Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon
    Hello everyone!

This is definitely not an expected reaction! I've been getting requests for a European server all year.

I'd like to clarify this situation.

We are preparing a European server in case we need it. As I see this overall negative reaction, if we don't need the second server it will not be turned on until we physically need it. This is not a matter where we can upgrade the machine or bandwidth, we are already going to have the maximum available to us.

I do plan to run a European download server as soon as possible and a trial server will be a necessity for free trials. I will not allow 'free trials' to create the possibility for players to create free accounts that would affect the live Xsyon world.

There will be a point where the Xsyon world can't accomodate the population, and where the population on one server will be too large to form a tight cohesive community.

The original plan that we will follow is to add new lands that run on separate but connected servers (much like what is done with EVE Online), this would effectively create neighborhoods of communities that play together, but this is not something that can be done overnight.

If we grow too fast, we will have to split the world. We are not there yet, of course. I am simply preparing for this scenario. We are growing quickly and as many of you have probably noticed, this is without any advertisement or direct promotion on our part. I've answered a few interviews and announced the launch in early January, but that's all.

If we do need additional servers, nobody will be forced to play on a specific server and players will be allowed to create characters on both servers. It will simply be an option. I was ready to offer than option now rather than later and that's all. If it does not seem necessary it will not be done.

I hope that alleviates the concerns.
    I am cool with it being "planned and developed". But it's not currently in game. That was my question. I answered it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Keith I read from Xsyon that the current engine/game does not support land (server) addition like in EvE. Did you read somewhere else that it will in the future?
    This is what Xsyon said some days ago :

The original plan that we will follow is to add new lands that run on separate but connected servers (much like what is done with EVE Online), this would effectively create neighborhoods of communities that play together, but this is not something that can be done overnight.