Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What is xsyon?

Xsyon Citizen
    Please don't add a single additional feature until you fix melee sync :P

Xsyon Citizen
    I LOL'd (then cried) at "no pvp for 6 months".

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    Just let it go, Jadzia. No one — except perhaps a few delusional freaks you've brainwashed — likes the game in its current state. There's nothing there. Simple item decay and rare items isn't going to fix it, either.

You keep falling back on: "WELL WHY DID YOU BUY THE GAME? YOU KNEW THERE WAS GOING TO BE NO PVP FOR SIX MONTHS!!!!!"

That isn't an excuse for the shitty state in which the game was released. There needs to be a PURPOSE to doing things. And right now it's not even close to a rewarding gaming experience for the players. Simply put — the game is boring.
    Hey Illamculate, nice to see you again. I almost (ALMOST) missed your kind trolling self. I know you don't enjoy the game. But no matter how hard you try to push it on others, there are players (including me) who do enjoy it.

And my question is very valid. I do wonder why did he buy the game. I'd never buy a game which lacks the features I'm interested in.
    We all know that crafting and PvP need purpose. Thats why I said : but we need a working economy to give it purpose. PvP is pointless without economy too, so what we needs is item decay, item quality and rare stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    The game was never meant to be PvP focused. Slap your friends who fooled you with that.
    This game is so PvP based that it's unbelievable they haven't actually implemented a fun PvP system yet.

1) You loot resources to craft.

2) You craft:
    a. Storage
    b. Tools to craft with
    c. Cosmetics (a few, like campfires, clothes, buildings, etc)
    d. Armor
    e. Weapons

Evereything up there revolves around Armor and Weapons save for the cosmetics.

3) You build up your city with walls to protect it... from PvPers.

4) You PvP to control territory and what are supposed to be limited resources.

That's the cycle. Harvest resources to craft, craft to prepare for PvP, PvP to protect resources. Without fun and important player vs player conflicts there is no point to the rest of the cycle, which sounds curiously like where we're at right now. The player made quests fit in with any of those stages, adding to the cycle. The only other option the game would have would be to go sim cityesque, and there are no where near enough sim customizable options to believe that's a route they're heading.

This game was always designed to be PvP focused. Slap your friends who fooled you with that.

Read this again and you might begin to understand why a massive chunk of the population originally interested in this game are getting out of here.
    Perhaps you should read it again. Why did they buy it if it was lacking the features they were interested in ? I don't mean buying it then complaining about missing features which has never been promised for Prelude.

Xsyon Citizen
    And my question is very valid. I do wonder why did he buy the game. I'd never buy a game which lacks the features I'm interested in.
    Sure you would – if it had those features prominently listed on its "Features" page. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwanderer View Post
    This game is so PvP based that it's unbelievable they haven't actually implemented a fun PvP system yet. That alone shows that the game is not build around PvP. I'm surprised there are still people who deny that.

1) You loot resources to craft. No, lol , you gather.

2) You craft:
    a. Storage
    b. Tools to craft with
    c. Cosmetics (a few, like campfires, clothes, buildings, etc)
    d. Armor
    e. Weapons

Evereything up there revolves around Armor and Weapons save for the cosmetics.
    And you can use those armors and weapons for PvE too. Cool

3) You build up your city with walls to protect it... from PvPers. Or from mobs. Since the walls are not necessary for your protection from PvPers...you have a safe zone, remember ? Only the animals can attack you inside your zone.

4) You PvP to control territory and what are supposed to be limited resources. You can't PvP to control territory, haven't you noticed that yet ?

That's the cycle. Harvest resources to craft, craft to prepare for PvP, PvP to protect resources. Without fun and important player vs player conflicts there is no point to the rest of the cycle, which sounds curiously like where we're at right now. The player made quests fit in with any of those stages, adding to the cycle. The only other option the game would have would be to go sim cityesque, and there are no where near enough sim customizable options to believe that's a route they're heading.

This game was always designed to be PvP focused. Slap your friends who fooled you with that.
    This is only your very limited view of the game. You are focused on PvP, not the game There is nothing wrong with that, only that you will find the game boring for you.

And no, it wasn't my friends who said that Xsyon is not PvP focused. It was the devs

Thats why I said : but we need a working economy to give it purpose. PvP is pointless without economy too, so what we needs is item decay, item quality and rare stuffs.
    This has been discussed in another thread, but after the mechanics are ironed out, the game really needs purpose...purpose beyond a village building sym. Purpose to interact with other players. Purpose to drive events and actions. here is where the 'its a sand box, make your own purpose' comes out. But it doesn't really work that way...most of us require some degree of 'real' feedback from our actions. If i do this, something else occurs, which i then have to deal with. Cause and effect. Consequence. Call it what you will. We need reasons for doing things, and ramifications for doing them.

Item decay/quality is a subset of a system that will help create this, but on its own, it doesnt do anything. The world is flooded with resources and you can craft at a rate that far exceeds any degree of decay. Then of course you have the PITA factor...too much decay, and the game becomes sim replace (imagine having to upkeep walls to the toon 5% decay per 24 hr period, per wall...4 bricks, per wall section, per day...keeping the walls up becomes a full time job...who plays that game? Too little decay, and you might as well not have it in there. Anyway, Item decay and quality is a feature, not a solution.

The solution is...something (things?) that everybody needs, that nobody has, that exists in very finite quantities in limited and defined geographical areas.

Rare timber stands? Rare metal deposits? Rare plant species? Again, balance between good enough to 'need' but not so good that your completely screwed if you're a have not.

PVP and economy is a chicken/egg argument in this type of environment. Sorry, but you really cant have one without the other.

You are so out to lunch. Jordi said the feature list, except for the very bottom section (I forget what it's called), would be in for prelude. I'll find the post if you want.

You don't understand english so it's impossible to have a reasonable conversation with you. You can't even understand the point I'm making. The features the game is missing are advertised on the FEATURES page. lol
    The feature list doesn't even mention PvP. Nor tribal warfare. Nor sieges. That is what the OP was complaining about. It do mention protected player owned housing and protected player owned storage.

This is only your very limited view of the game. You are focused on PvP, not the game There is nothing wrong with that, only that you will find the game boring for you.

And no, it wasn't my friends who said that Xsyon is not PvP focused. It was the devs
    Regardless of what the devs may have said at some point in the past, the game was designed around PvP. This isn't a 'Second Life' clone. Games, even sandboxes, have a gist of what players are supposed to do built in. If the only thing they programmed in to do is engage in combat... guess what. It's a PvP focused game, as designed by the devs. And really... their actions speak much louder than words that were pandering to, at the time, a largely anti-PvP forum crowd.

Although, to be fair, their words could as easily be interpretted to mean that PvP isn't the only thing to do in the game which is true. If you don't care for it much, you can engage in resources harvesting and crafting and only PvP when you run into that situation... but ultimately you're still part of the PvP oriented cycle because everything you're doing and making feeds into it.