Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Haha PvP is FAR more than a matter of getting more players. Far, far, far more.

As far as activity, I'm generally finding a good-humored community that likes to joke around and help each other out. New players are welcomed, questions answered, and help offered readily.

It is not a huge player-base at the moment, but it's certainly not a ghost town.
    It is very much a sandbox game in that some of the fun you will have will be of your own making. How imaginative are your goals. Does one even set goals for themselves. You won't find quests guiding you to the next thing you should do... it's up to you to do what you want.
    The crafting is well developed and involved. There are TONS of different schematics to mess around with that will require a broad skillset. City building is part of that, and what is possible with the various architectural components really is very cool. This includes the opportunity to completely terraform your homestead, or tribeland, as you wish.

The development cycle is quite active, and while certain aspects may be a work in progress, the work is in fact progressing.

I don't think PvP is a very big component at the moment. It's never been my focus though so can't say much to that. The little plot of land you claim for yourself will be safe, but the rest of the world is open and fair game.
    I think the point of saying "more players" is that would make finding targets easier. However, I don't get the sense of an obsessively aggressive community. That may not be a good fit for those in need of constant conflict and strife. Plenty of that on any news channel to be honest.

Name's Book in game, give a shout if you do join. Be glad to help out, as would many other folks.

Oh, and one notable difference with wurm, yes, your arms do move! far out.

My question would be is the game still having server issues? Is combat fixed yet? Been a very long time since I even logged in to test the game. Wrote it off as vaporware to tell you the truth.

I am interested in coming back but don't know if it is even worth the time from what I seen at the launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbrand View Post
    My question would be is the game still having server issues? Is combat fixed yet? Been a very long time since I even logged in to test the game. Wrote it off as vaporware to tell you the truth.

I am interested in coming back but don't know if it is even worth the time from what I seen at the launch.
    the game is nothing like at launch, combat is almost identical to m&b and server is very stable - no lag issues for me at all.

I think the combat still needs work and balancing. But I can see its doing pretty well as far as coming along. Yes it has issues with it. Things like dodge not put into the game. Parry has balancing issues (no one really uses it at all right now).

Weapons need balancing as purpose. No real reason to use a pick over an axe. No special moves (even M&B has them). Archery isnt put into the game. M&B archery is a huge part of the game. Plus it has 2 handed weapons also shields play a huge role.

All in all its coming along but needs work. I wouldnt say that its a middle finger to the modern indie industry. Very small team of devs takes time for this to work out.

I'm having a lot of fun in game, I can see why others are not. PVP is lacking (20 to 75 people online doesnt do much for a 10240x10240 meter map with no mounts or fast travel when it comes to finding someone). My biggest grip right now is there is nothing to fear or work for. Animals are a joke to kill (1 to 2 hits for me even bears which are the strongest animals currently). I've seen 1 second old players stand toe to toe to a bear and kill it with over 1/2 their life left.
    People dont need to eat, drink, craft, or have shelter. So really people drop a totem, in about a few days quit with going "What was I supposed to do?". Granted I think many people need a little hand holding. Few (like many of the ones currently playing) can make reasons to play and do well at it.

Like right now. I have all the skills maxed out (other than things like firebuilding) but building this castle has been pretty fun. Got about 10 people working on it and its taking over a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahln View Post
    Haha, it's identical in the sense that Golden-eye is nearly identical to BF3 -- They both have guns and aiming, right?

Xsyon's combat is a really blatant copy of M&B's combat, just super poorly done. This is the kind of stuff that indie games get slammed over (copying other games, poorly), yet somehow this aspect of Xsyon is endearing to folks like KeithStone. Xsyon is basically a big middle finger to the modern indie industry.
    why do you still come to this forum?