Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    By pre-ordering I agreed to open PvP and full loot. I like combat system here and probaly won't run away from any fight, but still I would like to have a place where I can hang out uniterupted when I don't feel like fighting. You still have "friendly" fights inside tribes and aliances, tribal wars in the future and open PvP outside of tribal area.
    I think it's plenty for now. Allowing open PvP in tribal areas would only benefit PK'ing and I don't like that. Safe zone should be only in towns, claimed areas should be open to PvP.
    I think what you are looking for will be available, but not till after the Prelude, the amount of players that will join in 2-4 weeks time will be alot, and people will be struggling to get a place to set up camp, that is far away from each other, but close enough to each resource.

But having said that... so far everytime i do a bit of hunting, i've never bumped into anyone else, nor have i once been ganked yet!

finger crossed

Regarding other players killing you constantly, this is going to happen. I really dislike it when people complain about being ganked in a full loot sandbox, when they buy the game knowing its a full loot sandbox.
    Jooky stated several times that he won't allow ganking in this game. It will probably happen here and there but won't be allowed as a gaming style. I can search for several quotes from him if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Jooky stated several times that he won't allow ganking in this game. I will probably happen here and there but won't be allowed as a gaming style. I can search for several quotes from him if you like.
    As long as that can be enforced, I think it would be fine. The problem is that people always find loopholes around any kind of implementation. Sooner or later someone will get griefed through an exploit of some kind. Full looting of someone's corpse seem like an extremely bad idea for me. I hated it in Ultima Online and I hated even the partial looting in Asheron's Call. Losing hours of work to someone who spends less than a few minutes of effort on killing you is going to drive a lot of people away from this game.

From what I've heard, at least for now, fully looted can be only evil player(PK'er for example). Your gear will decay anyway and you'll have to relace/repiar it (not sure about repairing) so that's not that much of a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Jooky stated several times that he won't allow ganking in this game. It will probably happen here and there but won't be allowed as a gaming style. I can search for several quotes from him if you like.
    You can get all the quotations you want, a tribal warfare system is being put in. That we know for a fact, and I've received conformation about that by Jordi. With tribal warfare, comes ganking. It's unavoidable, if you have open PvP, you have ganking. That's the bottom line. There no way you can have open PvP in a game and not have ganking being involved in it, and if you have a way to do that, please, enlighten us.

How do you figure having a tribal warfare system without ganking in it? You run too far out of your tribal lands, someone doesn't like you, you get killed and looted. It's a part of war and if war is a part of this game, then I don't see the logic of how it won't be included. What will probably happen, and what should happen, is having severe penalties for people ganking in the terms of becoming an outcast. This has been put in most games in the form of people turning "red" and having others being able to attack them with no penalties.

There is already tribal barriers where people can't attack you, I don't understand what more of a mechanic you need to stop someone from ganking you. If someone is killing you outside of your tribal land, why don't you just get a large group of your tribe mates and swarm them ...? Power in numbers?

It boils my blood when people say things along the lines of "What if I am hunting and someone kills me when I'm out there alone with all of the stuff I've gathered!" Well, a question I would like to ask is why were you out in the wilderness hunting alone encumbered in the first place? Or, why were you running outside of your tribal lands with all of your precious gear on you in the first place? It's completely ridiculous, just think about what gear your carrying and play smart, then there would be no problems in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
    As long as that can be enforced, I think it would be fine. The problem is that people always find loopholes around any kind of implementation. Sooner or later someone will get griefed through an exploit of some kind. Full looting of someone's corpse seem like an extremely bad idea for me. I hated it in Ultima Online and I hated even the partial looting in Asheron's Call. Losing hours of work to someone who spends less than a few minutes of effort on killing you is going to drive a lot of people away from this game.
    I hate forced PvP myself. I've been on these forums for a year now and have seen that the devs are really dedicated to stop ganking/griefing in game. They said that if the current penalty system won't work well they will change it till they get the proper balance.

About looting...I haven't seen any really rare resource in the game. Stuffs can be crafted easily, so loosing them isn't such a big issue, and Xsyon isn't a gear based game. If a Pker kills me he can have my grass armor, lol.

Still I would love to see PvP zones in Xsyon instead of open PvP, but it probably won't happen. But since I can flee from any attack in the game, open PvP doesn't bother me much.

Tribal warfare is something different it's somewhat civilized. You agree to disagree and want to kill eachother.

The other thing is when a group of people starts killing me just for the fun of it and keep chasing me/killing me when I "res" myself. "Resing" at totem doesn't help if it took me an hour to get to a point where I was killed exploring/hunting or whatever I was doing.
    Nothing like that happend to me and I hope it won't.

The problem is that you can't expect internet/MMO community to be "civilized", open PvP is fun becouse it gives you thrill of danger, abusing open PvP is a gamebreaker for me.

How can you abuse open PvP? It's not like people can camp you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
    Skill degradation is a miss conception. I don't know where you people are getting this information from, or who is spreading what around, but this is NOT in game.
    FAQ:

Statistics increase or decrease based on actions, experience injuries and age.
    Skill based system. Skills increase and decrease based on actions and experience.

---

Needs to be updated if the plan is no longer relevant (or further explained). And if it isn't... There better be a hard cap.

I said nothing like that ever happened to me in Xyson, so I wouldn't know, and I hope you can't.
    I'm pertty sure I'll be able to run away from any one I don't want to fight with and be prepared to fight when I need to.
    I just don't like killing for the sole purpose of killing and I hope people like that will be in minority.