Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Two servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    Server downtime will make you soft!!!
    Lol so true, i haven't been a mean MONSTER!(edit because i am afraid for ban) for a few hours this is not feeling right!

Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    Server downtime will make you soft!!!
    Clearly - darnit, I did it again! :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    If he sets up 2 servers now, one for war and one for more safety, I'm sure it will stay like that after Prelude...the safer server will get optional tribal war (probably with flagged for war system) while the other one will be free for all. He already said he would set up 2 servers like this after Prelude.

This way the players who like FFA war will stay on their server, while the more peaceful ones will get the option to choose.
    Yeah but still this will split the community...
    .. its just annoying and it sucks and it makes me cry very hard!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cejay View Post
    So, how does that solve any issues?
    You keep using "PvErs" in your posts. I already clarified for you that everyone knows this game has PvP, and no one is suggesting a "PvE" server... yet you persist in using the term "PvpErs".

TBH, if he thinks there is need for 2 servers, i would like both of them opened on same day, rather than week or two apart. Since we have chronic lack of info, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopibear View Post
    Yeah but still this will split the community...
    .. its just annoying and it sucks and it makes me cry very hard!!!!
    Sorry I just couldn't resist...but if your crying Bear thats's "Hopi Tears" Yummmm...

No, more seriously, Jad, stop. If you have a "pve game with restrictive rules" it's not sandbox. It would break the game. Most subscribers like the game because it's sandbox - if you want just pve seriously, I'd suggest Wurm as its similar but free on the pve island.

Please don't try to sway these guys into releasing a non-sandbox sandbox, or the reviewers will slaughter them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eremon View Post
    You keep using "PvErs" in your posts. I already clarified for you that everyone knows this game has PvP, and no one is suggesting a "PvE" server... yet you persist in using the term "PvpErs".
    This game fits you perfectly http://www.minecraft.net/
    There is some pvp there as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Eremon View Post
    Sorry PvE to me are players that wish to have "consentual" pvp. That is my definition of a PvEer. Any PvPer would, I think, say the same. PvPers are not into "duels", "arranged pvp instances or times" etc.

EDIT: Any more than we are into griefing, ganking, abusing game mechanics etc. PvPers fight to beat their human opponent - fairly....and keep an eye out for other PvPers jumping them!

You know that means that:

a) Your splitting a 25k subscriber population - already pretty thin.

b) All the real PvPers will go Prelude (yes, uncluding the us, because we ARE pvp not "griefers") - all that will happen is that after Prelude the PvErs will be upset again

c) Chaos will shut as there will be only griefers on it and they will get bored in 2 weeks.

So, how does that solve any issues?
    One thing that you seam not to understand is that no one wants pure PvE server and only ones that are crying are PvP'ers(or greifers or however you want to call them) that want to get rid of safezones now. That's why Jooky was/is considering second server without safezones.

If you want to know why safezones are in game read old posts. And please stop your "Don't cry when prelude is over" agenda we all know what will happen then.

Sorry I just couldn't resist...but if your crying Bear thats's "Hopi Tears" Yummmm...

No, more seriously, Jad, stop. If you have a "pve game with restrictive rules" it's not sandbox. It would break the game. MOst subscribers like the game because it's sandbox - if you want just pve seriously, I'd suggest Wurm as its similar but free on the pve island.

Please don't try to sway these guys into releasing a non-sandbox sandbox, or the reviewers will slaughter them.
    PvP has nothing to do with sandbox. ATitD is a sandbox and it has no combat at all.
    Having said that, I say it again...no one talks about a PvE server. No one wants that. We are talking about servers with different PvP rules.