Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    @Znaiika, long as we're off-topic

Reality is a relative thing. You'd be amazed what people consider reality around the world! I wouldn't really go to a shaman for medical attention, for example, but it's accepted by many people around the world as part of their reality so, it's valid to them. It's why the DSM-IV (psychology diagnostic manual written by western academics) isn't cross-culturally valid... but I'm seriously digressing now.

I'm not sure what kind of loot to expect from revenants. I had also heard it would be player related, so if I get killed and then you kill the revenant, you might get my knife! In a sense that's kind of cool. If I get killed and looted by a revenant, I can call you up and we'll go gang up on the revenant to get my stuff back. The really cool part? The revenant is not going to throw a tantrum and come clear-cut all my trees or pave my trash-pile! Pretty cool.

I understand where you're coming from though, as I said earlier, I was really skeptical about the "zombies" and thought it was just going to be a mindless gimmick... but my mind changed as I learned more about what is planned. I think they'll do a good job on keeping it relevant to the world of Xsyon. There's a lot of lore and story you can include to make revenants a part of this new strange world we've woken into. I *think* revenants were part of the original design, but could be wrong. Either way, let's wait til we see how it's implemented before judging it It's worth the benefit of the doubt.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    @Znaiika, long as we're off-topic

Reality is a relative thing. You'd be amazed what people consider reality around the world! I wouldn't really go to a shaman for medical attention, for example, but it's accepted by many people around the world as part of their reality so, it's valid to them. It's why the DSM-IV (psychology diagnostic manual written by western academics) isn't cross-culturally valid... but I'm seriously digressing now.

I'm not sure what kind of loot to expect from revenants. I had also heard it would be player related, so if I get killed and then you kill the revenant, you might get my knife! In a sense that's kind of cool. If I get killed and looted by a revenant, I can call you up and we'll go gang up on the revenant to get my stuff back. The really cool part? The revenant is not going to throw a tantrum and come clear-cut all my trees or pave my trash-pile! Pretty cool.

I understand where you're coming from though, as I said earlier, I was really skeptical about the "zombies" and thought it was just going to be a mindless gimmick... but my mind changed as I learned more about what is planned. I think they'll do a good job on keeping it relevant to the world of Xsyon. There's a lot of lore and story you can include to make revenants a part of this new strange world we've woken into. I *think* revenants were part of the original design, but could be wrong. Either way, let's wait til we see how it's implemented before judging it It's worth the benefit of the doubt.
    Yep reality is a relative thing, some people call it matrix, it is waves interpreted by brain.
    But anyway, I am glad Xsion is working on it, we do need animal and combat to be a priority, then bonuses, then totems.

Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    That would have been me, And I would have not said it if I was not waiting for it.

But here is the thing, Why are you making a post at all? I'm asking because I don't understand why someone that has not played in two years, Um was we playing two years ago? Any way, Say it was two years ago, Why care at all. There are many games I was hoping to play and when it didn't happen I didn't come back years later crying that the game didn't go the way I wanted it to. Xsyon is a game that I'm willing to wait for, If your not. Well sorry. But making the post pointing out what anyone that has been here for the last two years already knows, I just don't get.
    Not sure what is not to get. I have played off and on these past 2 years and always stopped as I felt the game was not quite finished yet. I don't have any motives for posting this here just expressing my opinion as a paying customer.

I find it sad that the game has not progressed much in all this time and I post because I obviously care about the project and would love to see it succeed. I dont think anyone in their right mind could possible say the development of this game is anything but painstakingly slow and yes I have read the reasons for the slowness. I am just a bit frustrated by it and am starting to think that the present crew does not have the skills nessesary to complete the game as all we have seen so far is hardly major changes, more like tweaks.

I think if the real story is that no major development can go on as they do not have the skills and they were lost with the original programmers then the company should be upfront about his and stop people wasting their time on something that is not going to happen. I saw this with Roma Victor and would hate that to happen to this game. At least Jordi is not an out and out bull shitter like KFR was though !

Any that is why I made the post.

Good luck all and good luck Xsyon - I really hope the next time I look in there will be something to stick around for

As long as we are talking about reality and not Xsyon...

let's get a new thread going shall we? I'd love to be part of that discussion

But Znaika is essentially correct. People can be fooled into believing they taste pasta when they are eating fruit. It all has to do with zeeeee braiiiin

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    You're way over your head MrDDT, It doesn't say any "MYTH buddy" in the features, it doesn't even say "Mythological creatures" which could well be people with dog heads, and that just maybe an armor, people back then couldn't explained, and are legends, mutated creatures? yes, not humanoid zomies.
    Zombies, are just an experiment went bad, people loose their intelligence, because of a virus effect, but that just a speculation, never happened, just "Resident Evil" movie and other similar movies.
    Revenants, are just a ghosts can't interact with anything.

""War has destroyed life as we know it" not virus.
    ""The world draws its inspiration from history, mythology (Legends), and prophecies of the Apocalypse."" Learned from history.
    ""Xsyon is a fantasy world, but is heavily based on reality."" Real world simulations.
    ""are slightly twisted versions of what is real.""
    "Creatures of mutation and mythology now populate the land." - Xsyon

This is a very popular myth which dates B.C.:

"If thou openest not the gate to let me enter,
    I will break the door, I will wrench the lock,
    I will smash the door-posts, I will force the doors.
    I will bring up the dead to eat the living.
    And the dead will outnumber the living".
    - Ishtar (Babylonian and Assyrian goddess)

Zombie myth in Africa (among other areas of the world): Sorcerers can bring the dead back to life as zombies.

"The ways of swords and sorcery have replaced the path of science and progress." - Xsyon

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    [I]"Creatures of mutation and mythology now populate the land."
    What do you mean by Creatures?

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    "Creatures of mutation and mythology now populate the land." - Xsyon

This is a very popular myth which dates B.C.:

"If thou openest not the gate to let me enter,
    I will break the door, I will wrench the lock,
    I will smash the door-posts, I will force the doors.
    I will bring up the dead to eat the living.
    And the dead will outnumber the living".
    - Ishtar (Babylonian and Assyrian goddess)

Zombie myth in Africa (among other areas of the world): Sorcerers can bring the dead back to life as zombies.

"The ways of swords and sorcery have replaced the path of science and progress." - Xsyon
    If only we were talking about zombies... but as MrDDT pointed out, we're not talking about zombies, we're talking about revenants.

The point is that Creatures, and mythology is a very very loose term, you can fit just about any type of thing into it. Heck you could make the Borg from Star Trek and say its part of a Mythology.

I dont even know why its a debate of this. I think its mostly due to misunderstanding of the English language.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    The point is that Creatures, and mythology is a very very loose term, you can fit just about any type of thing into it. Heck you could make the Borg from Star Trek and say its part of a Mythology.

I dont even know why its a debate of this. I think its mostly due to misunderstanding of the English language.
    Which is why I reiterated your distinction between zombies and revenants for Mr. Catano's benefit. The English language seems to be a conundrum for all kinds of people!

I love the Borg idea, I think Seven-of-Nine and I would get along splendidly. One sure was a cool fellow. The queen... not so much, is no sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    If only we were talking about zombies... but as MrDDT pointed out, we're not talking about zombies, we're talking about revenants.
    >>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post

- Where are intelligent game play mechanics like Zombies coming out at night?
    I am sorry, but I can't find anywhere where it says zombies in Xsyons features, it states creatures and mutated creature, but nowhere near zombies or revenants.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see dinosaurs though.
    MrDDT?
    Are you sure you know what Mythology is?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mythology

There are nothing related between Mythology and Zombies or Revenants.
    You should research first before posting.
    Zombies, are just an experiment went bad, people loose their intelligence, because of a virus effect, but that just a speculation, never happened, just "Resident Evil" movie and other similar movies.
    "Zombie" myths are not something new.
    "Zombie" myths have been around since B.C.
    "Zombies" are not pigeonholed into a virus-only creation.
    "Zombies" seem to have originated through sorcery myths.
    "Zombies" are part of mythology.
    The OP asked about "zombies".
    Znaiika is incorrect.