Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Nothing stops you from being good Its just a setting on a tribe If you cannot do the time, dont do the crime
    It seems to me that the whole point of even having good and evil alignments is so that they feed off of one another...you know, fight, no holds barred and see who comes out on top, with equal footing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystais View Post
    It discourages trespassing, plain and simple. Changing it will only encourage idiots to come waltzing into another tribe's safe zone for the sole purpose of pissing off that tribe and getting them to attack.

No one is forcing you to trespass and no one is forcing the tribe to attack trespassers.
    Why even bother having pvp in the game then? Why bother marketing the game as a post apocalyptic setting when virtually nothing that would happen in a post apocalyptic world is possible?

Quote Originally Posted by bodangly View Post
    I am sorely disappointed to see all the apologists in this thread. This is clearly a broken mechanic.

The attacker must be flagged to the victim. No one should be able to kill another player with 0 risk, the thought of it is absurdly imbalanced and unfair. Never have I seen a mechanic such as this in my long MMO career dating back to MUDs.
    A good and succinct post.

agree with the above

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmaster13 View Post
    double post ugh...
    You should be more concerned with the shitty trespassing analogy you made than the double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    Why even bother having pvp in the game then? Why bother marketing the game as a post apocalyptic setting when virtually nothing that would happen in a post apocalyptic world is possible?
    No one knows what would happen in such a world.
    Right now the focus of the game is to build a foundation for the game's future.
    If you're joining the game at this time strictly for pvp, you might have a problem :/.
    But whether the system is working as intended or not, only the devs can say.

lol and jeebus use the edit button.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    If I understand you correctly, you're referring to the fact that the devs want to remove the safezones after the "Prelude" period. And you do have a good point. The no-griefing zones are temporary features set up to give the world-builders a head start. Anyone who does not have their house in order and their defenses secured by the time pvp rules are relaxed post-Prelude is in for a world of hurt. And I am looking forward to the challenge of defending society against the forces of chaos.
    This is really what us members of the Shadowbane community are waiting with baited breath for. We're all for the random open world pvp, that suits us just fine, we're used to random 1v1 battles and whatnot, but our forte is group versus group city seiging, we did it for years, we have the organization, the know-how and the will to ensure that war turns in our favor.

Frankly, people will wish that they were stuck with random griefing, the tears over that won't compare to those that come from their precious city being reduced to rubble and ash.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    No one knows what would happen in such a world.
    Right now the focus of the game is to build a foundation for the game's future.
    If you're joining the game at this time strictly for pvp, you might have a problem :/.
    But whether the system is working as intended or not, only the devs can say.

lol and jeebus use the edit button.
    It's pretty easy to anticipate what would happen with a high degree of certainty in a post apoc scenario, especially on a macro scale. I'm not sure if you're from the US, but an easy case study is post-Katrina New Orleans, and that would be just the tip of the iceberg.

And edit button???

There are many mechanics not in/working atm that will all affect PvP and so to get all up in heat about this mechanic needing to be fixed now is silly. I would rather see them get the world mostly stable and lagfree first then start implementing their game mechanics/tools as they move closer towards launch (cause this game is definitely still beta at most.)

Seems like the OP is mostly concerned that he can't grief someone properly, tho since is it really that hard to notice "Im on someone's land and they are running to attack me..." hmmm maybe if I want to fight back I should get off their land first then see what happens. giving the totem area as safe to players (at the moment) allows people to play without being griefed repeatedly on their lands. So you might not like the mechanic but if you want to PvP at the moment do it off people lands since you are helpless on their land (broken or not.)

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    It's pretty easy to anticipate what would happen with a high degree of certainty in a post apoc scenario, especially on a macro scale. I'm not sure if you're from the US, but an easy case study is post-Katrina New Orleans, and that would be just the tip of the iceberg.

And edit button???
    But the twist here is that everyone has lost their memories.

Edit button is left of reply and reply with quote.