Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Would anyone change their mind if loading entities didn't take very long?

I kind of like that it logs you out (though maybe it takes too long). Adds a certain element of finality to death and makes it highly undesirable to die. If they can accomplish this quality in other ways I'm all for it, but you have to admit logout really rams it home.

Also, 3-5 people should not be able to attack like an army twice their size, by re-spawning and endlessly re-joining the battle. Something has to counter that. So that when you die in battle, the battle is over for you and you have to form a second wave to attack again.

It should take you back to character creation and delete your guy.
    hehehehe I would agree with this if I didn't know how disheartening it was. Firsthand. This will drive people out of the game as sure as the sun rises and sets.

No. The only way I would change my mind is if instead of death, I was knocked unconscious. I believe that was supposed to be added before release, but got taken off the feature list along the way, we were supposed to be rendered unconscious in a fight rather than being killed, but then the option of a final deathblow would present itself. Either this, or a "dueling" mode needs to be implemented, for when having fun "play fights" or tournaments, so we dont always have to die and get sent back to our totem.

What happens when my guild throws a festival in which we invite people from all over the world to come and compete in our tournament? No one can possibly compete in our tournament right now without having to die and be sent back to their totem. Its just not a good game mechanic, and it needs to be fixed.

after you die and click ok you should be teleported back to your totem the same way guides do

No. The only way I would change my mind is if instead of death, I was knocked unconscious. I believe that was supposed to be added before release, but got taken off the feature list along the way, we were supposed to be rendered unconscious in a fight rather than being killed, but then the option of a final deathblow would present itself.
    Yeah I really like this idea. They need to put this back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    Perhaps this is a punishment for dying, but reloading the entire world after death, is a little overkill. Must we seriously sit through the 5min cycle that it takes to log into the game, when we are still in game, but just die? Why does it clear the terrain just to reload the terrain? Its over the top, and game breaking in my books.

What has happened to the "non" death mechanic of only knocking people unconcious, and taking a big alignment knock by actually killing someone? Death penalties shouldnt be reloading the game after a practice duel.

Im all for practicing and having play fights, but the fact I have to reload the game each time i lose seriously puts me off.
    *Pssst*

April 1 2011

Hello everyone!

We are currently working very hard on optimizing loading (in particular loading of terrain changes) to reduce the long loading times and eliminate the lag times while crossing zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    It should take you back to character creation and delete your guy.
    lol love it.