Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Awesome, so this thread is closed case then. Now if only a mod would lock it

Then we will craft some paintbrushes and paint all your tribal wall pink. Be very aware.
    You will rename your tribes ....... The Big Pink Walled Weiners. Am i right? I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudder View Post
    A simple solution to a wall would be terraform all of your land to a giant hole and destroy the dirt. Then leave the area.
    ^^ I like the way you think. You can bet your sweet ass if someone does take the time to fence me in, before I leave them my land it will look like it got hit by a meteor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Then we will craft some paintbrushes and paint all your tribal wall pink. Be very aware.
    You will rename your tribes ....... The Big Pink Walled Weiners. Am i right? I think so.
    If only that were possible. Can I change my rant? I don't want to be safe from being fenced in. But I do want proper retribution if someone is fool enough to do it, as per Dirt's suggestion!

Oh come on, please? It would only have to happen once, to one tribe, and then no one would ever try imprisoning a homesteader again!

Just use logic here people, if someone or some tribe fences you in I can guarantee that the guides or GM's will remove it. If someone does that it is a form of griefing says right in the ToS. Just saying.

If anyone wants to test this just message me after the 15th I Will let you fence me in on a junkpile, then we will see how fast it gets taken down...

Bet ya 100 dollars im right...

Fencing someone in would be a pointless waste of time and materials, especially when a guide will just remove it.

But I didn't know for sure a guide would remove it when I made the OP, did I? After all, a tribe could (with some justification) point out that it's not griefing or an exploit, it's an allowable game mechanic and that this piece of fencing protects tribal property and that the homesteader's inability to go in or out is incidental and therefore...I'm being logical instead of reasonable again, aren't I?

Anyway, go on, fence me in, someone, I'll just summon a guide in hopes that the one who turns up to turn me loose hands me a paintbrush and a few cans of dayglo paint.

If someone fences me in then I should be able to destroy the fence, dig under it, or build up over it. None of that is allowed with the current game mechanics. It's rather sad.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    If someone fences me in then I should be able to destroy the fence, dig under it, or build up over it. None of that is allowed with the current game mechanics. It's rather sad.
    I'm hoping when siege mechanics and such are introduced later, we'll be able to do those things in some areas, though. Which will be tons of fun. Even more fun will be figuring out how to stop someone from doing those things.

Yeah, but I don't think that anyone should have to count on a GM or something at any point for normal gameplay things. I also think that you shouldn't be able to use /unstuck and keep your stuff. If you are in a tribe and you get fenced in or fall down a hole, then you should get your tribemates to help you get out with ladders or something. If you are alone and noone would be able to come help you then you should be able to /suicide which will bring you back to your totem or spawn point (starting area) but leaves your corpse and items behind. I see no reason what-so-ever why players couldn't use fences and pit-traps as legitimate strategic options. The devs just need to make it balanced for everyone involved; not just one party. If I build a trap and someone falls in, well I should get their stuff if they can't find another way out. Because it's not impossible for them to avoid it if they are aware of their current situation.