Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellaciouss View Post
    What's stopping an Alt from joining a non-warring tribe and attacking his own "warring tribe" so the non-warring tribe is now at war with the warring one? People WILL do this. If it CAN be done, it WILL be done. You shouldn't underestimate the willingness of griefers to do something like this. YOUR scenario is pretty easy to circumvent.
    I may be wrong here but as I understand it, if a good player in a good tribe attacks another good/neutral player then they will get kicked from the tribe. Not sure if persistant offending can eventually change a good tribe to neutral or further but I doubt that it would be a mechanic that would be very successful.

It is very stupid to give any structure invulnerability to being destroyed. It will not work. All you're trying to do is try and give some false sense of security of being safe and then when it turns out it can be gotten around they leave disappointed.
    Hold a second....if a structure is invulnerable to being destroyed.....how can it be gotten around????

Better off to just tell people "If you want to live peacefully....go find a piece of land away from warring tribes and live peacefully".
    Or flag as non warring and live peacefully.....

People who don't want to fight can always hire protection instead of just making them completely invulnerable. It. Won't. Work. It will bring more harm then good.
    To be honest you are confusing me almost as much as you are confusing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by rznkain View Post
    Nothing personal but most of your posts is telling what YOU want to happen and how YOU think things should be done.Your welcome to your opion but as someone else said point of a sandbox is to allow for all sorts of game play styles.Say there is a tribe of builders/rpers who wanna play the game with no conflict or avoiding it as much as possible you feel its totally okay for a war tribe to come in and destroy there land day after day after day down to the totem if they wanted.How long do you think the other tribe would keep playin? There will be pvp and plenty of war tribes no one is trying to say there shouldn''t be but I sure don't agree with allowing a bunch of griefers torment the hell out of players who do not wanna play that way.
    I'm, just gonna go ahead and quote this so you can read it.

Tribes

The most important aspect of the Xsyon world is it’s tribal mechanics. Players rely on their home town or tribe for survival and success.
    Straight from the features page. Your tribe is your protection...If you can't defend against a neighboring hostile tribe that you angered by stealing their resources, it's time for you to move on and maybe NOT anger your next neighbor.

How can the game be about tribal survival if tribes are INVULNERABLE?

If they plan on making tribes who are able to just be invulnerable then they should just change it to this:

Tribes

The most important aspect of the Xsyon world is it’s tribal mechanics. Players rely on their home town or tribe for survival and success, but only sometimes, cause we are going to let some tribes steal any and all resources they want with absolutely no fear of losing what they built because they will be considered "non warring tribes". Sure you'll be able to kill/gank them outside their invulnerable heaven, but then when you do you become evil aligned even though they are stealing YOUR resources! Ain't that cool!

I'm, just gonna go ahead and quote this so you can read it.

Straight from the features page. Your tribe is your protection...If you can't defend against a neighboring hostile tribe that you angered by stealing their resources, it's time for you to move on and maybe NOT anger your next neighbor.

How can the game be about tribal survival if tribes are INVULNERABLE?

If they plan on making tribes who are able to just be invulnerable then they should just change it to this:
    All great but I think for obvious reasons you actually misquoted the quote you gave to back up your argument....

The quote was: -
    Tribes

The most important aspect of the Xsyon world is it’s tribal mechanics. Players rely on their home town or tribe for survival and success.
    You said: -

Straight from the features page. Your tribe is your protection
    What about the bit where

Players rely on their home town
    Conveniently avoided to enforce your side of the argument and leaving out the bit that destroys it...

Some people aren't seeing the picture clear here. I'm going to try and adjust the focus so it's much easier to see where I am coming from.

Say you want to be a GOOD Aligned WARRING Tribe that fights the EVIL Aligned WARRING TRIBES. You set up your tribe near good resources, you protect your resources because you need those resources to keep your tribe strong and to keep fighting those Evil Warring tribes.

Along comes a GOOD NON-WARRING Tribe and plops right down on your border, starts gathering and starts hitting up your much needed resources. Along comes another and plops down on another side of your territory and they also start chomping up resources. Soon the GOOD aligned WARRING tribe starts taking some pretty big resource hits with these non-warring tribes situated around them plundering resources that were once yours.

Now, you're GOOD ALIGNED....what happens when you start ganking these GOOD ALIGNED non-warring tribes? You start losing your good alignment because you're ganking other people who are stealing your resources that are aligned as GOOD because that's all you can do. You can't attack their tribe territory because they are invulnerable to all attacks.

So, not only are you competing against the EVIL WARRING TRIBES! But you also have to compete for resources around your territory with non-warring tribes that you can't do anything about.

Another example. 1 Warring Tribe and 1 Non-warring tribe. The non-warring tribe is basically a slave of the warring one that feeds it resources. It's also a tribe that members can jump back and forth to. The non-warring tribe is able to completely plunder all enemy resources with no fear of attack. Say the "enemy" beats back the warring tribe and destroys it. Guess what? The alt non-warring tribe is still there, they will wait for the "enemy" tribe to move their siege out their start up their warring tribe again and begin hitting up the "enemy warring" tribe.

Unless all things can be destroyed, this is the kind of cheesy lameness that will plague this game. You can not have invulnerable tribes being able to compete with warring ones in a game where resources mean everything.

If this is that way it's going to be, then a second server MUST be put up for those who just want to play the Sims (even though there are 50,000 sim games out there). Splitting up a Sandbox game however is the absolute worth thing you could do, ESPECIALLY in a game with the population this one has.

I understand some people don't want to fight. I understand some just want to build up some empire, but there are ways around fighting that can be achieved in game though many ways. You could deploy diplomacy to keep your tribe from being destroyed. You could higher a tribe that does fight to protect you. You could live on the borders of fighting tribe that IS willing to let you share resources BECAUSE THERE WILL BE SOME OUT THERE THAT WILL LET YOU!! But making tribes invulnerable is one of the worst things you could do.

There is nothing good that can come out allowing tribes to be invulnerable where there are many ways tribes can deal with fighting...without actually having to fight at all.

Feel free to argue against my opinion, but I just don't see invulnerable tribes bringing anything good to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    All great but I think for obvious reasons you actually misquoted the quote you gave to back up your argument....

The quote was: -

You said: -

What about the bit where

Conveniently avoided to enforce your side of the argument and leaving out the bit that destroys it...
    Home town is your tribe...It's infact bigger then a tribe as you currently need more players for a TOWN then you need to start a TRIBE. ugh >< It wasn't left out either...it's right there...quoted....go back and read it.

Now, you're GOOD ALIGNED....what happens when you start ganking these GOOD ALIGNED non-warring tribes?
    I may be a little presuptious here and this is only my opinion but...

-A good aligned tribe is unlikely to be the ganking sort. I think you are projecting here.
    -But lets say there is conflict between 2 good aligned tribes. If they are unable to come to an agreement through diplomacy and it really causes a problem, then one of the tribes may want to take a more agressive stance and decide enough is enough and attack. They would no longer be good aligned and would become neutral and eventually, with persistent attacks Evil. That is a logical, natural and realistic scenario. Good aligned tribes will need to use diplomacy to reach non aggressive deals become agressive and lose moral ground.

Not a problem as I see it and will add a lot to the game.

Home town is your tribe...It's infact bigger then a tribe as you currently need more players for a TOWN then you need to start a TRIBE. ugh ><It wasn't left out either...it's right there...quoted....go back and read it.
    Currently a tribe is as big as it gets. Town simply refers to where their totem is placed where structures are built onto tribe land. And as as mentioned, if they are non warring then it is invulnerable to attack at the expence of being unable to expand through conflict.

So an agry warring tribe could attack you in open ground to protect their resources but could not take your totem, which is where your structures are and where your tribe lives.

Still not a valid argument.

Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    -But lets say there is conflict between 2 good aligned tribes. If they are unable to come to an agreement through diplomacy and it really causes a problem, then one of the tribes may want to take a more agressive stance and decide enough is enough and attack. They would no longer be good aligned and would become neutral and eventually, with persistent attacks Evil. That is a logical, natural and realistic scenario. Good aligned tribes will need to use diplomacy to reach non aggressive deals become agressive and lose moral ground.
    This is where you're failing to see the point. If one of the tribes is a warring tribe and the other isn't, the warring tribe can do absolutely nothing about the non-warring tribe. So what if the warring tribe can kill you outside of the grounds, you spawn a few yards away, you can also kill them, which lessens their numbers when they are having to fight you to defend their resources that you are taking as well as defend against a warring tribe that can kill them. The system you want to put in place is massively exploitable, and WILL BE MASSIVELY EXPLOITED! People WILL exploit these holes to their absolute full potential, there is no if's, or and's, or but's, they will exploit these holes to the best of their ability and it will kill any incentive warrings tribes have to stay in the game.

There is way of dealing with an aggressive force if you're not the fighting type. You can hire protection. You can use dimplomacy. You can move to a hostile free area. There are however absolutely no ways to fully deal with an invunlerable tribe sitting on your territorys doorstep. If they are set on making tribes be able to go invulnerable, give them their own server so they can play Sims without causing a massively exploitable system.

This is where you're failing to see the point. If one of the tribes is a warring tribe and the other isn't, the warring tribe can do absolutely nothing about the non-warring tribe. So what if the warring tribe can kill you outside of the grounds, you spawn a few yards away, you can also kill them, which lessens their numbers when they are having to fight you to defend their resources that you are taking as well as defend against a warring tribe that can kill them. The system you want to put in place is massively exploitable, and WILL BE MASSIVELY EXPLOITED! People WILL exploit these holes to their absolute full potential, there is no if's, or and's, or but's, they will exploit these holes to the best of their ability and it will kill any incentive warrings tribes have to stay in the game.

There is way of dealing with an aggressive force if you're not the fighting type. You can hire protection. You can use dimplomacy. You can move to a hostile free area. There are however absolutely no ways to fully deal with an invunlerable tribe sitting on your territorys doorstep. If they are set on making tribes be able to go invulnerable, give them their own server so they can play Sims without causing a massively exploitable system.
    Lets agree to disagree and see if the developers go your way or stick to their own idea of their own game.

@OP: So end-game for you would be killing everyone and taking their land? In case of real apocalypse remind me not to settle close to you.

My end game would be cleaning up the world, building a city, advancing technology... conquering space. I dare to say that my game will be much longer then yours.

Can someone tell me why people think they can talk to others in such a shitty way on games forums?

I think it is just too many testosterone pumped teenage boys here....

carebears.... carebears everywhere