Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    You just joined the game 2 days ago. Get your feet off the coffee table and stop drinking the good beer.

This game doesn't need to be * fixed* by SBers whoever you are. Not to mention, not everyone thinks clubbing baby seals the first day of launch is a good time. let the game launch first for God sakes!! Then I'm sure the developers will have a little more time to tell you what their vision for the game is.
    Hey Tandarie

Thanks for your concern, but I'll voice my opinions when it pleases me, not you.

Quote Originally Posted by neestas View Post
    Only iffy part is defender picking the window of siege.
    reason being is just anti grief mechanic for the defender.

the defender shoudl have 24 hours to set a time, which should be between 36 and 72 hrs from the point of seige/war/whatever you want to call it. Then another 96 hr window if 'no_seige' following a defense...an attacker should not be able to grief a defender into losing by just repeated seiging them (can't say i've ever done that before :/ ) ...but if you can't handle a min 1 seige per week...wtf.

again, this mechanic is abuseable by creating a bogus tribe to lay seige to yourself, to gain the protection window...just something devs and the community should have to watch for.

PLAY TO CRUSH!

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    PLAY TO CRUSH!
    hah! indeed!

or there's the other saying.

Post to crush!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    reason being is just anti grief mechanic for the defender.

the defender shoudl have 24 hours to set a time, which should be between 36 and 72 hrs from the point of seige/war/whatever you want to call it. Then another 96 hr window if 'no_seige' following a defense...an attacker should not be able to grief a defender into losing by just repeated seiging them (can't say i've ever done that before :/ ) ...but if you can't handle a min 1 seige per week...wtf.

again, this mechanic is abuseable by creating a bogus tribe to lay seige to yourself, to gain the protection window...just something devs and the community should have to watch for.
    lol not quite sure why all of that sounds very familiar

quite. just trying to fix the minor flaws to a system that worked very effectively (at the end...not so effectively for the first couple years)

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    PLAY TO CRUSH!
    Well said!!

Ican has boat with cannon?

Ican dig lake next to your tribe while you sleep?

This game has some incredible potential. An open world with terraforming has a great deal of appeal. However, if the ability to terraform and create keeps/strongholds is purely for aesthetics, then an incredible opportunity will be lost. A system which allows one to to seek defensible locations for asset creation...but does not also allow some form of competitive asset destruction...will be truly tragic IMHO.

I urge the developers of Xsyon to create a balanced, compelling and entertaining system of both asset construction and destruction. The framework is certainly there...it need only be fleshed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradishar View Post
    This game has some incredible potential. An open world with terraforming has a great deal of appeal. However, if the ability to terraform and create keeps/strongholds is purely for aesthetics, then an incredible opportunity will be lost. A system which allows one to to seek defensible locations for asset creation...but does not also allow some form of competitive asset destruction...will be truly tragic IMHO.

I urge the developers of Xsyon to create a balanced, compelling and entertaining system of both asset construction and destruction. The framework is certainly there...it need only be fleshed out.
    This! A thousand times this!