Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    100 % percent agree with you +1 HP should be the same for everyone, but what armor you wear, should affect your overall HP.

Added after 5 minutes:

I Don't agree with you on this one. Try hit Mike Tyson with a hammer or axe, and he WILL DIE.
    Ive been hit with a hammer and an axe, and I didnt die. Real life story too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Ive been hit with a hammer and an axe, and I didnt die. Real life story too.
    Now thats some bullshit. How hard and where? On the head, with a full blow, or you were nailing something and you hit your finger? lol

Foot with axe (more like the leg and foot), and many times with a hammer all over the place. Hammers dont even hurt much. Ive even had a hammer drop right on my head with no hard hat on.

My point is that you would be knocked out with 1 hit from Mike most likely, unless you were toughened up. While boxers who train and get tough wouldnt. Unless it was just a well placed hit, and they were doing something wrong.

Hit points is a computer game's way to saying how much punishment your body overall can take. Last I checked people can die from 1 small knife hit to the chest. While other people can live through 100s of knife stabbings.

Right, its means where and how the damage occurred. But it doesnt mean that the HP should be way off like it is now. I totally hated the way it was in WOW. If you level 70 and Iam level 1, and Im using a sword, there is no way that I can kill level 70 character using a SWORD or an AXE. Even level 70 character didnt had any armor on.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Right, its means where and how the damage occurred. But it doesnt mean that the HP should be way off like it is now. I totally hated the way it was in WOW. If you level 70 and Iam level 1, and Im using a sword, there is no way that I can kill level 70 character using a SWORD or an AXE. Even level 70 character didnt had any armor on.

If you look at the link I made for suggestions. It says pretty much what you just said. That HP should be closer, but there is room for growth.

I dont believe players should have 10 or 15x more HP than a new player. However, I also dont believe a new player should have the same starting HP as a person that has been around for months/years.

Also I believe that some crafters should have less HP than combat players.

If you are a tailor, you likely wont have much HP, unless you also are a combat toon.

If you are a blacksmith, or a hunter (hunting skill) you would tend to be more rugged, and have more HP, but likely not as much as a trained Warrior in the arts of Axes and Unarmed combat.

Frrom my understanding this would work like combat damage works.

The higher the skill the higher the damage, if the skill falls the damage falls with it.. I'd suspect HP would do the same?

Foot with axe (more like the leg and foot), and many times with a hammer all over the place. Hammers dont even hurt much. Ive even had a hammer drop right on my head with no hard hat on.

My point is that you would be knocked out with 1 hit from Mike most likely, unless you were toughened up. While boxers who train and get tough wouldnt. Unless it was just a well placed hit, and they were doing something wrong.

Hit points is a computer game's way to saying how much punishment your body overall can take. Last I checked people can die from 1 small knife hit to the chest. While other people can live through 100s of knife stabbings.
    In hand-to-hand combat you might be right. But if there are weapons involved, no personal strength or combat skills count when someone is hit. A person may die if he is hit by the head by an axe while another one survives...but it doesn't depend on if they were trained for combat or not, more of their genes. Avoiding hits do depend on combat training, but the surviving of the hits doesn't. So to have the same HP for everyone should be considered imo. A warrior will have a huge advantages against a tailor anyway, due to his higher DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    In hand-to-hand combat you might be right. But if there are weapons involved, no personal strength or combat skills count when someone is hit. A person may die if he is hit by the head by an axe while another one survives...but it doesn't depend on if they were trained for combat or not, more of their genes. Avoiding hits do depend on combat training, but the surviving of the hits doesn't. So to have the same HP for everyone should be considered imo. A warrior will have a huge advantages against a tailor anyway, due to his higher DPS.

Genes = stats IMO

Untrained fighters would be knocked out a lot faster than a trained one. Your body can take more punishment when its trained and able to take the beatings.

HP is simply a gaming tool used to measure when someone is knocked out or killed.
    Yes getting stabbed through the eye into your brain can kill you with a needle.

Others can take a bat to the head and walk away unphased.

If they want to base it on stats only, thats fine also, I dont think that all people have the same HP. Because there is no way it takes the same amount to knock someone out as it does another.

Avoiding hits does depend on combat training, however, having the body from the training to do it is also required. If you sat pushing papers all your life never working out and letting your body go, you will not be able to dodge attacks, even if you knew what to do.

DPS is a totally different topic. Yes people that know how to use a weapon will do more damage. As would people with stronger arms or faster reactions.

Genes = stats IMO

Untrained fighters would be knocked out a lot faster than a trained one. Your body can take more punishment when its trained and able to take the beatings.
    Stats as genes...not really. We can't train our genes, nor can we make them any better.

Your body can be as trained as it can get, if you are hit with an axe it doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Stats as genes...not really. We can't train our genes, nor can we make them any better.

Your body can be as trained as it can get, if you are hit with an axe it doesn't matter at all.
    I should say genes effect stats. Like your genes are kinda like your starting stats.