Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Unless they changed it, weapon skill decreases the amount of damage resistance armor provides for your target, so I'm guessing here that your combat skills are high, and unless they are wearing heavy armor (not just a piece or two all 15) there isn't going to be a difference.

Better Quality last I seen was a minimal increase in damage (some weapons going from 2.3 to 2.5)

Combat in general is still to fast, swing speed and movement speed.

I would love to see some changes to the combat system.

Not completely to the M&B:Warband combat, as that would be not great for PvP in a MMORPG. But something close to the original Roma Victor with modifications.

I will come right out and say I hate the "hit point bubble".

I suggest having attributes become your hit points. If you get hit in the arms, you take damage to your strength, legs agility, chest stamina, head intelligence. I am sure he( the developer) remembers the exact combat damage system in RV.

With the current movement system and a few tweaks to the armour and weapons the combat could be GREAT.

Then he can get started on adding agriculture, and ranged weapons, bows, cross bows, throwing spears, hell spears in general.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    I'd honestly hate having a normal fight with just dps'ing for 10-20 seconds. That's not a fight. That's what a gank is. You sweep in, deliver a few blows and see the other character dead within seconds.

I've not had any 3min fights, mostly because we power up our swings when fighting. We still circle each other, but we don't just attack because we're close enough as you guys honestly seem to be doing.
    We have fights lasting 40s - 2min depending on skills and armor/weapons. We can hardly get it to last longer than that. 40sec - 2min should imo be around what a standard fight lasts.

We don't use parry/dodge. The swings can be made too quickly for it to actually matter. You have to know the opponent is going to swing a few seconds before it happens before you can make a successful parry/dodge and I don't want to rely on my fortune-telling capabilities (I'm sure they suck ass)

Other than that I'd have to agree..

Weapon skills doesn't seem to affect anything.
    Armor doesn't seem to affect anything.
    Stats on gear doesn't seem to affect anything.
    Hitboxes are screwed. Too large or too small. Depending on the model.
    Swing times are still too fast.
    Quality seems to have no effect whatsoever on armor and damage.

I'm still more than willing to test combat with you, please contact me in game. I've asked this a few times.

I cant get combat to NOT last 2 or 3 mins unless its ONLY backshots (charged attacks are worse for DPS just FYI).

Quote Originally Posted by VeryWiiTee View Post
    I'd honestly hate having a normal fight with just dps'ing for 10-20 seconds. That's not a fight. That's what a gank is. You sweep in, deliver a few blows and see the other character dead within seconds.

I've not had any 3min fights, mostly because we power up our swings when fighting. We still circle each other, but we don't just attack because we're close enough as you guys honestly seem to be doing.
    We have fights lasting 40s - 2min depending on skills and armor/weapons. We can hardly get it to last longer than that. 40sec - 2min should imo be around what a standard fight lasts.

We don't use parry/dodge. The swings can be made too quickly for it to actually matter. You have to know the opponent is going to swing a few seconds before it happens before you can make a successful parry/dodge and I don't want to rely on my fortune-telling capabilities (I'm sure they suck ass)

Other than that I'd have to agree..

Weapon skills doesn't seem to affect anything.
    Armor doesn't seem to affect anything.
    Stats on gear doesn't seem to affect anything.
    Hitboxes are screwed. Too large or too small. Depending on the model.
    Swing times are still too fast.
    Quality seems to have no effect whatsoever on armor and damage.
    You think 10-20 seconds of pure dps is a gank? Wow.

You did describe a gank accurately, that just wasn't it. You sweep in deliver a few blows and see the other dead in seconds.

A few blows and dead before the person has to do anything is a gank. Not 20 blows with full charge.

Thanks for all the detailed feedback.

The current live build does have a major problem. We were running some tests in the code when we had to rush out the last quick patch and the test code was not removed. This test has the attacker's skill fixed at 50 and the defender's armor set to full bone armor (normal quality, full duration).

We can't patch the live server until we're done our current changes to the database.

So what we're going to do is:

1) Remove the test code that was affecting the skill and armor functions (done).
    2) Revise combat variables today and tomorrow based on all the feedback given here (in progress).
    3) Ask that all players hold more feedback until we're ready to test combat again on the test server.
    4) Hold a combat test session on the test server when these changes are ready.
    5) Patch the changes to the live as soon as they are satisfactory and our database code is ready.

Thanks again and please hold off on more combat comments until the next round of revisions are ready.

Good deal.

Thanks for the update Xsyon.

that explains a lot actually .