Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PvP Protection

aye we were discussing this lastnight about how there should be a timer on those who just want to jump in and out of protection, that way those who want to pvp actually have to commit instead of jump out slap you and then run back in, and as for the person afraid of greifing. its either you fight for what you think is yours and die protecting it or build your homestead right ontop of it so they cant do crap to it

Yep as the Hopi tribe member said, if its not on your land, its not yours. A GM/Guide will tell you the same thing.

No need for a complicated solution, introduce gates then remove safe zones around totems.

With gates there won't be a need for safe zones anymore, if you're smart nobody can get over or around your walls anyways.

And introduce a 1 week safe area around a newly created totem if there are no structures or items within it's radius. To prevent abuse and to give new tribes a chance to set up.

Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd0 View Post
    I think atm one of the biggest problems with trying to Pvp atm is player protection on tribe lands. Now unlike the mass darkfall players who want it removing, i think a simple fix would make things more interesting. Now after sitting outside tribe area's trying to get various pvp tribes to actually pvp, Ive come to the conclusion most of em run out and as soon as they get 1-2 hits, they run back to protection.

A simple fix, I believe as soon as they Hit an enemy player, someone who aint in there tribe, PVP Protection is disabled for 1-2 minutes. This will prevent the "hardcore" pvpers running back to spawn protection like ultimate carebears. While still providing the needed protection to the real carebears.
    This is a great idea. Its simple, its effective, it solves a lot of the safezone problem.

Eventually I would like to see some form of tribal warfare system but for the duration of the prelude, and for as long as there are areas where tribes can still have safe zones, this is a great idea.