Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper66 View Post
    Are there any guns in this game??,, why not did the apock make them all disappear?.. might solve a lot of problems we are all having,,(I know a Marine Base that has tanks and guns near Tahoe I'am headed there first)!!!
    because the game is set about 24 years after the apoc...just look at a totem for the date....
    All the ammunition would have most likely been used up ages ago... that also goes for gas, which will become useless for engines after an even shorter time.
    They have said we will get bows and arrows at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Robbhood View Post
    I love PvP.
    Clearly you do not.

The presence of PvP on those that are not willing is what adds "danger" to games, and overcoming danger is what is fun in games.

That being said, I don't like killing people that present no challenge. I DO love playing "gank the ganker" and beating someone who thinks they're about to get off with an easy win.

So ya... you can play a single player game if you like, I'd prefer to play one where I can't just click click click until my eyes bleed with no chance of anything I didn't expect happening.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    you wouldn't get anything from me whether you kill me or not, try looting my corpse in water that is where i will be when i die so you can't.
    I heard bragging about being a coward and exploiter is what all the cool kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    Why kill a crafter.
    1. You're in my area. Limited resources. You're taking them. Sorry. Die. Nice innards.
    2. I'm in your area. Limited resources, I don't have very many at home, you've got a lot, thanks i'll take your stuff.
    3. Paranoia. How do i know you wont jump me while i'm sorting junk?
    4. With animal sightings a rarity after the first hour, how else am i supposed to raise my armed combat ability?
    5. Nice shoes. I don't have any. Looks like those will fit. yup. they do. sorry about the entrail spillage.
    6. Bad day. you were in the way. sorry.
    7. Hmm. maybe if i kill you, you'll call out some friends and we can have ourselves a partay.
    8. You killed my father.
    9. You stole my goat.
    10. Hat Envy.
    /signed

+100 for "hat envy"

so if i have decided to play a cowardly thieving bastard who prays on the weak... why would i not attack that crafter... or that merchent with my gang of thiefs.. who said because my class it build for fighting im looking to fight and not just Rob ppl with goods for my own benifit.. why do you think rich people hire bodyguards.. why is this concept so hard for people to understand?

btw this is not how i play its just my point

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    I heard bragging about being a coward and exploiter is what all the cool kids do.
    show me where it is said that no looting in water is an exploit or bug? Coward maybe but if i can't fight back because i have a crafting tool in my hand instead of a weapon what am i supposed to do? would be killed by the time i switched to a weapon so only choice is to run and try to deny you the loot you want, if that means jumping into water than so be it, if that means jumping off a cliff so you will follow me and die also to be teleported back to your evil totem then so be it. even if caught in open and killed you won't have anything to loot but the little i have on me as most everything will be locked up in a basket anyways. if pker's try to ruin my fun, i will try to ruin theirs to the best of my ability allowed in game

Quote Originally Posted by kombi View Post
    so if i have decided to play a cowardly thieving bastard who prays on the weak... why would i not attack that crafter... or that merchent with my gang of thiefs.. who said because my class it build for fighting im looking to fight and not just Rob ppl with goods for my own benifit.. why do you think rich people hire bodyguards.. why is this concept so hard for people to understand?

btw this is not how i play its just my point
    that is your right if you want to play that way, but it is not your right to use that as an excuse for ganking a player over and over which is the usual case for the griefers. I've said it in another thread there is 2 types of people that play like you said, one is a pvp'r and the other is simply a pker who just wants to ruin anothers time.

Loot.

You supply people who PvP against me.

Competition for areas and resources. Crafters are part of that.

We're all going to be crafters and combatants, anyway. Unfortunately, Jordi made separate soft caps for combat and crafting skills.

9. 02-24-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    /signed

+100 for "hat envy"

haha Im a Crafter and I got to admit, that list is hillarious!
    I have no problem with PVPers even those who go after me while im scaving..its part of the game. Most cases ive run into, its some new nekid kid with one axe running around like hes on PCP..in those cases I just kill em and go do something else for a bit.
    If its a pvper who actually knows a thing or two..I just hit H, drop my bin if im heavy and X it out of there...no harm in running if your toon isnt set up to fight.

p.s. phear ta Cat Hat!!

I personally don't like fighting crafters but if my guild is at war with another guild, then preying on their crafters just makes tactical sense. Also if I'm in a ganking mood I will gank everyone and anyone. Crafters do bug me a little though, their personality and their sense of entitlement. I play MMO's because I love not knowing or having control of people or situations. Some people get extremely stressed when things don't go their way. These are the people I hate and whether they are crafter or pvper I will kill them just so I can hear them freak out.