Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Small dev team with small funds? Its same scanerio with other game I have been playing since beta(altho its totally diferent kind of game).
    Impressive features list, but very slow development. Dont expect miracles. Its gonna be slow and bumpy journey. Be prepared for a loooong prelude Player base will be slowly decreasing but game wont die(at least for now). Its only chance is that there is not many other games such as Xsyon, so there is no other place to go atm for ppl who loves sandbox games.
    But be rather prepared for lots of "we are working on many things" statements without any ETA. Oh and get used to word "soon"

Quote Originally Posted by notintime View Post
    Small dev team with small funds? Its same scanerio with other game I have been playing since beta(altho its totally diferent kind of game).
    Impressive features list, but very slow development. Dont expect miracles. Its gonna be slow and bumpy journey. Be prepared for a loooong prelude Player base will be slowly decreasing but game wont die(at least for now). Its only chance is that there is not many other games such as Xsyon, so there is no other place to go atm for ppl who loves sandbox games.
    But be rather prepared for lots of "we are working on many things" statements without any ETA. Oh and get used to word "soon"
    Exactly, this is what I expect. Anyone who hopes more will be disappointed "soon"

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    I did post about the forum FAQ, but I was talking about the main webpage. People rarely go past that before buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    This has got to be the biggest load of BS I've heard out of all the people saying outlandish things in defense of Xsyon. Sounds like you're willing to be told anything.

Even if they actually made it clear on the FAQ page that all listed features were "planned" and nothing more, that would still not be right.
    People can read it however they want. <--That's really it there.
    The point is that people only look at one thing on the entire web page.
    Right or wrong isn't the point. It's the person claiming they should be shut down for false advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroom View Post
    And now you're trolling about someone qq'ing about someone else qq'ing. That makes me... confused. =/
    and now you're trolling the troller trolling about someone qq'ing about someone else qq'ing STFU... HAHAHA

Added after 9 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    Xsyon has a more extensive feature list than any MMO ever made to date !

Yet it has one of the smallest development teams in MMO history !

You can't be serious.. Ultima online had twice as much customization.. it also had lore and a ton of content. The game even had mini games where you could play poker or shoot dice.

You could grow things, mine, make things , kill things, kill each other, use magic, use archery, poison people with food, throw bombs, lock pick, pickpocket other players, tame pets, use magic, use weapons, raise dead things, ride mounts, fishing, build boats, construct homes, hunt treasure maps, crawl dungeons, do quests, work on alignment or titles, play music, heal yourself or friends, mobs, tons of animals that you could skin, eat, get drunk blah.. I am sure I am missing a ton of things people liked to do in that game.. you haven't played MMO's long enough to make generalizations like that.

Xsyon is no ULTIMA online. The only reason Ultima ever slowed down was the release of 3d based games.. The game itself is still FAR superior to this game or any other MMO ever released to date !!!

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    You could grow things, mine, make things , kill things, kill each other, use magic, use archery, poison people with food, throw bombs, lock pick, pickpocket other players, tame pets, use magic, use weapons, raise dead things, ride mounts, fishing, build boats, construct homes, hunt treasure maps, crawl dungeons, do quests, work on alignment or titles, play music, heal yourself or friends, mobs, tons of animals that you could skin, eat, get drunk blah.. I am sure I am missing a ton of things people liked to do in that game.. you haven't played MMO's long enough to make generalizations like that.

Xsyon is no ULTIMA online. The only reason Ultima ever slowed down was the release of 3d based games.. The game itself is still FAR superior to this game or any other MMO ever released to date !!!
    Agreed 100%. People seem to forget the vast possibilities in UO. It would be amazing if Xsyon could implement half as many features as UO had.

Quote Originally Posted by bodangly View Post
    Agreed 100%. People seem to forget the vast possibilities in UO. It would be amazing if Xsyon could implement half as many features as UO had.
    it is the potential that it even has this possibility that has a lot of us here...still.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    it is the potential that it even has this possibility that has a lot of us here...still.
    Wait wait wait, you're sayin' this game has the potential, of possibly, Maybe, on the flip of a coin, prob·a·bly might be, on a whimsical chance of erraticness, randomly, could be a good game, eventualy, given enough time.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    <snip>
    You can't be serious.. Ultima online had twice as much customization.. it also had lore and a ton of content. The game even had mini games where you could play poker or shoot dice.

The feature list for Xsyon has all the things you mentioned above (excluding those that relate directly to NPC's or dungeons). And in the datafiles you'll find books for learning Pottery, Engineering, Glassblowing, Jewelcraft, Astronomy and a host of other skills. Xsyon has dynamic seasons and weather effects that will influence the player character in negative and positive ways. Xsyon has creature breeding cycles and hibernation, as well as plant growth cycles. There is a religion system planned, with gods and Faith (some NPC action after all ?)

So as far as I can see, the Xsyon feature list IS longer than that of UO.

Remember, we're talking about the FEATURE LIST, not what is actually implemented ingame

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    The feature list for Xsyon has all the things you mentioned above (excluding those that relate directly to NPC's or dungeons). And in the datafiles you'll find books for learning Pottery, Engineering, Glassblowing, Jewelcraft, Astronomy and a host of other skills. Xsyon has dynamic seasons and weather effects that will influence the player character in negative and positive ways. Xsyon has creature breeding cycles and hibernation, as well as plant growth cycles. There is a religion system planned, with gods and Faith (some NPC action after all ?)

So as far as I can see, the Xsyon feature list IS longer than that of UO.

Remember, we're talking about the FEATURE LIST, not what is actually implemented ingame
    Give me a break. Seriously, anyone can list features. UO actually had all these things (and more). Idiotic comparison in the first place since it took UO many years to achieve such a long list of ACTUAL FEATURES IN GAME. Xsyon cannot hope to scratch the surface of UO's features with its current dev team. Either we are in for a LONG haul waiting for features or we make do with what we have. But to lie to ourselves that Xsyon has a chance in hell of actually implementing all the features on its list with their current dev team is counter-productive.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    People can read it however they want. <--That's really it there.
    The point is that people only look at one thing on the entire web page.
    Right or wrong isn't the point. It's the person claiming they should be shut down for false advertisement.
    They should be, or take down the features list and only display what you get when you pay for the game. You can't list a ton of features luring in a person and let them buy it to find out which ones are in the game and which ones aren't, that's absurd. There's only one excerpt on the feature page stating what will be forthcoming, which is:
    Evolution

Xsyon is constantly evolving. During the Prelude, characters start off as simple hunters, gatherers and scavengers. As societies will advance new features will become available to the larger, more civilized tribes and towns. These features will include:
    Animal taming and riding.
    Player comfort levels that affect actions.
    In game message boards and mail system.
    Agriculture.
    Cooking with player created created recipes.
    Armor decoration and enhancement system which can indicate achievements and status.
    New content including armor sets, weapons, buildings and creatures.
    Religion.

Join us in the Xsyon Forums for discussions of other potential unique features that we plan to develop and try out.

The rest , as laid out, is advertised as what's in the game. If you look at a products feature page that has no actual physical box, that's the marketable ploy of the product that you're selling. Given that you actually get no physical copy, that feature list is one in the same of what you would/should be seeing on the game box should there actually be one. If you bought a game in a retail store and it listed a bunch of features that you then logged in to find out weren't there, it would be the exact same scenario and that is false advertising. You can't claim a product has 'x' feature and then sell it as such when it clearly does not. You also can't rely on a fall back of 'oh, but it's somewhere on our forums saying those features aren't actually in game'. (( Which is funny because they DON'T even own up to that, or when they're actually going to work on putting them in.) The company needs to give their head a smack and reverse the process. What's in game should be on the features page and what's planned should be on the forums. Instead they lure people in with ideals that don't exist and they don't even explain on the forums when the actual features WILL be in. It's not a hard concept, if you don't have what you're selling, you don't adverstise that you do.