Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Failing in crafting will get you new formulas and will increase your skill so it's not all a waste if you fail 20 times on bone armor. I got once 3 new items knowledge by failing 15 times a row.
    Fail...

You gain on attempts kid...once you hit yer 13/13 you dont gain any more...awsome you fail 9 ot of 10 times get all of ...say Castle Rock...you even work your arse off to get all the racoon fiber you can to get the pieces NOT requireing 6 belt buckels...after shit load of fails you get that 80% of castle rock and meet me with a full set of Spooner plus a few friends cuz I didnt fail and can pass it around...
    Our Spooner equals yer Castle...plus my wins and fails ALSO gained me those craft items...PLUS I had time to go scav new Patterns....

March....I know how crafting is done...

edit:
    that was mean...sry

Im just getting that any true LC will have to reroll tons of times because we get stuck with lvl 50-70...seems cool when ya get it till you fail...over...and over...and over on rare shit its worse.....thats why I reroll till I get a 20-25...one thread/strap req....can plow through the points with that...and make a REAL lvl 70 set when im...lvl 70 lol.

ps...still hoping you get the skin of your Guide of choice at 99....we're gunna see one nekid Mihr in 10 days lol

if this is what ppl have to whine about id say the game is in pretty good shape.

lol play the game a bit and youll understand..

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Failing in crafting will get you new formulas and will increase your skill so it's not all a waste if you fail 20 times on bone armor. I got once 3 new items knowledge by failing 15 times a row.
    This is 100% correct... you gain skill, success or fail!!

One of the things I love (and sometimes hate) about Xsyon is the fact that there's so little info available about game systems.

To me, half the fun of playing is the discovering of how things work.

In most other MMO's I've played, every little detail of the game is plastered all over the internet in guides and spreadsheets and wiki's by the time it launches.

Yes, people like Risk who obviously played a lot in beta (and who says he will be at 99 crafting in 10 days) will be waaay ahead of me, but that won't spoil MY fun. However, if he posts a detailed guide on the 'net revealing the inner workings of Tailoring or some other craft, I'll not be able to resist and will read it. After that it becomes "crafting by spreadsheet" I'll lose out on a very enjoyable and sometimes frustrating time, but I'm only human after all.

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    This is 100% correct... you gain skill, success or fail!!
    Thats what I said, thanks for reading it properly (unlike some others). I don't get the mean skeleton man and what was he trying to say. Maybe he was just to arrogant to read properly.

Sorry that was mean... khm khm... kid.

As someone aleady said if this is all we can complain about I'm happy to pay 6 more months.

I would rather start knowing how to make Crag Deathbone or w/e it's called and grind my way up to making it well, than to grind my way to 99 and still not know how to make it...

So where are the armor lvl's listed?

I actually see this (failed attemps) as a way to remove some resources from the game.....making resources even more valuable ? A person wont know by looking at another person, when the armor was made by a master, or neophyte......so deciding whether to engage in combat is a risk.