Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rants and raves

i don't get the personal attacks on the forums for low pop game. so you don't agree with his opinions...it's an anon opinion on the forum of a ultra low pop video game...wouldnt think that would generate so much anger and animosity.

This thread reminds me of PvP in Xsyon.

It's pointless and takes too long to defeat someone.

ZIIIIING !

Quote Originally Posted by fotuenti View Post
    This thread reminds me of PvP in Xsyon.

It's pointless and takes too long to defeat someone.

ZIIIIING !

Haha, thats funny. So true sooooo true.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhardcore View Post
    It's what happens when you surround yourself with yes men like Birdus and Guide Ragu, and let weirdos like fatboy and mactavendish dictate your game's direction.
    No need for personal attacks. Focus on topic.

I agree the "non PVPers" (or whatever they want to be called) are putting a LOT of opinions that I believe (and has been shown) to not help. I think that's one of the biggest problems. You have tribes like this one, believe they are PVPing Tribes. So now the real PVPing tribes are not being expressed because they are telling Jordi "Ya we are pvping tribes, we do duels all the time".

So now Jordi is listening not only to the "non PvPers" but the ones he thinks are PVPers, are really not they are like this tribe here, crafting tribes that want duels and able to train on other players. Not world conflicts and truly open PVP.

So my thing is where are the true PVP Tribes getting their voice? Well in my opinion most of them left the game because of the changes Jordi made. (Safe totems anywhere any time, not truly FFA PVP, bad looting system, no contested anything, lacking of rare resources) many of the things that were said to be in the game or coming SOON™.

So now he is left with mostly tribes like this that claim they are the "PVP Tribes" yet really are not, and other non PVPers.
    Where are the major PVP tribes, like Goon Squad, Dark Hand of Valor, Pandemic etc they are gone, these large tribes gone because of the non PVP changes to the game after "early access", from what was listed in the features or said to be planned.

It really begs the question why. Which of course has never been addressed. I think Jordi would like to see 2000-3000 players who don't really care for PvP, so then he has a full game and doesn't have to address PvP. However, that is not happening, so it is either work on the PvP system or except a very, very low population game. That's just how it is. To say PvPers are not by far the majority in sandbox games, is just putting your head in your ass. It's pure myth. Maybe they do not partake in combat PvP, but there are a lot of crafters even, who PvP through their trade of crafting and not their combat. So I am not saying everyone who likes PvP participates in PvP. There are many who love PvP games, but do not like to PvP. They just like the extra challenge of having to watch their back.

If Jordi wanted PvP even to be a small part of this game, he hasn't even accomplished that.

But by not limiting the PvP, it has a huge positive effect on economy and the fun of players.

The biggest annoyance is not getting any information about this. So we must make assumptions.

and I assume he is working so hard on a meaningful, balanced and working combat system, not so we can stand still and smack mobs, but so he can move onto creating a great expansion and land capture system that would have a lot of PvP, and of course this can't be implemented with the combat we had at launch. The cart can't go before the horse.

Speaking of carts? Were suppose to be done by end of september, but haven't heard a word. Also, we were suppose to "expect" a large patch in two days. Not even a peep on that.

I'd just appreciate some better communication. Please tell us the truth, even if it may be painful to hear. If it was going to take another month to put out a large patch, say one month, not two weeks so everyone feels all giddy.

On the flip of that coin, if you were to release two large patches within two weeks of each other, people would be ecstatic, as it would show real progress in the speed of development.

Again with the slandering, without proof you can't make statements DDT. What opinions are we making that are "ruining" the game? You have agreed with me more often than not on the suggestions. The ones you don't know about I'm sure you would also agree with.

Take for example locational damage.

Separate hit boxes for different body locations to provide combat with more strategy.(attacking legs to slow an opponent,arms to reduce parrying ability/damage output)

These things I suggested almost a month ago. That's right, before the current thread you agreed with.

I don't get where you think that you can make such statements about other people's actions without the proof. It's like me saying that you are a crafter because you have higher crafting skills than combat skills.

You don't seem to look forward at all, is the here and now that damn important?

What proof has been provided? All that has been said so far is assumptions, along with questions being worded for the intent of twisting the response.

Quote Originally Posted by krimara View Post
    Again with the slandering, without proof you can't make statements DDT. What opinions are we making that are "ruining" the game? You have agreed with me more often than not on the suggestions. The ones you don't know about I'm sure you would also agree with.

Take for example locational damage.

Separate hit boxes for different body locations to provide combat with more strategy.(attacking legs to slow an opponent,arms to reduce parrying ability/damage output)

These things I suggested almost a month ago. That's right, before the current thread you agreed with.

I don't get where you think that you can make such statements about other people's actions without the proof. It's like me saying that you are a crafter because you have higher crafting skills than combat skills.

You don't seem to look forward at all, is the here and now that damn important?
    Sorry, where did I make slandering statements vs you?

I'm not saying, you dont agree with me. You should reread my post. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    No need for personal attacks. Focus on topic.

I agree the "non PVPers" (or whatever they want to be called) are putting a LOT of opinions that I believe (and has been shown) to not help.
    Here lack of evidence.

I think that's one of the biggest problems.
    You have tribes like this one, believe they are PVPing Tribes.
    Here targeting.
    So now the real PVPing tribes are not being expressed because they are telling Jordi "Ya we are pvping tribes, we do duels all the time". Here assuming

So now Jordi is listening not only to the "non PvPers" but the ones he thinks are PVPers, are really not they are like this tribe here, crafting tribes that want duels and able to train on other players. Not world conflicts and truly open PVP. Here once again targeting slandering and assuming

So my thing is where are the true PVP Tribes getting their voice? Well in my opinion most of them left the game because of the changes Jordi made. (Safe totems anywhere any time, not truly FFA PVP, bad looting system, no contested anything, lacking of rare resources) many of the things that were said to be in the game or coming SOON™.

So now he is left with mostly tribes like this that claim they are the "PVP Tribes" yet really are not, and other non PVPers.
    Where are the major PVP tribes, like Goon Squad, Dark Hand of Valor, Pandemic etc they are gone, these large tribes gone because of the non PVP changes to the game after "early access", from what was listed in the features or said to be planned.
    And here making statements with no data to provide for verification. You want people to believe this, provide PROOF not just what you say. I and the think the rest of the community would really like to see data, not just assumptions or heresy.
    You are trying to label people that you don't know, don't talk to ingame, and in general have no idea about.

Quote Originally Posted by krimara View Post
    You are trying to label people that you don't know, don't talk to ingame, and in general have no idea about.
    I didnt say slandering statements vs you.
    I was talking in general. Your tribe, and other NON PVP tribes. There is no way for me to know everything about what you believe or have said. I'm talking in general.
    If you fit in that group and you want to class yourself with some of them, that's partly your problem, and your tribes. I've already shown how my opinions of what you call a PVP tribe are not inline with what other PVPers would call a PVP tribe. According to you, EVERY tribe is a PVP tribe. Do we need to rehash this again? Or can you just read up and learn.

It's not slander if its true.

Which facts do I need to bring to show how bad the game is doing, and how carebears opinions have been part of that? Should I show many of the posts that have already said this before? There is no proof without a doubt on this, its call opinions using experience from past games.

Or you disagree that Xsyon is doing bad for a company stand point (making money), and as a player stand point (being fun and active).

How much data, opinions, facts and proof do you need to see that Xsyon is doing bad? Or should we debate that in this thread too?

When someone says "I agree" that states its an opinion. I know its simple English, but you should know this. If there it were data there would be no need to agree. It would just be fact. I'm stating the opinion of WHY I believe something, and of that opinion.

Its not slander that I believe your tribe is not a PVP tribe. Its an opinion again, as stated in this thread why.

Are you saying that those major clans are NOT gone? My data on why they are gone is from talking to those clans and players. Maybe you should try it.

Just FYI, the word you are looking for is Libel btw, not Slander. Slander is spoken, Libel is written. Again common English.