Thread: Stat caps

Stat caps

From my understanding the current stats have caps preset by the player during creation. After which, the player can only work with what they set.

Wouldn't it be a better system to allow players to set their stats as they wish with a maximum amount of points, and a max cap per stat IE:100 strength. Then allow them to build/lose though stats based on the actions/skills they use (like the UO system but with more stats).

There can still be decaying of stat points from lack of use, but this would allow players to have the freedom to change paths down the road without either gimping themselves or having to reroll a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    From my understanding the current stats have caps preset by the player during creation. After which, the player can only work with what they set.

Wouldn't it be a better system to allow players to set their stats as they wish with a maximum amount of points, and a max cap per stat IE:100 strength. Then allow them to build/lose though stats based on the actions/skills they use (like the UO system but with more stats).

There can still be decaying of stat points from lack of use, but this would allow players to have the freedom to change paths down the road without either gimping themselves or having to reroll a new character.
    I've thought the same, the stats don't seem to change and do seem to be very limiting.

stat caps = good.
    no stat cap = macro grind fest to max all stats = bad

if u read much around here u would know u are limited to 90 in everything and must then force higher through use! that is why u are limited to 90 instead of 100 at creation. alot of features arent in yet or turned on. but u should shortly* be able to do as u say move stats around as u see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    stat caps = good.
    no stat cap = macro grind fest to max all stats = bad
    My idea still had a cap enabled, it was based on a maximum point cap, just dispersed as the player chooses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    if u read much around here u would know u are limited to 90 in everything and must then force higher through use! that is why u are limited to 90 instead of 100 at creation. alot of features arent in yet or turned on. but u should shortly* be able to do as u say move stats around as u see fit.
    The point was as we both agree, free arrangement of the stats would be best. You could still keep the 90-100 mastery somehow, dunno.

Is this true or are stats just hard to lvl atm so they seem to remain capped at preset levels?

srs question, no trolling in hurrrrr