Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    But baskets and pouches are worthless for trade, only the creator can set permissions, how does that seem right? So, weather or not it was intended to be this hard to get baskets, in my opinion it is still broke. This is encouraging re rolling for a number of reasons that i wont put in here to not give anyone any more ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    I'm about 99% sure that he changed basketry so that you only learn bin/pouch/basket recipes if you start with basketry as your starting craft. My speculation is that non-basketeers CAN learn these recipes, but only by finding schemes for them via scavenging.

My guess is that Jooky did this to give basket weavers an actual purpose in the economy, even though it flies in the face of the sandbox concept.
    This isn't actually a change at all, other than that if you didn't pick basketry you start with no sets. But ya I agree that it is like this to give those who chose basketry a reason to play. Disagree that it's anti-sandbox though.

Quote Originally Posted by dackain View Post
    But baskets and pouches are worthless for trade, only the creator can set permissions, how does that seem right? So, weather or not it was intended to be this hard to get baskets, in my opinion it is still broke. This is encouraging re rolling for a number of reasons that i wont put in here to not give anyone any more ideas.
    If the crafter trades it to the recipient, then the recipient puts it on the ground, the recipient can then set the permissions.

Im am pretty sure that is false jumpshot, our tribe has attempted this several times with pouches/bags/baskets and that was never proven to be true, but since during release we havent had any baskets to confirm I could be wrong. Someone else get the same results as jumpshot>?

I could be wrong, everything in Xsyon is just theory.

I have yet to see it disproven though.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    I'm about 99% sure that he changed basketry so that you only learn bin/pouch/basket recipes if you start with basketry as your starting craft. My speculation is that non-basketeers CAN learn these recipes, but only by finding schemes for them via scavenging.

My guess is that Jooky did this to give basket weavers an actual purpose in the economy, even though it flies in the face of the sandbox concept.
    I've put up with all the lag and rollbacks with out complain, just waiting to see if this boat sinks or not. (hope not). but this ninja nerf if true is a deal bereaker for me. not being able to make baskets in Xsyon is like trying to swim with out arms. i'll waith till i do my own testing before deciding

Quote Originally Posted by portios7 View Post
    I've put up with all the lag and rollbacks with out complain, just waiting to see if this boat sinks or not. (hope not). but this ninja nerf if true is a deal bereaker for me. not being able to make baskets in Xsyon is like trying to swim with out arms. i'll waith till i do my own testing before deciding
    I have to agree, this change is no "small" change. One thing is to let people try to get baskets for 5 hours (and let them have fun :P), but without the ability to do your own baskets later in game sologame would be changed dramaticly and this needs to be anounced!

Again, nothing has changed other than you are not starting with any container sets.

Rerolling to start with a basket set is alot faster than doing something that will never, and never would have, gotten you a basket.

As for official responses and announcements, that's not really how this game rolls. We have had to figure out 99% of it, no reason to think that'll change.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    Again, nothing has changed other than you are not starting with any container sets.

Rerolling to start with a basket set is alot faster than doing something that will never, and never would have, gotten you a basket.

As for official responses and announcements, that's not really how this game rolls. We have had to figure out 99% of it, no reason to think that'll change.
    I did some testing now, and it did change. before the final wipe I was getting new basketry formulas fast, several per level. I just gained 3 levels and didnt get a single one. not even on the lines I have. it has been ninja nerfed and its a deal breaker for sure

It's not a deal breaker (just find someone in your tribe who can make them). It's just something that should have been announced so people could plan accordingly.

Also, why can you not share baskets/bags with friends, etc across multiple territories. When the heck did this change??

Fail. Yet again.
    lol

I suppose they probably could have (or did) change the rates at which we skill up and discover, but I don't think the basic mechanic of learning from sets you have already unlocked has changed.