Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    This is clearly a discussion between looters and creators, crafters and griefers. You do realize that right now there is NO (ZERO, NADA, NULL) punishment for theft? And you want to add more theft tools in here? A balance must exist yet all who want lootable bins are not those who seek a balanced game.

There are 40 public bins in front of my homstead full of tools and random crap I crafted and left there for possible explorers to pick up. In 7 days only ONE person ever came over and that was my neighbour. Not even local griefers didnt bother with my public bins. And you complain about not having lootable bins? What you need is a reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    This is clearly a discussion between looters and creators, crafters and griefers. You do realize that right now there is NO (ZERO, NADA, NULL) punishment for theft? And you want to add more theft tools in here? A balance must exist yet all who want lootable bins are not those who seek a balanced game.

There are 40 public bins in front of my homstead full of tools and random crap I crafted and left there for possible explorers to pick up. In 7 days only ONE person ever came over and that was my neighbour. Not even local griefers didnt bother with my public bins. And you complain about not having lootable bins? What you need is a reality check.
    This is why Jadzi says to make an alignment system first.

I didn't care either way, but with the punishment thought I guess keep them until alignment is in. (none of this why alignment penalties wahh crap...alignment is used to create a fake moral compass that gamers don't have when playing a game).

I agree with the OP and most of the people in this thread. Bins outside of safe zones should not be private and locked. I'd love to see a more interesting lock/lock-picking system added eventually, but for the time being, I'd be happy with bins outside of safe zones being public.

As for Plague, can we please get this guy a translator? I get the impression that he misunderstands a majority of the posts and threads he responds to.

Where is this pile of free tools at man... 40 public bins is a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    I agree with the OP and most of the people in this thread. Bins outside of safe zones should not be private and locked. I'd love to see a more interesting lock/lock-picking system added eventually, but for the time being, I'd be happy with bins outside of safe zones being public.

As for Plague, can we please get this guy a translator? I get the impression that he misunderstands a majority of the posts and threads he responds to.
    Obvious troll is obvious. When you cant bring any more arguments to the table just start attacking the other side. Love your trolls tears as bins will stay private. Translate that to your trollish language.

My bins are in 823, be carful of SOTA, they don't really care about tools and bins but do care abour ganking people who pass by.

You shouldn't be able to lock a basket made of grass EVER. It's made of grass... I have an axe... I can understand it being locked inside your safezone but outside is completely ridiculous, and part of the reason I am not playing this game anymore until some MAJOR changes are made.

Obvious troll is obvious. When you cant bring any more arguments to the table just start attacking the other side. Love your trolls tears as bins will stay private. Translate that to your trollish language.

My bins are in 823, be carful of SOTA, they don't really care about tools and bins but do care abour ganking people who pass by.
    Sounds like everything that's wrong with kids today. Don't care about playing the game just want to make everyone as miserable as they are. Give me the exact coords of your baskets I'll come drop a homestead on them. Then I will continue to not play.

So you want to lock my public baskets????

Why are people with IQ less then 50 allowed in Xsyon I wonder.

Clearly there are alot of issues still, but since everyone can place a totem safezone, safe bins in the wilderness is clearly not right. Now i could understand the current mechanics if there were no such thing as homesteads.

Im considering forming a bin taskforce to litter the world of xsyon with private-only bins... with nothing in them.

Hundreds. Thousands. Everywhere. People can homestead them and be disappointed. Explorers will be disappointed. Im just going to abuse the ever living shit out of this until its fixed and i advise everyone in support of this to do the same. Everyone will realize how very fucking stupid this broken feature of the game is.

When the problem is so fully in the face of people it can't be ignored... then maybe the devs will wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    3 Devs said this? Wow.

So basically it looks like, based on this sample of responses, that the developers are just going to ignore the vast majority of the player's desires? Do the devs want to play by themselves?
    Maybe he meant guides. . .