Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    The only option he is considering is to turn your safety off during Prelude. After Prelude, they all turn off.
    We all interpret what Virtus and Jooky have said in ways that support our own agendas

That's because there has been no clear single post from Jooky explaining his CURRENT vision of the entire planned safe zone ruleset.

Virtus made a post that stated "safe zones are here to stay for the duration of the game, but you can turn your's off if you want more challenging gameplay". Jooky then elaborated on that by saying that safe zones will not be "toggleable", i.e. you cannot turn them on and off at will. He did not say Virtus was wrong, he merely clarified what Virtus had posted.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    This is the douchiest playstyle I've heard of yet in this game.
    not anymore than pker's beating up on defensless crafters what can be more douche than that?

douche in urban terms is used to describe that someone is brainless well if someone defenseless just sat there and let you beat on them than yeah they would be a douche if they didn't run and try everything possible to ultimately not to give the pker his satisfaction and ego petting he is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    This is the douchiest playstyle I've heard of yet in this game.
    I'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Because, if it isn't stated as being secondary, you can't assume it is.

We could go the other direction here:

Jordi Grau Davis: The original concept and design for Xsyon was influenced by Ultima Online, D&D and a bit by the first MMO I played a long time ago, Dark Sun Online.

Two heavily focused PvP games. I think DSO only has a few safe zones.
    someone was kind enough to point me to another interview where jordi stated that crafting/building was the focus and that he is not relying on PVP as the driving force and is looking to make xsyon a somewhat educational experience

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01...syon-question/

I quote

Recently there seems to be a bit of a trend toward independently produced open-world games with sandbox elements and a heavy focus on PVP. What sets your game apart from titles like Darkfall or Mortal Online? Do you see PvP conflict as the driving force behind Xsyon?

What sets Xsyon apart is a focus on building and creating a new world and not relying on PvP as the driving force. The Xsyon setting is also based on reality and not a fantasy universe. This gives us the opportunity to introduce real locations and later historical lore to make Xsyon a somewhat educational experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbhood View Post
    What a stupid idea. Are all you PvP heroes afraid of fighting each other? You wanna roll into a camp an attack an easy victim? Go out into the world and fight fighters ya cowards.

I don't want, nor will I have to, be bothered by idiots while I do what ever I want within the confines of my safe zone, which will always be turned on.

Having said that, I love PvP. So I ponied up for two accounts. One for the crafting, which is relaxing and rewarding and one for PvP which is exciting and rewarding.

My crafter will wave at ya from my safe little totem, , then I will walk up behind you with my other account, kill you and trade your gear after I hand it over to my crafter.
    You "love PVP", but dont like it when your crafter is killed.
    Thats gotta be the biggest carebear statement of the fourms.

WoW is that way ---------------->

Quote Originally Posted by PeonSanders911 View Post
    You "love PVP", but dont like it when your crafter is killed.
    Thats gotta be the biggest carebear statement of the fourms.

WoW is that way ---------------->
    <----------------------- and darkfall is that way

what i don't understand is what so fun about killing someone who cannot fight back? a crafter will have non weapons equipped when you attack and would not have enough time to switch to a weapong before he is killed, so he has two options just stand there, or run away. One can love PVP and still want to be a crafter, when he is in the mood to pvp he would equip himself for that role when in crafting mode he is not. pretty simple really.

That's because 100% PvP games with no other substance are failures.

It doesn't mean there won't be PvP or that it will be very watered down.
    It means they aren't doing the darkfall thing of; "Hey, come play our game because...uhhhh. You can kill people and... err murder people and gank people... oh yeah and kill people."

The whole debate on safe zones and responses from NG staff made me think nothing is set in stone.
    IE: If the ways to build fortifications work as intended and aren't simply weak obstacles like castles in DF were then I see them turning off safe zones. If players cannot protect their land through some fault in the game then safe zones will probably stay on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mims44 View Post
    That's because 100% PvP games with no other substance are failures.

It doesn't mean there won't be PvP or that it will be very watered down.
    It means they aren't doing the darkfall thing of; "Hey, come play our game because...uhhhh. You can kill people and... err murder people and gank people... oh yeah and kill people."

The whole debate on safe zones and responses from NG staff made me think nothing is set in stone.
    IE: If the ways to build fortifications work as intended and aren't simply weak obstacles like castles in DF were then I see them turning off safe zones. If players cannot protect their land through some fault in the game then safe zones will probably stay on.
    the way i understand it and have not seeen it stated otherwise, the safe zones are only around for prelude to build the world and give the devs time to implement the combat mechanics, tribal warfare, seiges etc. right now xyson has not combat all it is point your character at another and press 1 or 2. once prelude is over and the pvp mechanics are in game the safe zones will be gone according to everything i've read. of course things change and may have or will in the future. This whole debate is really pointless because of that, the pvp crowd wants it their way NOW, and the pve crowd wants in their way NOW also what both sides don't understand it doesn't matter what they want, it only matters what Jordi wants his game to be as i've said we pay to play his game not anyone elses.

The "ffa everywhere all the time" crowd is asking for an exclusive game. It excludes people who don't want to play that style because it leaves no choice. Everyone everywhere has to play that style. It's selfish.

The "safe zones available" crowd is asking for an inclusive game. It includes all playstyles, because the ffa crowd can still always fight each other, as well as those who want to fight sometimes, and those who only want to craft and build can play their style too. It's far more in line with a sandbox philosophy because everyone can do thier own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Escargot View Post
    The "ffa everywhere all the time" crowd is asking for an exclusive game. It excludes people who don't want to play that style because it leaves no choice. Everyone everywhere has to play that style. It's selfish.

The "safe zones available" crowd is asking for an inclusive game. It includes all playstyles, because the ffa crowd can still always fight each other, as well as those who want to fight sometimes, and those who only want to craft and build can play their style too. It's far more in line with a sandbox philosophy because everyone can do thier own thing.
    be prepared to be trolled and told that your opinion is wrong because if differs from their defination of a sandbox, you have been warned! :P