Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    I could have sworn that the devs said that after prelude (6-9months) or something like that they would remove all safe zones and then you can get killed anywhere.
    I looked it up. I was partially mistaken. Here is a direct quote from a post dated 2/21/2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for not clearing this up earlier. I only just saw it a little while ago and had to confirm what I thought was going to happen.

Here is the plan:

At first all tribal areas will be safe then, at some point down the road, tribal safe zones will be optional.

If your tribe wishes to play more realistically with the chance of being attacked at any point you may do so. However, if you wish to be more of a crafting tribe and not have to look over your shoulder all the time you may keep the safe zone on.

Hope this clears things up.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Perhaps then training dummies for combat characters so i too can progress without leaving the safety of my safezone? I know its boring but its an advantage a crafter has that a combat does not enjoy. Im looking for balance.
    Balance? You don't want "balance", you as the fox just want let into the henhouse. You just want to be able to rape anyone you come across with no barriers. You say you want the "realism" of a post-apocolyptic world? Well, then let's just have total game permadeath. You engage in combat and you die, your account is cancelled, game over. In "real life" you don't get to respawn a few moments later. You die. This would never happen of course because IT'S A GAME. It's not a full on combat to the full 100% game either. It's a game like many others that feature crafting, society building, and combat. PVP is not the be all end all. Neither is crafting.

A blacksmith was required to feed the kings armies with needed armor. these armies would in turn protect the blacksmith from invading barbarians. It took few blacksmiths to supply a whole army. That is my point, there shouldnt be 90% of the game running around making baskets, there should only be a need for a few crafters to support the combat characters defending their saftey.

What we have now, is a world full of blacksmiths, pumping out armor in saftey, with few combat soldiers in which to protect them and use said armor. that is the balance issue im talking about.
    as I already replied in another thread you were posting drivel in, this game is not based around PVP ;P so why shouldnt it have more crafter types, as that IS what it is based around

A blacksmith was required to feed the kings armies with needed armor. these armies would in turn protect the blacksmith from invading barbarians. It took few blacksmiths to supply a whole army. That is my point, there shouldnt be 90% of the game running around making baskets, there should only be a need for a few crafters to support the combat characters defending their saftey.
    Few blacksmiths, yes, but lots of farmers, weavers, tanners, masons, and carpenters. In this game, we aren't Mongol or Native American horse tribes (which probably had the maximum percentage of fighters per population of any group, ever, but I'm too lazy to look it up and find out for sure). We're not especially nomadic and we do build defensive structures, so a few blacksmiths wouldn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    but isnt that risk and rush of them fighting back what draws people to want to take that path? isnt it want drew you to want to be a fighter, the thrill of the hunt and the risk involved?
    so in turn the same risk that attracted you, is now the one you complain is unfairly put upon you..
    Whats the thrill in nerfing my character though combat, risking all my gear in the process, when i could just sit in my safezone and craft to progress?

The safezones and penalties (if implimented) towards those who choose the combat route are why 90% of this game is sitting at their totem weaving baskets. Its not balanced.

fact of the matter is, theres not enough combat characters. its no fun killing crafters who dont even fight back...but theres nothing else for me to progress on.

if they made combat characters more appealing, there would be people to fight against, who fight back.

this is why the whole game, aside from a handful, are crafters. We got too much crafting....what need is there for all those crafted items?

its the games policy towards protecting crafters is what is nullifying a need for combat characters, which is why so few are.

by that note, can I not also say its unfairly biased that fighters get the thrill of person to person combat to level..when us crafters have to stand around and grind inanimate objects to gain levels, with possibility of failure and loosing that sawblade that we searched days for in the process? its unfair and unjust that the fighters have a higher risk factor, and sense of thrill while using their gameplay style vs us crafters.

and that fighters should have to grind on test dummies for hours on end to gain points, with the possibility of breaking his weapons on the dummy.

its 6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other..grass on the other side of the fence thing...

Whats the thrill in nerfing my character though combat, risking all my gear in the process, when i could just sit in my safezone and craft to progress?

The safezones and penalties (if implimented) towards those who choose the combat route are why 90% of this game is sitting at their totem weaving baskets. Its not balanced.

fact of the matter is, theres not enough combat characters. its no fun killing crafters who dont even fight back...but theres nothing else for me to progress on.

if they made combat characters more appealing, there would be people to fight against, who fight back.

this is why the whole game, aside from a handful, are crafters. We got too much crafting....what need is there for all those crafted items?
    then why are you a fighter, if the risk/gain/thrill of doing so is what you abore? its like me asking why would I go sky diving..risking my life..for the small gain of a rush for 45 seconds of free fall...its the risk/thrill itself that makes the one doing such actions enjoy it..not seeing the risk as a negative.

lol...90% of the game is sitting around crafting because that's what 90% of the community chooses to do with thier time...CRAFT. Why is there a need to come into a game and force people to play your way? Seems like the community has already decided how they want to play. Go play a freakin shooter or something ....

Reduce the amount of xp that crafters gain from crafting. It would force them to leave the tribal boundaries to hunt and level up.

So once your camp is built and yoru walls up. Why will anyone trade with you and what will you craft if there is no need for combat? How do you think the game will survive if there is no need of your services? Will you pay 15 a month to craft baskets?