Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Seems issues with the core game arised upon having more 50 people on the servers as well as people downloading the client while everyone was playing...WHO KNEW !?!?!

Would this be a bad time to mention that when I preordered near a year ago it was supposed to be close to launch?
    lol.

People make me laugh, their stressing over whether this game will come out this weekend or next etc. While I'm thinking will it come out this year or next?

Gotta remember this is not a billion dollar blizzard company that can throw 100 new coders into a task and speed things up. It's a good game concept and will be a good game one day, but it's gonna take awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    whats baffling to me, is how when i bought the game it was for early access to launch. Turns out that it was for early access to Alpha.

Weve been down...what 12hrs now. The game has been 100% unplayable since i bought it. No word on when i will be able to play it. I dont care about getting extra free time in which i cannot play the game. I didnt buy the game to sit on the forum and discuss it, i paid to play it..in working condition.

You do understand some people bought early access to launch for a game that has been out since august right...and could understand that there was no mention that this game was in such a state.....would it have killed them to give some sort of heads up that it may not be ready for launch...hence the extra time?

Look beta early access was last weekend. Were now in Alpha since the basic structure of the game isnt ready. Beta is moving past that phase, fixing terrain issues such as getting stuck, tweaking things thing in the world ect.
    Lol I bought the game on April 1st, 2010, when the planned launch date was 15th of April. I'm still here and not complaining....guess I have a bit more patience than you

Actually I got so used to the wipes and that 'nothing counts its only beta anyways' that it will be strange to play a permanent character

Welcome to the new world... me me me... now now now. *sigh*

Best to just be patient and put your faith in Jooky and team to do what needs to be done. I am sure he has a bit more of a vested interest in this doing well than we do.

You're right. They probably did it on purpose to piss you off, make themselves look incompetent, give away free game time, spend their weekend working, and provide a steady stream of communication on issues.

Hey man, if they wanted a $40 loan they could have just said it was that....not early accesss to final launch.

This isnt my first time around the block, ive been through both betas and alphas. The problem is, if i had wanted to join a pre alpha phase of a game i would have, instead i chose to buy a game that stated they were in early access launch.

See how that could have been confusing?

Has nothing to do with paitience, i have paitience for a game thats in alpha stage, or a game that needs beta testers, that isnt what this game was advertised as when i was paid for it.

Im sure there are a lot of people in this situation, where their paitience is wearing thin, perhaps i will speak up for them. However if they dont get this game to launch ready in a week i have a feeling a lot of people who are being paitient with them will stop doing so.

Just a heads up i guess. Still not asking for a refund, however its not looking good when they cant even launch "beta"...something i understand they have been trying to do for close to a year now. Wonder how long it will take them to get the full game out? Not looking like the 6-9month timeframe is a realistic one is it?

Wouldnt it have been easier to just run a script simulating 500 people downloading the game and 1000 people playing on the servers without requiring people to pay $40 to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    I don't think pointing out that promises were not kept is crying, just fair criticism.

The fact is that we are supposed to be in the middle of the prelaunch right now. The only reason it's *now* a "beta" is because of the number and types of issues they are experiencing. Telling people they don't have a right to make their voice heard, not matter how annoying you may find it, is wrong.

They really have not given you extra playtime, they have only pushed back the "launch". It would help to get some clarification on this beyond the official statement below.

Gamers as consumers have to hold developers and publishers accountable. While you may not like squeaky wheels, you can't deny that they have their uses. (Like making up for more complacent members of the gaming community.)

Its a fair assessment. Had the screen said " $40 for 2 months of game time and early access to ALPHA testing phse" it would be a whole nother story wouldnt it?

Expect a tidal wave of refunds if the "beta" cant get to launch state within a week.

Like i said, its starting to feel like a $40 loan not a game purchase. A loan with no interest.

I just look at it this way (for the situation as it applies to me):

I like the idea, concept, and playable test bed of the idea/vision/concept that xsyon was, and the effort and will it took to break away from the MMO mold.added to that it an indy dev willing to try it, so no "oh well that failed, only a few million down the hole..we got millions left to try again" like the big boys have.

so my $40 was to show my support of taking on such a task, failure or not.
    the ability to actually play the game is just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    I don't think pointing out that promises were not kept is crying, just fair criticism.

The fact is that we are supposed to be in the middle of the prelaunch right now. The only reason it's *now* a "beta" is because of the number and types of issues they are experiencing. Telling people they don't have a right to make their voice heard, not matter how annoying you may find it, is wrong.
    You are right about this. Players have the right to make their voice heard. But really, does it help ? The developers work all day and night, they hardly sleep. What else are you expecting of them ? To release the game when its broken, when the server doesn't save properly and when there are rollbacks in every hour ?

You have all the right to complain, but it won't change anything. If you are upset you can ask for a refund. Or you can just wait patiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    You are right about this. Players have the right to make their voice heard. But really, does it help ? The developers work all day and night, they hardly sleep. What else are you expecting of them ? To release the game when its broken, when the server doesn't save properly and when there are rollbacks in every hour ?

You have all the right to complain, but it won't change anything. If you are upset you can ask for a refund. Or you can just wait patiently.
    You do understand the diffrence between giving a $40 loan and giing $40 in exchange for a game....right?

At some point developers are going to start being honest about the state of the game they are tyring to launch, thats whats pissing me off. Its all to common these days for developers of both large and small companies passing off a barely working alpha state game as launch ready. That is what happend here.

I knew this game has been in the works for quite some time, i knew it tried to launch in august. So when i saw it was launch ready in february, and i see willbonneys and saintbobs posts on other sites showcasing how ready the game is, and i see on the screen that im paying for 2 free months (what a deal!) for early acces prelaunch of the prelude (why call it prelude when you really mean beta) you can see how some people might feel like theres a bit of dishonesty floating around here.

Havent asked for a refund and i support the type of game they are trying to bring to the market, i just think it would have been better to JUST ASK FOR A $40 LOAN TO KEEP THE PROJECT ROLLING. Dont get my hopes up that the game is good to go, barring some lag and minor in game issues. I can deal with that easy.