Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Macroers

Quote Originally Posted by Surly View Post
    <snip>
    In the mean time, I run a macro every night when I go to bed to grind up something or another.
    <snip>
    I hope the GM's don't notice that remark...

If the skill system makes it possible for a player to have 100 (or more) in multiple skills, then people will try their utmost to achieve that, just because they can.

And if it's do-able with macro's, it's no hassle for the player, so why not max out every possible skill while sleeping or watching TV ? Besides, being a Master Crafter in all crafting disciplines is very handy, it makes the character entirely self-sufficient.

Of course, skills that your character uses regularly will increase by themselves over time, but everyone wants "Max levels NAO!!1!", because the common perception is that "you can only start playing properly when you've reached the level cap".

We should just do away with skill increases entirely. Pick your character stats/skills at creation and that's it. That way, we'll only have the harvesting macro's to contend with...

Why because this is a serious matter of serious urgency that needs urgent attention immediately?

The entire AFG macro, why don't you come find us and report us all, actually I think I just found you bunch of gibbering simpletons a new task so I no longer need to hear you all drone on about your mundane existance. Yes the server is lagging, thanks for being simpleton number 201 to report this fact.

Here is a red armband. I want you to wear this armband and report every macroer you can find. There's no reward other than the feeling you're important and actually making a difference.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Gromitovsky View Post
    Why because this is a serious matter of serious urgency that needs urgent attention immediately?

The entire AFG macro, why don't you come find us and report us all, actually I think I just found you bunch of gibbering simpletons a new task so I no longer need to hear you all drone on about your mundane existance. Yes the server is lagging, thanks for being simpleton number 201 to report this fact.

Here is a red armband. I want you to wear this armband and report every macroer you can find. There's no reward other than the feeling you're important and actually making a difference.

Good luck.
    You're right, of course

Macro's are totally unimportant and have no effect on the game at all. Silly of the dev's to even bother listing macro use as a violation of the ToS. They probably only put that in there because they saw other games have it too...

Nothing to see here, move along...

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    You're right, of course

Macro's are totally unimportant and have no effect on the game at all. Silly of the dev's to even bother listing macro use as a violation of the ToS. They probably only put that in there because they saw other games have it too...

Move along

Move along

Move along

No meaningful penalty will be assessed

So, the rhetorical question becomes:

How high is the bleed rate of what are now former subscribers?

Not high yet; the game just isn't old enough

But it soon will be

You're right, of course

Read the ToS some time. Lol @ trying to sound intelligent using bits of misheard and miscommunicated information...

The PROBLEM is that macros CAN have an effect on the game. The character system literally begs for it, because everything is doable and everything is repetitive (AND BORING). Macroing in itself is not a problem in any sense; a recruitment macro or dance macro is not really going to 'break the game.' Making the emphasis on a grind, and making that grind easy to macro is what is going to 'break the game.'

Quote Originally Posted by Phazaar View Post
    Read the ToS some time. Lol @ trying to sound intelligent using bits of misheard and miscommunicated information...

The PROBLEM is that macros CAN have an effect on the game. The character system literally begs for it, because everything is doable and everything is repetitive (AND BORING). Macroing in itself is not a problem in any sense; a recruitment macro or dance macro is not really going to 'break the game.' Making the emphasis on a grind, and making that grind easy to macro is what is going to 'break the game.'
    I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystais View Post
    I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
    To me, that sarcasm seems to suggest he thinks macroing is gamebreaking, and that it WASN'T stupid of the devs to put it in the ToS... In which case, I stick by my original ridicule. If it's not sarcastic and he means it, good man

buncha retarded cheaters everywhere i go

They probably only put that in there because they saw other games have it too...
    welll....funny that you mention this...

I would say it might be possible!

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...t-liable-to-us

Anyhow I personally think simple Macro's should be allowed. Those that do not make you play the game faster, but just take away mundane task of pressing the same sequence of buttons over and over again. Clearly you have to be at the PC while running such a macro. However at the end, it is the Dev's game and it his call and clearly in the TOS it states you can not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surly View Post
    Jumping, terraforming, axe skill, hiding, running, swimming, brickmaking, etcetera... I've got most of those up to 100 now. Do I have an "unfair" advantage?
    Maybe a head start, everyone will get these raised before too long.

More importantly though, how do you raise axe skill?