Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning Evil

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    lol ill stand by my point xsyon has many sandbox elements, more than lots of other games that really do claim to be sandboxes. You still havent really provided any real evidence for your point the intervoew DOES NOT say at any point that xsyon is a sandbox game so how can jordy agree with it??
    Ah, I see, so you just ignore the quote from the Xsyon site completely......which DOES say it IS a sandbox MMORPG (though there is a spelling error and they have it as MMOPRG ;P)

(on a side note, please please please get the server back up lol we are reduced to discussing (argueing if you like) the sandboxyness of Xsyon...save us!!!)

A Tale in the Desert is a sandbox, and it has no combat at all. FFA PvP is not a requirement for a sandbox game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    A Tale in the Desert is a sandbox, and it has no combat at all. FFA PvP is not a requirement for a sandbox game.
    I deem this True ^_^

It's the one "sandbox" without it. Face it the terms we gamers live by are vague at best. Guess what though? This game has FFA PVP. Love it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    It's the one "sandbox" without it. Face it the terms we gamers live by are vague at best. Guess what though? This game has FFA PVP. Love it or leave it.
    lol.

you must love crafting

Meh, we onto sandbox again? This is sandbox:

- kill anyone, anywhere, anytime with 0 consequences
    - terraform anywhere you want
    - all containers are set to public
    - pretty loose grief rules that only go to RL limit - racism and such
    - destroy any totem anytime you want
    - buildings can be destroyed anywhere, anytime

And let playerbase police themselves, absolutely no rules. no dev interventions. no protections of any kind. no restrictions.

Nobody wants it. Shoo.

reason I try not to argue over the word sandbox is because gamespot a few times refered to GTA series as a sandbox and GTA was (maybe still is) listed as an example of a 'non-lineral game' in wikipedia.
    After that, I was done with the subject and the word.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaHR View Post

And let playerbase police themselves, absolutely no rules. no dev interventions. no protections of any kind. no restrictions.

Nobody wants it. Shoo.
    It's a sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaHR View Post

Nobody wants it. Shoo.

Speak it Sister. SPEAK IT!

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    5 or 10 min stat loss isn't really a penalty, permament loss isn't permament either you gain stats and skill anyway by doing things. It should be there to make people don't want to die or risk it. It's not fast paced PvP game, you have to work for what you get.
    I believe you are right, and, somehow, I believe too that Xsyon will address the death penalty and alignment topics once the more pressing technical issues with the server are dealt with.

I believe a stinging death penalty is needed for this game and a penalty to stats and skills sounds good to me. And with that I mean an actual loss of stat or skill points, thus no temporary one. Additionally, death could cause that a player "cannot remember" a crafting recipe or two after the death experience.

I envision a system that - while FFA PvP is possible - causes that FFA PvP seldom is chosen as the most appropriate action by the players, just because the penalty for death is hurting so much.

Also, just imagine a death penalty that is dynamic, possibly after religion is introduced into the game. Here the death penalty could be a light to moderate one when, for example, there have been less than 5 player-killings server-wide in the last 24 hours, climbing to a very steep death penalty if we had more than 100 player-killings during the last 24 hours or so.