Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky69 View Post
    Xsyon was designed to have no map. Why do we need this?

Look I realise I'm a minority disenting voice, but isn't this game supposed to be partly about discovery and exploration? When I first started playing I used to cross over the mountains and search for hidden away junk piles, or follow all the rivers looking for the quick ways between connecting points. But now what is the point?

Some people are already moaning there is not much to do in the game. But apparently killing this game for us explorers is great and everyone is cool with it. Is this going to happen again when the map is expanded?... well of course it is. I mean why bother even exploring, let's just use the map code and look at it directly. Want to know where the junk piles are, don't waste time in game doing it the slow way.

Why not stop there? Lets post where all the resources are, where all the Tribes are. Hell, lets have a real-time tracker that shows where all the online players are. Lets run an app to tell us the direction to run up a mountain to have most energy at the top... Why does everyone seem to want the whole game handed to them on a plate?

My only hope is that the developers think seriously about some form of decryption before they open up new areas.

I don't care that I sound like scrooge. The game was designed to have no map. This map (although impressive technically) is just one huge spoiler in my opinion.
    Did anyone force you "explorers" to look at this map ? no.

Quote Originally Posted by Khisk View Post
    Did anyone force you "explorers" to look at this map ? no.
    Of course we're not forced to look, but now no one is going to ask us in this Role Playing Game if there are any good sites for a homestead nearby. Or if we can help the PvPer with a good alternative route to a enemy tribe.

PvPers will have a place in the game. Let's have tanks to eliminate their worth.
    Crafters have a place in the game. Let's start with everything to eliminate their worth.

How can you not see that by posting the map it immediately changes the way that EVERYONE will play?

Pvpers by nature will always look/do whatever gives them a competitive edge, if anyone was going to RP with you they still will.

Of course we're not forced to look, but now no one if going to ask us in this Role Playing Game if there are any good sites for a homestead nearby. Or if we can help the PvPer with a good alternative route to a enemy tribe.

PvPers will have a place in the game. Let's have tanks to eliminate their worth.
    Crafters have a place in the game. Let's start with everything to eliminate their worth.

How can you not see that by posting the map it immediately changes the way that EVERYONE will play?

Sorry to ruin your fun, No really... I guess you won't like the fact I am currently detailing this map at 800 times its current size, which will allow you to zoom in farther with a cleaner image.

Cracky69 I can understand your feelings on the issue but did you really expect this to not happen? Frankly I am surprised it took this long. This is not much different than people creating the database of sets and recipes and such. At least you still have no in game compass or map showing your location.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    I am currently detailing this map at 800 times its current size, which will allow you to zoom in farther with a cleaner image.
    800x? so your making a 8,000,000 x 8,000,000 pixel map? (map is currently 10k x 10k)
    we will be able to zoom in and see individial grains of sand on the shore, at a detail level of each the size of a golf ball?

edit: just realized you might have meant 800% not 800X..thats only 80k x 80k

Quote Originally Posted by biophazer242 View Post
    Cracky69 I can understand your feelings on the issue but did you really expect this to not happen? Frankly I am surprised it took this long. This is not much different than people creating the database of sets and recipes and such. At least you still have no in game compass or map showing your location.
    No it wasn't a surprise. I'm just dismayed that I seem to be the only one who actually thinks this is bad for the game. I also think all the wiki info is bad for the game too.

To me this map is just another form of exploit. Just like Macroing or botting or running round with an unlootable basket in a PvP game. The game was designed to have a hidden map but the community has clearly decided that everyone should have one. I think it's cheating and I think it screws over players who actually like discovering stuff for themselves.

I'll try to shut up now on this thread and let people enjoy the easy mode gaming. I can always leave and play something else.

No it wasn't a surprise. I'm just dismayed that I seem to be the only one who actually thinks this is bad for the game. I also think all the wiki info is bad for the game too.

To me this map is just another form of exploit. Just like Macroing or botting or running round with an unlootable basket in a PvP game. The game was designed to have a hidden map but the community has clearly decided that everyone should have one. I think it's cheating and I think it screws over players who actually like discovering stuff for themselves.

I'll try to shut up now on this thread and let people enjoy the easy mode gaming. I can always leave and play something else.
    what else would you play though?
    name one MMO where the playerbase hasnt setup extensive wiki/map/info pages on every bit of info thats able to be figured out.

this isnt an attack on you, but a rebuttal to the fact that it seems your trying to say that xyson is the only online game to have had the players publish info they discovered in the game for others to use. and if this isnt the case, didnt you expect this as to NOT do so would be extremely out of the ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    what else would you play though?
    name one MMO where the playerbase hasnt setup extensive wiki/map/info pages on every bit of info thats able to be figured out.

this isnt an attack on you, but a rebuttal to the fact that it seems your trying to say that xyson is the only online game to have had the players publish info they discovered in the game for others to use. and if this isnt the case, didnt you expect this as to NOT do so would be extremely out of the ordinary
    No I had just hoped that perhaps in a niche game like this people might play the game as intended. Instead we've a community of unlootable bag wearers who use /unstuck in PvP to beat their opponents and have already topped out their skills because they're playing whilst AFK. During 2010 this game had a pretty good community, but not any more.

I suspect I'll end up playing single player games again. This game will probably not last and all the people that have helped to ruin it will not even realise the part they played.

No I had just hoped that perhaps in a niche game like this people might play the game as intended. Instead we've a community of unlootable bag wearers who use /unstuck in PvP to beat their opponents and have already topped out their skills because they're playing whilst AFK. During 2010 this game had a pretty good community, but not any more.

I suspect I'll end up playing single player games again. This game will probably not last and all the people that have helped to ruin it will not even realise the part they played.

I think your taking this a bit hard, a map usable by choice is hardly a cheat or exploit. Honestly, perhaps single player is the way to go if you can't handle players documenting the world they play in. This give no more of an advantage to some one who doesn't use it. Hell before this map came out I had already ran the world and figured where everything is.

The times are a changing, you can adapt or fold. Just wait till one of us figures out how to sync it up to a program to use like UOAM.