where I'm settled. Tribes are active as well I see them daily. I'm sure there are people who left but that happens with every single MMO after launch.

He said a number, he made it sound like he got an insider information, so I'd like to know where did it come from. If it was only a guess then its better to say so, otherwise it may mislead people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post

I remember back at the "2nd launch" the 18th of March there was typically 400-500 people browsing the forums, now it's only 150-200. Granted the game was fairly unplayable so more people might have been on the boards than in the game, but as an estimate that would be 60% of people quitting.

"Most users ever online was 699, 02-18-2011 at 03:47 PM."

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    The general chat is very alive where I'm settled. Tribes are active as well I see them daily.
    What zone is that?

No thanks, I don't want to invite bored PKers there.

Xsyon Citizen
    Eh, it's probably a 60 minute hike anyway... don't be such a nervous nellie. Not like you couldn't use the excitement.

I belong to one of the "bigger" nomadic tribes- at launch we looked to have 60-70 people? We have less than a handful logging in now.

Heard DHoV left already

I have logged in twice and based on our forum activity- which was VERY active, this game was THRIVING in Feb was those anxious, ready and waiting through several failed launches.

When I paid and got ready for launch, I did so with information that there would be an update- feature wise from what existed in Jan/Feb- like "20 new species" of animals.

So besides the horrific lag, lack of features, poor mechanics that encourage macroing, horrible PvP and ridiculous, vague one paragraph updates from the dev that you all eat up to keep you going to the next week - can't see where any upside is currently

I would file this game done and over, actually spiraling down the drain currently, the niche has gotten even tinier- down to those who don't care bout playing in a vast empty world.

End of this month will be my litmus test about continuing, good luck all

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    If everyone in your tribe is crafting separately and just grinding their skills, then things will get boring fast.
    Actually we try to mix it, we work together on building our small castle but everybody takes break from time to time to do some crafting, hunting or whatever they wanna do(not many things to pick from).

The key is for the tribe's leadership to motivate their members and give them something to work toward.
    Hmmm... I always thought its a game developers job to keep players interested in game, especially if you paid for the game.
    But ok, lets say its community job to keep each other motivated to keep playing
    How to motivate?

Basically, we come up with large-scale projects that require a lot of man power to do.
    Nice. Unfortunatelly thats the only thing you can do, order to build a Minas Tirith for example
    And that exacly sums up what i said in my original post. Only thing that is actually interesting and works correctly(more or less) in this game is terraforming/building. But how long you can do that?
    Well look at irc, forums or local chat in game. It seems for me that the numbers are dropping really fast, too fast And it has been how long? 3 weeks from release?

Quote Originally Posted by notintime View Post
    Hmmm... I always thought its a game developers job to keep players interested in game, especially if you paid for the game.
    But ok, lets say its community job to keep each other motivated to keep playing
    How to motivate?
    Not in an open-world, sandbox game, at least, it isn't entirely up to game developers. They shouldn't be releasing more quests, raids, dungeons or instanced battlegrounds, for example. Instead, they can help keep us interested by optimizing the game and adding new features for us, but these are just tools for us to further play with. The developers aren't/shouldn't give us a goal or "end game" in a sandbox MMO. And, at the end of the day, the conflict, in-game events, politics, and economies have to be driven by the players.

Xsyon Citizen
    Eh, simply chanting the word "sandbox" like a mantra doesn't excuse bugs, unplayable server conditions, and general lack of anything to do.

The poster didn't ask for an "endgame"... he just asked for something to do, circling back to his question, which you didn't answer: How do you motivate people to play when there's nothing to do?