Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Premature game launch ---> Bitch phase --> Defend the dev phase --> more bitching ---> more dev stroking --> people get bored, stop logging --> game faceplants or recoups

Seen it all before. There's no stopping it. Enjoy the ride.

Xsyon Citizen
    I sense someone's about to get booted from Hopi, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    I sense someone's about to get booted from Hopi, lol
    Things might turn out great, and I hope they do. I'm here for better or worse regardless. Forty bucks isn't gonna break me.

Whats even worse are the 'armchair' programmers that complain about people complaining and state the obvious like "I programed b4 and unreal skript iz rlly hrd. Jookys havving hrd time im suer" and then put that in EVERY topic that complains, putting them on about the same level of the people that constantly post topics complaining. Obviously hes having a hard time, if he wasn't the damn game would be done and ready durp.

Code:
    While these_people == 'alive'
     stab
     stab
     stab

While I am sure your technical expertise is considerable, you have a serious problem with tunnel vision if you think the devs' technical concerns are the only relevant consideration at play here.

There's a reason engineers are infrequently entrusted with exclusive control over the business model of a company that's expected to bring in profits.
    I didn't say your concerns were irrelevant. I'm not any less irritated about the situation than anyone else, but I know bitching isn't going to fix it.

The shit's broken. Let them fix it so we can play.

Added after 6 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I am going to venture outside today, get my mind off the game. Yep, my mind has been on this game steady since i first logged in sometime last month. Thats the way i seem to do things, all or nothing. Gonna sit at the lake where the snow has melted back and have a few beers.
    Right, i'll sit down there and think of the game, or at least stew on the pressure inside me to get on-line and accomplish something in my game world. This is what it comes down to for me, a nearly physical need to be progressing in-game, because real life just isnt as interesting. Books, t.v., scrabble , these things dont hold my attention for long. Gotta keep my mind occupied with the pseudo world some decent games provide. yep, sad but true. It also provides a fix other than drinking (which i can always get into.). So right on, to the lake i go, havent had a beer for a couple months, should be an alright day. Have a good one!
    Damn brother, life is incredible. If anything I use these games like I would previously have used TV; as a good reason to sit on my ass in between everything else I need to do or enjoy doing. Down time.

My only regret in this life is that I will die eventually, and I won't have even a fraction of the time I would need to spend time on all the things I am interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    Premature game launch ---> Bitch phase --> Defend the dev phase --> more bitching ---> more dev stroking --> people get bored, stop logging --> game faceplants or recoups

Seen it all before. There's no stopping it. Enjoy the ride.
    Agreed.

Yeah, they messed up. It's done, so people need to decide if they can accept that and live on, or just leave. Anything else is counterproductive at this stage.

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlz View Post
    Whats even worse are the 'armchair' programmers that complain about people complaining and state the obvious like "I programed b4 and unreal skript iz rlly hrd. Jookys havving hrd time im suer" and then put that in EVERY topic that complains, putting them on about the same level of the people that constantly post topics complaining. Obviously hes having a hard time, if he wasn't the damn game would be done and ready durp.

Code:
    While these_people == 'alive'
     stab
     stab
     stab
    Yeah, I'll overlook my ongoing career in tech and programming if it will help your fantasy along. If you are going to make a post that attempts to make yourself sound superior in some way, at least put some effort into it.

--

If you ask my what my complaint is, it's that the devs haven't come out and said "We deeply apologize; we screwed the pooch on this and here is what we are doing to fix it". As others have mentioned here, during launch/development problems is the last time you want cut back on communicating with your community. People are a lot more understanding of situations like this when you own up to your mistakes, and keep them informed on the corrections you are making.

Xsyon Citizen
    Pontificate much?

Pontificate much?
    Rage over a video game much?

Xsyon Citizen
    Distort and exaggerate facts to suit your preferred conclusion much? My comments regarding the game have been quite rational and level-headed.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    If you are going to make a post that attempts to make yourself sound superior in some way, at least put some effort into it.
    Pot, meet kettel.

On a side note ...

It is interesting to me that the standard development methodologies and processes are being questioned more and more, to make room for "indy" development. I think we are seeing the start of a shift from the traditional to less measurable methods of software development (at least in the gaming industry).

Essentially, it is opening up opportunities for companies to be paid to "crowd source" the debugging and testing processes of development.