Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    This gets better and better, can someone from guides clean this one up and give him warning? please, he is way off topic, and hes making personal attacks, and so dose the other.
    Or no one cares?
    There is a little icon to the left, you can click that if you want to send that report to the mods.

About your idea of a poll, Ive yet to see any reason other than "I want it" for a poll. We have shot you down time and time again on why they dont work, you keep coming back with "But I want it" and "It will bring lots of people"

You really should read up on the game, and stop posting about things you are ignorant about. Once you understand how things work you really should think about a good idea about what both works for YOU and the DEVs.

Saying "But all these people will play" isnt a good reason. Nor is "But I want it".

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    There is a little icon to the left, you can click that if you want to send that report to the mods.

About your idea of a poll, Ive yet to see any reason other than "I want it" for a poll. We have shot you down time and time again on why they dont work, you keep coming back with "But I want it" and "It will bring lots of people"

You really should read up on the game, and stop posting about things you are ignorant about. Once you understand how things work you really should think about a good idea about what both works for YOU and the DEVs.

Saying "But all these people will play" isnt a good reason. Nor is "But I want it".
    First, thanks for info, now, poll tab in game launcher is a good tool for all ideas not just this one, and devs would see what people think about any idea befor they implement somthing.
    And how would you know poll is something that I myself would want only?

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    First, thanks for info, now, poll tab in game launcher is a good tool for all ideas not just this one, and devs would see what people think about any idea befor they implement somthing.
    And how would you know poll is something that I myself would want only?
    Devs already shot the poll idea down. Why? Because polls dont work. Not just my thoughts Dev's thoughts on it. This is why they turned them off. They already said if they were to do a real poll it would need to go out by emails.

Im sure there one other person that agrees with your idea. Again its not about YOU, its about what the devs want. They already shot this idea down 11months ago. What has changed now than then?

I hate having to try to debate your side for you, but you are doing a pretty bad job of just digging your own hole. You have yet to make any points, and really just trolling it seems like.

Thanks for the reminder of the icon on the left there DDT. I've seen fit to report a number of posts made in this thread. I don't know that anything will come of it as the proverbial towel may well have been thrown in on moderating a modicum of civility but hey... if it can help elevate the general demeanor that seems to have gone awry to a point more worthy of Xsyon the game, then that would be a good thing.

Willowhawk, theme park or no theme park isn't the question here. I understand you don't seem to find value in a "theme park" type of game. No problem. Z is not suggesting Xsyon be turned into that.

For example, World of Warcraft, the most egregious offender to those with such vehement hatred for theme parks such as yourself, in fact has FFA PVP servers, and PVE servers. In the former, a level 70 can run around clubbing a level 15. Perfectly legit, perfectly consensual by virtue of having chosen that option. On the other hand, on the PVE server, there is still PVP to be found, but it is up to the individual to choose what he or she may feel like doing upon that day's adventure. The decision is not made by someone else. As such, any ensuing PVP is perfectly legit, perfectly consensual.

A more recent egregious offender of the hell-no-we-won't-theme-parko variety is Star Wars: The Old Republic. Again, a theme park? Yes. Is that the point here? I'm afraid not. The point is that they have the same consensually driven PVP server constructs as World of Warcraft. Prior to allowing an incoming player to even join a FFA PVP server, a warning is given that no intervention by game moderators will occur. Anything which can be determined through PVP will be determined through PVP, no exceptions.

Clearly whether or not a game is a theme park or not isn't particularly germane to this discussion. What is, however, is that Z is requesting the consideration of an option when it comes to PVP. He is not alone in thinking this. No need to throw imaginary numbers of players to try and quantify it. It simply is what it is.

FFA PVP is the rule in the current inception of Xsyon. I certainly knew this when I bought the game and I don't regret having bought it one bit. However, the freedom of choice on how I wish to spend my evening after a long day is very important to me.

So, why is it that the suggestion of considering a potential option is met with such immature anger and rage by some? I understand many would like the idea to just go away... but if it is not about what Z wants, why should it be about what any of you want? It is about what Jordi wants with input from players? Okay, understood. Why do some of you feel so entitled to determine what is valid input from a player and what is not?

If we really want to play the card of "that's not what Jordi envisioned" then that reductionist point of view can come back to haunt quite a number of players who, for example, want to see sieging and warfare. Jordi has said many times this was not part of his original vision. Shall we impose your line of thought across the board? I thought not.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    If we really want to play the card of "that's not what Jordi envisioned" then that reductionist point of view can come back to haunt quite a number of players who, for example, want to see sieging and warfare. Jordi has said many times this was not part of his original vision. Shall we impose your line of thought across the board? I thought not.
    He did say contested resources. So I dont think people need to see sieging, but warfare has always been on the table. In fact he said long ago AFTER prelude there will be less restrictions for more warfare. Prelude is the build up phase.

Sieging he said he would think about it. I dont think the game will support sieging in the common sense that you take over someone's tribe. The game isnt balanced in the least to support that.

WOW nor SWTOR has FFA PVP. So Im not sure where you getting it. FFA PVP means NO SIDES. Both WOW and SWTOR have faction PVP. You should learn the terms before trying to belittle someone else on their posts. I know you might not know the games, but if you dont know then please just dont post about things you dont understand.

I know you are not a PVPer, and you likely would be fine with PVP on a server as long as there are safe areas for you to play, but to say that WOW has FFA PVP is a slap in the face to PVPers who know that is just a boldfaced lie to try to prove your horrid point of PVP in theme parks.

Brook, I'm sorry if my post was missleading and you thought I find no value in theme park games. I play Vanguard, World of Warcraft, (Raven Moon had well over 300 members in WOW) LOTR, Age of Conan, Everques ll etc. I started in Everquest back in 1999. Comparing those games to games like Wish, Irth, Wurm and Xsyon is a stretch at best. True, Irth offered both PVE and PVP options but it also had NPCs and a quest system so it was in fact a PVE game with PVP option.

Xsyon was designed to be a true player versus player environment. There are no NPC's and no quests systems therefore aside from a sims type crafting game with a little hunting there is no game. It's Minecraft with real graphics.

Should the developers put time and energy into providing another server for that? Their choice. Which is why I said to put his suggestion into the suggestion thread and let the devs decide if they want to do a poll. I didn't say he couldn't, I just asked him to please stop the endless repetitive posting. He created a second thread because the moderator shut down the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Thank you MrDDT, I did exactly what you said, reported him. For trolling, restarting a new thread with the same topic as the one that was locked, and just in general failing at everything.

I can't believe this thread is still going. Just goes to show you how board people can get in this day and age...hehe

Bottom line the guy has just as much right to express his opinion as anyone else and those of you arguing with him are just as much to blame as him for this thread getting to this point. Might i suggest that we just move on now and let this thing rest once and for all? I mean really ten pages and now everyone is reporting everyone this is not doing anyone any good.