Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    Please man keep the drama out. I do not want it to devolve into that.
    Too late!

I laughed, but only a little. I should have put more effort into that jest.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaHR View Post
    How is it fair that they have to run for landgrab...again?
    I assume you're talking about those that placed a totem and was legitimized. But what I'm saying is what if another totem was placed there and not your tribes? Even though you're sure you placed it. That was what I meant by singing the same tune. It was a phrase, I apologize not being more clear.

In other words if you weren't guaranteed that you wouldn't get your spot and another tribe did. Would you still be advocating for saved totems.

Threre is no win-win solution about this. I guessed you figured it out by now. How about people that did place the totem on 18th and spent hours in trying? How is it fair that they have to run for landgrab...again?
    Of course not everyone is going to be satisfied.

My opinion only.
    AS the game is going to be RESTARTED on a new server it is only fair that no totems be saved.I could also say please start up at the same time as it was very nice time for me.I certainly will not go complaining whatever the new start time.

Threre is no win-win solution about this. I guessed you figured it out by now. How about people that did place the totem on 18th and spent hours in trying? How is it fair that they have to run for landgrab...again?
    I understand and I was there for 7-10 hours doing the same thing. In the 3 totems we placed, due to overwrites, etc, we might even have a "saved" spot. But in one case, ours was overwritten by someone who came later. There were people placing multiple totems. I fail to see how it's fair to reserve spots without 100% data recovery.

I think it is worth sacrificing a few hours of our time to gaurantee fairness and a clean slate.

Restoring anything seems bullshit to me.. The lag was horrible for anyone, many tried for hours and still didnt place a legit one. Others thought they placed and logged out as they were supposed to and then their tribe got screwed oder night. Srsly, there is noone that "earned" their position.

I know you cant satisfy everyone but a complete wipe is still more fair than some random restore..

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    I assume you're talking about those that placed a totem and was legitimized. But what I'm saying is what if another totem was placed there and not your tribes? Even though you're sure you placed it. That was what I meant by singing the same tune. It was a phrase, I apologize not being more clear.

In other words if you weren't guaranteed that you wouldn't get your spot and another tribe did. Would you still be advocating for saved totems.
    What exactly am i advocating? Have i declared one should be done over the other? Please, dont presume things. Im 50-50 on it, as i said "no win-win solution". Means that anything that is decided - sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by woachaos View Post
    Restoring anything seems bullshit to me.. The lag was horrible for anyone, many tried for hours and still didnt place a legit one. Others thought they placed and logged out as they were supposed to and then their tribe got screwed oder night. Srsly, there is noone that "earned" their position.

I know you cant satisfy everyone but a complete wipe is still more fair than some random restore..
    Agreed

What exactly am i advocating? Have i declared one should be done over the other? Please, dont presume things. Im 50-50 on it, as i said "no win-win solution". Means that anything that is decided - sucks.
    I didn't realize I was presuming your stance I apologize. I should have taken it as a straight question.
    Do I believe that those who did get saved totem should have to rerun for it again? Yes because, even though unfair either way, the lesser of two evils would be to wipe and start everybody on even ground.

I speak only for myself here. I am pro full wipe, no restored data. I'm of course torn, because I see both sides and I was there and made many runs to get it done that night, but I also have a major desire to see this game flourish for all involved.

It's a definite no-win situation.

I understand the points being made on both sides, and I can see some merit in both. The question I still have - and it's not original, other people have already raised it - is; what about the people who showed up on the appointed day, in some cases making real-world sacrifices to do so, and expended a lot of effort to plant their totem in spite of all the frustration? How can it be fair if that counts for nothing?

It seems to me that if the recovered data from the day of The Great Land Grab unambiguously validates a claim to a site, the effort expended to claim that site demands that claim be honored. 'Well there's some confusion with regard to other sites,' isn't a legitimate reason to invalidate the claims that aren't ambiguous.

For the claims that are ambiguous... Well, that's where it's a no-win. If you grant the claim to one over the other, someone's going to be happy and someone's going to be mad. If you throw out both claims, two people are going to be mad.

At this point, I would say that if you've filed a claim to a plot of land and that claim is invalidated, the developers - who, let's be frank, caused this problem, albeit unintentionally - need to take some thought about a little compensation for the disappointed claimant.