Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What is xsyon?

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Too many of the more vocal posters on the forums want this to be a newer MO or DF.
    A newer WURM with MnB combat.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwanderer View Post
    Jadzia seems to be on the bend that this game gave no indication that it might be PvP based at all and so people who wanted that had no reason to purchase it, so we're just having fun slapping him around with how wrong he is.
    Dude, based on the sheer level of irrationality it's pretty clear she's a woman. <3

Yes, English is my second language. But that doesn't change the fact that tribal warfare is not mentioned on the feature page, nor is PvP. If they were core features they would have clearly state that. You didn't answer my question
    2) Players had every right to rely on the feature page as an accurate description of the game, should not be blamed for any misleading information on that page, and have every right to expect that the listed features are available
    As an accurate description of the game the feature page doesn't mention tribal warfare. Actually protected player owned housing indicates the opposite.

Illmaculate, we are talking about the feature page only.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    But the feature page is an inaccurate mess. Why in the fuck are we talking about the feature page? Eighty per cent of the feature page isn't in the game or doesn't work.

You keep preaching for people to do their research before they buy the game. If they did their research they would come across the "Conflict, consequences and decisions" thread. If they read that thread they would deduce Xsyon is a PVP game featuring tribal warfare involving full loot pvp.
    Because Sirius relied on the feature page in his argument. He based it on it.

Xsyon Citizen
    The feature page also clearly indicates that both PVP and tribal warfare are supposed to be part of the game. Your limited English skills do not change what the words mean to a full-blown English speaker.

alright ima add my 2 cents. the game from reading the fourms and features page and chating with the dev's/guides. It is 100% clear on the future of the game. PvP will be the game half focus but not yet. This game was mad to be 50/50 with more interest being toward pve. PvP is ingame as something to do. Also their will be tribal warefare. with options to op out of it not to mention options to keep your safe zone. This is the balance jordi speaks of. If im not mistake i beleave jordi stated once he want the mount and blade combat system (he thought is was cool). Anyhow you all can keep fighting but the games main focus is pve however it isnt all of the games focus and another part is on pvp also. Remember hes doing the systems to prevent greifing. This u all know is a pain in the ass to do. this is his current vision and just by reading fourms and updates youll see that. However future ideas are unclear and atm seems dev's are focused on getting features working new lands opened up and the combat system fixed. But dont bitch or complain when u dont see the tribal warefare ingame for atleast 1year+. they have alot to catch up on and add. atm dev's focus is geting the features page to match ingame and fix all issues. After that your guess is good as mine. How bout we just roll with that n do it day by day. You all can bicker and fight all ya want. still wont change the dev's vision or speed up the process. Cya ingame :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    The feature page also clearly indicates that both PVP and tribal warfare are supposed to be part of the game. Your limited English skills do not change what the words mean to a full-blown English speaker.
    Lol, come on. So protected player housing, protected player storage and 'Combat permissions in tribe zones based on tribal settings' indicates tribal warfare to you ? Good, I will set combat permission inside my tribe zone to 'OFF' Try to siege then lol.
    Its a bit cheap to talk about my English skills when you can't prove your point. But nvm, seems you can't admit when you were wrong

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    I like how you ignored the second paragraph in my post.
    Oh lol ok. That thread doesn't talk about tribal warfare. And if they did some research they would find the newest info from Jordi, which he said in January:
    Yes, the goal is to create a virtual world that acts much as the NPC world and towns of a themepark MMORPG. Combat should be part of this world, but not the sole focus. We will soon introduce our quest system, which, along with the tribe mechanics, are meant to keep players entertained who are not interested in PvP combat.

Recently there seems to be a bit of a trend toward independently produced open-world games with sandbox elements and a heavy focus on PVP. What sets your game apart from titles like Darkfall or Mortal Online? Do you see PvP conflict as the driving force behind Xsyon?

What sets Xsyon apart is a focus on building and creating a new world and not relying on PvP as the driving force.

In Xsyon, tribe zones are safe zones. While wilderness areas will be mostly anything goes, encumbrance limits will prevent extensive looting and mechanisms are in place to prevent camping spawn locations. The goal is to have open PvP in general but not cater to griefer types.
    And they would find the tribal warfare is not supposed to be in game during Prelude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Religion has nothing to do with PvP.
    i'm pretty sure religion has everything to do with pvp ;D

Quote Originally Posted by fotuenti View Post
    i'm pretty sure religion has everything to do with pvp ;D
    nah... just because my God is better than your God doesn't mean we can't get along We can just call your God "miniGod", and have him/her/it report to my God on Sunday mornings... see? No biggie.

this thread has gone pure lol.

and for those arguing for the pure pve experience...well you have it now. Game's a blast eh? Your own private building sym.

and yes, i'm sure 2 or 3 people enjoy the current experience, but the economic viabilty of that model...well, isn't.

PVP, Resource Gathering/Harvesting and Crafting/Building should each hold equal focus...it's the xsyon circle of life. Without one, the circle falls apart...Whether the fact that pvp is only 30% of the equation is somewhat meaningless, as both of the other thirds lose their point, and thus their value without it.

So no, i don't think any of us pvp folk are angling for another darkfall (70% pvp), or else we'd be playing it (especially since it is, comparatively, a superior product at this point)...but that doesn't mean the pvp experience is any less important than it is in the 'pure pvp' games...i'd argue that its more important; since ideally, there is actual 'stuff' at stake.

MOnth or so back i did a whole page on feature page and faq excerpts that clearly showed the game designs intended focus on pvp. The fact that these issues weren't pushed to a point where a clear vision emerged prior to this...well, can't answer that...this is all pretty obvious and basic stuff that should have been explored, addressed, and implemented during an alpha/beta stage. For such a debate/discussion to be occurring at this juncture is really kind of a head scratcher.

Now would be a great time for Mr. Dev to chime in and address the issue so we can have a definitive response to the issue...so we can all stfu about it. Personally i'm tired of having this argument. It's either a basic, core, component of the game, or its not...