Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: TAGS?

Darkfall has it right when it comes to this.. you still ahve to get clsoe and mouse over the person but at least u can see if its an enemy or not quite easy.

In this at the moment its just seems the mouse over thing seems to really suck and you got to have the mouse pointer dead on them and be very very close. i dont have to wait until my m8 is standing right in front of me to be able to tell tis my 8 now do i, im not blind. I dont believe my character i blnid in game either so increase the distance you can see their names and make it easier for the naem to appear job done.. You still need to mosue over the person to see who it is. I dont want clan tags constantly over peoples heads or anything im fine with the mouse over but it just dont work well ni this atm... maybe its because all the lag will ahve ot wait and see if and when they sort it.

Quote Originally Posted by caldrin View Post
    Darkfall has it right when it comes to this.. you still ahve to get clsoe and mouse over the person but at least u can see if its an enemy or not quite easy.
    Most disliked the introduction of coloured names once it was implemented in Darkfall and in that game every race looks identical when wearing armours, in Xsyon it's actually pretty easy to recognize someone once you get use to their style, build, hair style etc.

Not knowing somebody in a tribe shouldn't be rewarded with a nice shiney tag above their heads so you can know they're friendly.

People can wear exactly the same stuff no matter what tribe they are from, as soon as people figure out the best armor to use then we will all end up looking exactly the same exactly liek darkfall. At the moment im using some tailoring armor rubicon or somthign it has a mask that covers my face and a helmet, my mate in the same tribe who jsut happens to be of similar height and build also has the same mask/helmet if it wernt for the mish mash of other stuff we had on you would not really be able to tel lthe difference.

I think your the first person i came accross that didnt like it when they changed the colours in the darkfall tags.. tho i did see some complaints on the forums but it was somthing the majority of the people wanted.

This isn't even an issue... if you wanted to tell your clan apart you have 120938120938120389 combintation of clothing and armor.

Just pick one and make sure everyone has the same item and color.. say a grass hat.. or a red bandana or make everyone have the same pack.... if you want to do more then that. make a guild uniform.

I don't mind having a extra peice of clothing a guild mate could "embose" your clan tag on.. (the same tag that you pick for your totem) Perhaps this could even be a totem feature.. bring a specific clothing type or componeants to make a talisman or cape and it crafts one with your guild symbol on it also using your guild colors on the totem.

If you die the clothing isn't useable by anyone else or gets destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by caldrin View Post
    People can wear exactly the same stuff no matter what tribe they are from, as soon as people figure out the best armor to use then we will all end up looking exactly the same exactly liek darkfall. At the moment im using some tailoring armor rubicon or somthign it has a mask that covers my face and a helmet, my mate in the same tribe who jsut happens to be of similar height and build also has the same mask/helmet if it wernt for the mish mash of other stuff we had on you would not really be able to tel lthe difference.
    This instead of wasting resources on name tags fix other stuff. its fine the way it is. it takes work to figure out who a person is in the current system.

Also when you start fighting with other people this will affect them too. this shouldn't be able quick and easy war should be hard so that members will take friendly fire and such.

Making it easier to tell your friends apart will make it easier for your enemies to tell you apart and in turn kill you faster.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    This instead of wasting resources on name tags fix other stuff. its fine the way it is. it takes work to figure out who a person is in the current system.

Also when you start fighting with other people this will affect them too. this shouldn't be able quick and easy war should be hard so that members will take friendly fire and such.

Making it easier to tell your friends apart will make it easier for your enemies to tell you apart and in turn kill you faster.
    This is a game i dont want to have to work.. i want o have fun lol.. liekthe idea of the clan tag on amror or somthing tho

Give me Darkfall tags in Xsyon. They do it very well.

For the 9000th time: Real life does not apply in a computer game.

If you need a tribe name under the name of your target to recognize your own tribe members, I think you might need to socialize with them more :-p

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyEvil View Post
    If you need a tribe name under the name of your target to recognize your own tribe members, I think you might need to socialize with them more :-p

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    This isn't even an issue... if you wanted to tell your clan apart you have 120938120938120389 combintation of clothing and armor.

Just pick one and make sure everyone has the same item and color.. say a grass hat.. or a red bandana or make everyone have the same pack.... if you want to do more then that. make a guild uniform.

I don't mind having a extra peice of clothing a guild mate could "embose" your clan tag on.. (the same tag that you pick for your totem) Perhaps this could even be a totem feature.. bring a specific clothing type or componeants to make a talisman or cape and it crafts one with your guild symbol on it also using your guild colors on the totem.

If you die the clothing isn't useable by anyone else or gets destroyed.

Better yet, choose two items of clothing, decide which gets your primary tribe color and which gets your secondary, and then have your tribe wear that. Makes it much less likely anyone will accidentally imitate it.

But the idea of an embossed clan tag is pretty neat, too. Although allowing it to be lootable and wearable would make for some interesting situations, as well.