Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    @NorCalGooey: I'm sorry, but you saying you are absolutely sure about something is not a proof Can you provide ANY evidence that the majority of the playerbase were FFA PvPers who didn't want safe zones ?

I don't get how you DON'T understand, sandbox by definition is high risk PvP.
    Very wrong. Atitd is a sandbox, and it has no PvP (actually no combat) at all. I'm sure all the sandboxes you played had high risk PvP, but that doesn't mean that the sandbox definition contains FFA PvP. Only means you have limited experience.

This is a quote from Jordi from an interview on massively:
    Recently there seems to be a bit of a trend toward independently produced open-world games with sandbox elements and a heavy focus on PVP. What sets your game apart from titles like Darkfall or Mortal Online? Do you see PvP conflict as the driving force behind Xsyon?

What sets Xsyon apart is a focus on building and creating a new world and not relying on PvP as the driving force.
    Its not me who is saying PvP is not the driving force in Xsyon. It is the developer.

@MrDDT: I didn't say the game is not full loot. I said it is limited. And it is limited and has always been planned to be limited by encumbrance and by looting timer.
    FAQ page:
    26.) Will I be able to loot?

Yes. There are loot restrictions based on your combat mode and a loot timer in place. Carrying capacity is also limited.

The most interesting part of all these post, and the most telling, is the fact that in this thread we have the 2 MOST extreme elements in the game bickering with each other.

Neither side is willing to concede even the smallest little bit, both sides not only think they are correct in their view, but have developed such a lofty view of themselves as to feel they are superior to the other side in every way.

Get a grip folks!

First off, PvP does not have to be hack N slash, it can be done in so many other ways. Political, economic, control of resources, control of territory by just simply blocking access, or even but cornering a market.

This game is clearly supposed to have PVP. It is clearly meant to have full loot pvp or Jordi would not be fixing so called bugs to make that happen. So, sorry Jadzia, full loot pvp is a planned and a supported part of the game.

Second, a sandbox game is not defined by pvp in any way. It is a game with Non-linear game play. So please stop claiming that it has anything to do with PvE or PvP or any such nonsense. You guys have become little children on a playground arguing over whether the left or right swing is the "best".

Third, bickering over whether or not some aspect of the game has changed makes all side look foolish, since from the outset this game is DESIGNED to constantly change. It is a primary part of the game's vision and all Jordi is doing is following through with the plan.

The only people that really care about these argument, is the now 5 or 6 involved in the bickering. all but 2 of which don't even play anymore.

So...

Anyone reading this forum understands that, a few children are bickering... liek you see on most any forum, and that what they say does NOT represent the developer's view nor that of the actual paying and playing playerbase.

Move along now... NOTHING to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    @MrDDT: I didn't say the game is not full loot. I said it is limited. And it is limited and has always been planned to be limited by encumbrance and by looting timer.
    FAQ page:
    26.) Will I be able to loot?

Yes. There are loot restrictions based on your combat mode and a loot timer in place. Carrying capacity is also limited.
    You are right, you did say "limited" and if that's the case ALL games are limited looting games, and full looting games according to your statement.
    Limited looting by definition is NOT fully looting. I dont know how else to explain that.
    I dont know why you are quoting me something from the FAQ when I quoted you Xsyon's own comment posted on the topic you are talking about. It says clear as day FULL LOOT.
    We already know the game has changed, which is my whole point on the matter. Xsyon has been changed to carebear mode of what it once was. Hey, you should be happy. You got what you wanted. How is the game for you and your carebears with all your carebear changes? Doing great huh? I'm sure all these carebears are around still. Because of all the changes you guys got, the game should be great. I mean you guys must be just happy as a fat kid in a candy store because you got what you want. Carebear land. Oh wait. You dont like it? You guys are bored? Too much candy for the fat kids? Awww. I hate to say it, but. I TOLD YOU SO.

Its was FULL LOOT GAME, now its not. CHANGE.

Added after 7 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    The most interesting part of all these post, and the most telling, is the fact that in this thread we have the 2 MOST extreme elements in the game bickering with each other.

Neither side is willing to concede even the smallest little bit, both sides not only think they are correct in their view, but have developed such a lofty view of themselves as to feel they are superior to the other side in every way.

Get a grip folks!

First off, PvP does not have to be hack N slash, it can be done in so many other ways. Political, economic, control of resources, control of territory by just simply blocking access, or even but cornering a market.

This game is clearly supposed to have PVP. It is clearly meant to have full loot pvp or Jordi would not be fixing so called bugs to make that happen. So, sorry Jadzia, full loot pvp is a planned and a supported part of the game.

Second, a sandbox game is not defined by pvp in any way. It is a game with Non-linear game play. So please stop claiming that it has anything to do with PvE or PvP or any such nonsense. You guys have become little children on a playground arguing over whether the left or right swing is the "best".

Third, bickering over whether or not some aspect of the game has changed makes all side look foolish, since from the outset this game is DESIGNED to constantly change. It is a primary part of the game's vision and all Jordi is doing is following through with the plan.

The only people that really care about these argument, is the now 5 or 6 involved in the bickering. all but 2 of which don't even play anymore.

So...

Anyone reading this forum understands that, a few children are bickering... liek you see on most any forum, and that what they say does NOT represent the developer's view nor that of the actual paying and playing playerbase.

Move along now... NOTHING to see here.

No its not just the 5 here. Many of us are the forum warriors of a group. Meaning, people ask us everyday "Hey whats going on in Xsyon, I stopped checking the forums about 6 months ago because there was nothing really being done" or whatever.

I just got a PM from someone on the forums, saying
    I no longer play Xsyon but have not given up on the game. I check-up on the game by visiting the forums from time-to-time. I have been following the "Xsyon more like DF" thread with great interest. Just have to say, I agree with you 100% and enjoy reading your posts.

Keep up the fight! Someone has to.

About the PVP in sandbox games. I agreed already PVP doesnt have to be in a sandbox game, but if you want the truest sense of the world sandbox type of game, it would have 100% open pvp with only players controlling the outcome of the world events.
    Only reason it would have PVP, is because there wouldnt be restrictions on forcing people to do stuff, or not do stuff. Hence the sandbox.
    Now I already said, truest sandbox wouldnt be a game for me, and most think Im a PVPer type.

Im bickering because someone wont concede to the point the game has changed from what it started out. They keep wanting to say "This was the plan the whole time". Once we can get past the fact that it HAS changed you can then move onto why, and how it has effected the game. If you cant get people to agree on basic truths you cant have a debate.

It would be like trying to debate to you, that the moon is 10000000 km from the earth, but you wont admit that a mile is 1.609344 KM.
    Its almost like they dont want to admit the basics in fear of what will come next.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You are right, you did say "limited" and if that's the case ALL games are limited looting games, and full looting games according to your statement.
    Limited looting by definition is NOT fully looting. I dont know how else to explain that.
    I dont know why you are quoting me something from the FAQ when I quoted you Xsyon's own comment posted on the topic you are talking about. It says clear as day FULL LOOT.
    We already know the game has changed, which is my whole point on the matter. Xsyon has been changed to carebear mode of what it once was. Hey, you should be happy. You got what you wanted. How is the game for you and your carebears with all your carebear changes? Doing great huh? I'm sure all these carebears are around still. Because of all the changes you guys got, the game should be great. I mean you guys must be just happy as a fat kid in a candy store because you got what you want. Carebear land. Oh wait. You dont like it? You guys are bored? Too much candy for the fat kids? Awww. I hate to say it, but. I TOLD YOU SO.

Its was FULL LOOT GAME, now its not. CHANGE.
    You are wrong again. The game is full loot, but it is limited. 3 guys kill someone they can fully loot him in 30 secs. You kill him alone then you probably won't be able to loot him in such a short time. This was planned from the very beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    NPCs currently don't currently steal loot, though it's something I've thought about and possible in the future.

When you die there is a limited time for looting. What's not looted will be on you when you revive. Friends can help you by quickly looting important items if you don't want your enemies to get to them.
    This is a post from 28. February 2010. Nothing has changed.
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...w-questions/#7

You are wrong again. The game is full loot, but it is limited. 3 guys kill someone they can fully loot him in 30 secs. You kill him alone then you probably won't be able to loot him in such a short time. This was planned from the very beginning.

This is a post from 28. February 2010. Nothing has changed.
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...w-questions/#7
    Limited time for looting doesnt mean its "limited" looting. It means its full loot with limited time.

Right now its NOT full loot, and its also limited time in when you can loot. Do you understand English?

I only need 30 seconds to fully loot someone if I were able to loot someone, however game restricts me from looting all the items, not because of time, but because of RESTRICTIONS. Like "You cant loot that item" or "You dont have permission".

Please focus and stop trying to twist stuff to favor your carebear version. This game right now is NOT full loot. 10000 guys looting someone in this game can NOT full loot someone, whether they had 30seconds or a million.

I love limited time looting, great system. I think it needs to be tweaked, but great system. It has NO effect on looting. Because there is no time factor on how fast I can loot an item.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Limited time for looting doesnt mean its "limited" looting. It means its full loot with limited time.

Right now its NOT full loot, and its also limited time in when you can loot. Do you understand English?

I only need 30 seconds to fully loot someone if I were able to loot someone, however game restricts me from looting all the items, not because of time, but because of RESTRICTIONS. Like "You cant loot that item" or "You dont have permission".

Please focus and stop trying to twist stuff to favor your carebear version. This game right now is NOT full loot. 10000 guys looting someone in this game can NOT full loot someone, whether they had 30seconds or a million.

I love limited time looting, great system. I think it needs to be tweaked, but great system. It has NO effect on looting. Because there is no time factor on how fast I can loot an item.
    All right. I meant the game is planned to have full loot which is limited by looting timer and encumbrance. I remember PKers complaining about the looting timer and reporting it as a bug, lol.

Right now you can't loot fully but that is a bug, not something that they changed because anyone asked for it. In the update thread Xsyon said they are working on it and it will be fixed soon.

All right. I meant the game is planned to have full loot which is limited by looting timer and encumbrance. I remember PKers complaining about the looting timer and reporting it as a bug, lol.

Right now you can't loot fully but that is a bug, not something that they changed because anyone asked for it. In the update thread Xsyon said they are working on it and it will be fixed soon.
    Many more problems than this one bug you are talking about that prevents full loot.

Wink

Im really getting sick of the constant arguing between MrDDT and Jadzia. I reckon you guys should get a room and make love not war

I could not agree more Mrwooj

Perfectly stated MrWooj

It's so bad, I'm embarrassed for them.