Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    The red text explain properly that you can specialize your skill, so you can master one or few professions (depends on the skill decay/cap) or become a jack of all trades, so a mediocre crafter in all professions.
    I should look for it, but i remeber a guide telling that the game is against a "one man army" style.

From what they used to tell, when the skill decay will be in (will be?) an hardcore player have more chances to deal with the skill decay, mastering probably more than a profession. But despite the effort he can't be self sufficient. An avrage player should master.. what, one profession? The point is: devs told that they want player interaction.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grushenko View Post
    The red text explain properly that you can specialize your skill, so you can master one or few professions (depends on the skill decay/cap) or become a jack of all trades, so a mediocre crafter in all professions.
    I should look for it, but i remeber a guide telling that the game is against a "one man army" style.

From what they used to tell, when the skill decay will be in (will be?) an hardcore player have more chances to deal with the skill decay, mastering probably more than a profession. But despite the effort he can't be self sufficient. An avrage player should master.. what, one profession? The point is: devs told that they want player interaction.
    ""You can specialize your skills or become a jack of all trades."" not skill, that makes a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    My actual point guys is!!!
    If limiting someone to do only some things? like: limiting people to crafting, limiting people to have their voice, limiting people to be free and go out anywhere they want without fear of being jumped, etc.etc.etc. is never a good idea.
    As much as you don't like if someone tell you "you can't craft what you want"? same someone else don't like it if you tell him "you can't have freedom to do what you want or where you can go or what you can craft".
    Everything is supposed to be possible for solo player as well, it should only take longer to gather resources and things like that.

MrDDT.
    You keep on saying same thing over and over, it's clear that you don't want unwanted players in the game.

Where do you get that I want to limit people to doing any of those?

I want safe zones, I want limited skill pools, and I want limited stat pools.

What I want is Solo players not to have 100 in every skill or stat. I want people to only have 100s in skills they really want to be the masters in, and the others would be low.

You are right I dont want unwanted players in the game. Cheaters, hackers, exploiters etc.

But PVE, and PVP players I would love in the game as long as they follow the rules. What I dont want is people like you opening new topics breaking the rules when they ALREADY LOCKED THIS TOPIC.

Is this has to change to fit your style?
    Stated in features.
    ""Everyone is a hero in Xsyon. Your character begins with decent base statistics but is unskilled an untrained. In time your character will gain knowledge and develop the crafts and skills to flourish in this new world.""

In case you didn't read this?
    Xsyon is Flexible:

As a player, explorer and settler of this new virtual world you have many choices. You can play as a warrior, a trader, a crafter, or a cultivator of crops. You can specialize your skills or become a jack of all trades. You can play as a clan leader or town offical, socially involved with many other players, or you can explore the world as a lone adventurer. Xsyon is a game for all kinds of players from casual to hard core. The path you take is up to you.

@Willowhawk. I am not afraid of PVP. Where do you guys read or seen my post where I said that someone jumped me or killed me?
    There are so many players willing to support this game, if game has reasonable rules, and many of those player had been chased off Xsyon by many of you.

Hodo? if you want full time PVP go back to DF.

Znaiika, I think we can agree that many people willing to support the game if the game has reasonable rules. Dropping a basket and not able to allow others to take it, or open it is not reasonable.

I have not read most of the post that has been going on with this but in the end i think the reasoning behind the basket change was to eliminate all the baskets lettering up the place not to hinder anyones game play. I don't see why you can't just buy a cart and take it out with you when you scavenge that away you wont have to worry about leaving any baskets unattended.

@Willowhawk. I am not afraid of PVP. Where do you guys read or seen my post where I said that someone jumped me or killed me?
    My actual point guys is!!!
    If limiting someone to do only some things? like: limiting people to crafting, limiting people to have their voice, limiting people to be free and go out anywhere they want without fear of being jumped, etc.etc.etc. is never a good idea.
    Never a good idea? What you have been describing is World Of Warcraft PVE servers. Everyone is safe and if you want high level PVP junk you go fight in Battlegrounds. Theme park crap!! This is NOT a theme park game. It is a sandbox game that from the very beginning was designed to be as realistic as possible. That means NOT A THEME PARK! No special safe places, no special pvp places. A realistic world like it would be post apocalypse. Why the hell are you trying to change this?

And if you are not afraid of PVP who are you arguing for? Or are you just arguing to argue?

Please just go back to playing World of Warcraft or what ever cookie cutter theme park game you are conditioned to playing because you quite obviously do not have what it takes to enjoy a sandbox game, and you are obviously unhappy with what the rest of us thoroughly enjoy.

Here is a idea..

How about we all place Znaiika on ignore and forget he existed. I feel all he is doing is fail trolling.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    1: A realistic world like it would be post apocalypse. Why the hell are you trying to change this?
    2: And if you are not afraid of PVP who are you arguing for? Or are you just arguing to argue?
    1: before we have PVP we should have some kind of a punishment system for those who kill non combatants.
    2: those that also want to play Xsyon without forced PVP.

So, that is why I am asking for an official poll from developers, I think it's not that hard, really.
    We should see what most people want, it is stated, that Xsyon is going to change with the help of players, this is their statement ""Join us now in the Prelude and help determine the future of Xsyon!""
    Definition of the word ""determine""? is, to decide.
    So, in order to help Xsyon, we must have all necessary tools to do it, many don't want these discussions on forums (forum wars) then poll would allow them to have their part in helping Xsyon developers by voting.
    And even have a system to be able to sent memos to devs, so they could avoid forum wars.
    The Xsyon is not done, when Xsyon is fully developed they should start game with new world and new characters, because people skill-up easy now and are using exploits, we are playing Xsyon as a test version of the real game.
    This is a Prelude version.
    I hope you people understand that.

Now Guides, you can close this thread I've said all I needed to say.

Does this mean you are leaving, and returning to WoW?

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    Does this mean you are leaving, and returning to WoW?
    I like Xsyon, so must stay.

1: before we have PVP we should have some kind of a punishment system for those who kill non combatants.
    2: those that also want to play Xsyon without forced PVP.

So, that is why I am asking for an official poll from developers, I think it's not that hard, really.
    We should see what most people want, it is stated, that Xsyon is going to change with the help of players, this is their statement ""Join us now in the Prelude and help determine the future of Xsyon!""
    Definition of the word ""determine""? is, to decide.
    So, in order to help Xsyon, we must have all necessary tools to do it, many don't want these discussions on forums (forum wars) then poll would allow them to have their part in helping Xsyon developers by voting.
    And even have a system to be able to sent memos to devs, so they could avoid forum wars.
    The Xsyon is not done, when Xsyon is fully developed they should start game with new world and new characters, because people skill-up easy now and are using exploits, we are playing Xsyon as a test version of the real game.
    This is a Prelude version.
    I hope you people understand that.

Znaiika, we already had a poll, it was shot down.

What does most people have to do with it? Its about what the devs want. They already answered this, AND locked your other thread.

It had already been "determined" the rules of Xsyon. Granted we are still waiting for some of the features (like good/neutral/evil alignment system) but its already laid out the path.

If you feel there are people breaking the rules, report it.

Xsyon will never be fully developed. Im sure they will have more servers once there are 10s of thousands of people playing.

Who is using exploits? You should report them. Exploiting will always happen, so having a fresh start will not stop that.

Do you even know what prelude is for? Its the build up phase to allow more aggressive things to go on.

Again read up on the game before you start tossing out bad ideas please. Answer to your topic. Polls issue was talked about many times, and it was SHUT DOWN by the devs, with good reason.