290. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

52 17.93%
  • No!

225 77.59%
  • Undecided!

13 4.48%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Well as i understand, if your logged in and NOT using a skill it decays.

So say someone takes the DF route, and AFK swims overnight. They return to really high swimming skill and lower everything else. So if you macro it is at the expense of all your other skills.

or am i missing something...

Xsyon Citizen
    Set a random check in for anyone doing the same action for more than 20mins has a random click here interface from the gods stating "We have noticed you've been doing this for some time now, before we smite you click here!" and have it at random times from 20mins on LOL would be fun and funny, most people probley wouldnt mind and smiting them would do some good..

also if you see anyone macroing... FFAPVP is for the win on this one, just whack em, loot em and enjoy from their goods..

if they are smart enough to create complex macro's then so much the better for them, they may of earned it, but i tell ya making randomizing macro's isnt easy work and usually isn't done for gamming for the simple fact Macro'ers are lazy people who don't want to do the work anyways...

/end rant

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Well as i understand, if your logged in and NOT using a skill it decays.

So say someone takes the DF route, and AFK swims overnight. They return to really high swimming skill and lower everything else. So if you macro it is at the expense of all your other skills.

or am i missing something...
    I also think you drown if you run out of stam in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinhil124a View Post
    Set a random check in for anyone doing the same action for more than 20mins has a random click here interface from the gods stating "We have noticed you've been doing this for some time now, before we smite you click here!" and have it at random times from 20mins on LOL would be fun and funny, most people probley wouldnt mind and smiting them would do some good..

also if you see anyone macroing... FFAPVP is for the win on this one, just whack em, loot em and enjoy from their goods..

if they are smart enough to create complex macro's then so much the better for them, they may of earned it, but i tell ya making randomizing macro's isnt easy work and usually isn't done for gamming for the simple fact Macro'ers are lazy people who don't want to do the work anyways...

/end rant
    You obvisouly don't comprehend the complexity of macros I am able to write. (and for those not smart enough you can get a program that just records what you do and then loop it.. you click 2 buttons record and playback lol)

It would be easy to kill macroers... IF they couldn't safely macro inside their tribal lands.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    You obvisouly don't comprehend the complexity of macros I am able to write. (and for those not smart enough you can get a program that just records what you do and then loop it.. you click 2 buttons record and playback lol)
    everything can be macrable... but if the thing is complex to do and the work don't pay the time u need to write the macro then u (probably) don't have macros
    btw adding stuff like a button to click or other thing is pretty useless bc is really easy to detect ... i think the only pain for a macro is a random event that can change a lot the mechanics of what u are doing
    like a monster spawn during a gathering is harder to detect than a simple button (and u need to implement in the macro a combat system for just gathering, this increase the complexity of the macro :P)

for ex all the captcha question for register in a forum or download a file etc are all readable by bots (i think google don't have problem to bypass any of that stupid checks, but normal people don't have the knowledge of google :P so u can block atleast 99% of people in that way)

Quote Originally Posted by iraclear View Post
    I also think you drown if you run out of stam in the water.
    no you don't.

Also, you only unlearn something when you stop using it- it doesn't go down just because something else went up- unless there's a softcap number that they haven't told us about.

auto-it has simple pixel detection abilities that use can use colors shapes or pictures not just simple screen positions for triggers.

But I hate to have to agree with tazerboy on this issue.. the elemination of "safe zones" whtch I have preached about would eliminate the problem of afk macroing inside your area without a player being able to intervene.

A macro can be created for everything but also any macro can be detected. It is fairly obvious if someone is using a macro and not difficult to detect if you are looking. If caught character = deleted. So maybe people will still macro but that is the risk they take and I don't think anyone wants to waste their time with macros only to have their character deleted. So with that policy there will be justice at least. People should get what they deserve.

Fact is you are wanting to ban people who pay a monthly sub for playing the game more than you. I think macroing is for chumps with no skill but it doesn't actually do any harm. It just means they will have more skill points than you but typically less skill.