Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Dubanka I dont think anyone is saying that the game is perfect as is; what I think they are saying is that they are still having fun right now .
    I am still having a lot of fun; if it is like it is now in 3-6 months I will not be.
    Everyone wants more content; more for everyone to do.

I think the problem is on both sides is that we see our selves as sides.
    Both "peaceniks" and "PVP douches" (I'm using offensive terms on purpose) need to come together as neither of us can survive alone.
    If there are no peace loving crafters PVPers won't have armor, weapons, or anyone to kill and take from.
    Without PVPers peaceful crafters mean nothing cause who will use our gear also taking out PVPers makes resources too common which eliminates trade.

Also personally I like the fear I get when my 30 in all combat stats self out to visit/find resources; it is exciting.
    I think most of the "peace crowd" is just afraid that they will be surrounded by douches that kill them over and over for hours on end and grief them.

So let's stop all of this bickering and come together to assist the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    You're repeatedly asserting that other people's comments are based on their hatred, "hardcore image", and other purported personality defects, rather than sensible gameplay observations and suggestions. That's character assassination, the most dishonest of all dishonest debate tactics, in its purest form – and no amount of jaded sarcasm will change that.
    Well if it walks like a duck...

There is general consensus among the community that the game needs to be "fleshed out" immensely, and that the driving forces behind expansion and retention of the population are simply not present yet. Too many are deaf to this due to their own incessant chest pounding. That is my point.

Separation from one's infallible persona might provide much needed perspective and clarity.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by darkbladed View Post
    Dubanka I dont think anyone is saying that the game is perfect as is; what I think they are saying is that they are still having fun right now .
    For what it's worth, DB (::immature giggle:, a lot of people seem to be insulting players who are bored with the current state of play, saying they're short-sighted or unimaginative if they're not satisfied with what's already available.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    Ahh Jadzia, always looking at Xsyon through rose coloured glasses
    Maybe Or maybe I knew what I was getting into, thats why I'm not frustrated.

I was here when they first announced the launch day...15th of March. In 2010. Then they modified it to 15th of April. Then to 20 of May. Then to 15th of Jun. Then to 25th of August. Then in August they said it will be launched 'when ready'. I've been here for more than a year now and saw the development speed. Yes, it was (and still is) very slow. It took months to implement basic features.

When Jordi said that the game will launch in March 2011 he was honest and admitted that its necessary to keep the development going. I accepted the fact that the game has to launch in an unfinished state otherwise it may never ever launch.

As I said I saw the development pace. I expect Prelude to go for 12 month MINIMUM. It won't end after 6-9 months. I never expected any new content in the first 3-4 month after launch, if we get anything I'll be surprised. I hope they will switch decay and item quality on soon, since it was working during beta only got switched off because of the lag issues. With these 2 things the economy may survive.

If we get cooking and perhaps taming in like 4 months I'll be glad.

Is the state of the game good ? No, not really, but its still fun for many of us. Would it be better if it was full with new features ? Of course. Can we do anything about it ? No. We can wait patiently or leave. Complaining on forums doesn't help even a tiny little bit. The devs are working day and night, they just can't do more. I accepted this in May, thats why I'm still here. Anyone who expect a faster development will be disappointed. Will we see a big drop of the numbers of players ? For sure. Will there be enough players to help the game survive ? I hope so, but we will see.

Is it correct business to launch an unfinished game ? It is if they were honest about it. Were they honest enough ? No, I don't think so. It would have been much better to be more frank about the state of the game. Though the devs hardly advertised the game, or they didn't advertise it at all, so we can't blame them for that. It were the players who started the hype in February, and I was worried when I saw that. Its never good to promise non-existent features to people to get them to buy a game. And the word 'potential' makes me want to scream, lol. Who buys a game for potential ? I buy a game for what it is not what it might become one day.

And I see another problem. Players simply don't like to believe some facts if they don't like it. So they are like 'ok they said so but we will see', they keep living in denial and when they actually get to see that they were wrong they start complaining. This is plain stupid imo.

Its not about PvP pr peace. Its about accepting the game as it is now, being able to wait and have fun meanwhile or choosing to complain. I understand everyone who is upset about the promised but still missing features like comfort, item and skill decay, taming, archery, animals, better combat. But I have no sympathy toward anyone who complains about features that were never promised.

I understand where you coming from. But if nothing new, particularly a decent combat system, is introduced within the pre-order free time period very few people are going to stump up a monthly subscription fee to continue playing. I love the game, but cannot see myself continuing on with the at present limited content and abilities. I and a lot of other people want to see the game do well, but are not prepared to pay a subscription without concrete development of the game. At the moment, all we have had is stabilization and optimization of the game itself, which should have been done in the past year

6. 04-05-2011, 09:09 AM

We need an in game PVP system if for no other reason than to cool off the forums

Just would like to mention when i bought this game i came into it expecting nothing what so ever. i had zero hopes and ambitions for it and decided to try it. so far going from not expecting anything from the game i have grown to like it for what it does have and throw that word potential around a bunch.

this game is like the spiritual successor to UO, if the lag issue and animal problem are solved in this month then they can move on to other issues. thats all we need right now to tied a major part of the player population, if they can turn on item decay in the next month that will stimulate the economy.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Maybe Or maybe I knew what I was getting into, thats why I'm not frustrated.

I was here when they first announced the launch day...15th of March. In 2010. Then they modified it to 15th of April. Then to 20 of May. Then to 15th of Jun. Then to 25th of August. Then in August they said it will be launched 'when ready'. I've been here for more than a year now and saw the development speed. Yes, it was (and still is) very slow. It took months to implement basic features.

When Jordi said that the game will launch in March 2011 he was honest and admitted that its necessary to keep the development going. I accepted the fact that the game has to launch in an unfinished state otherwise it may never ever launch.

As I said I saw the development pace. I expect Prelude to go for 12 month MINIMUM. It won't end after 6-9 months. I never expected any new content in the first 3-4 month after launch, if we get anything I'll be surprised. I hope they will switch decay and item quality on soon, since it was working during beta only got switched off because of the lag issues. With these 2 things the economy may survive.

If we get cooking and perhaps taming in like 4 months I'll be glad.
    In fairness Jadzia, it sounds like you did not, at any point, know what you were getting into, until after you had experienced a full calendar year of disappointment. Instead, the rug was repeatedly pulled out from under you, and you're now desensitized to the frustration that comes along with being treated that way.

Back when VD was still active, we used to joke in vent that playing Xsyon is like being in an abusive relationship. There's that temptation to think, "it's not that bad... things are probably like this for everyone... he only hits me because he loves me so much!"

It was funny because it was true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    In fairness Jadzia, it sounds like you did not, at any point, know what you were getting into, until after you had experienced a full calendar year of disappointment. Instead, the rug was repeatedly pulled out from under you, and you're now desensitized to the frustration that comes along with being treated that way.

Back when VD was still active, we used to joke in vent that playing Xsyon is like being in an abusive relationship. There's that temptation to think, "it's not that bad... things are probably like this for everyone... he only hits me because he loves me so much!"

It was funny because it was true.
    Back in last March I didn't know. But after 2 delayed launch I did know. I had the option to ask for a refund or to wait and I knew that if I decide to wait I'll need a lot of patience. I'm not saying that players HAVE to be patient, I chose to be.

I'm glad that the game launched and I'm having fun. Don't know how long, but I can only play 2-3 hours a day, my highest skill is like 40, and I haven't touched terraforming and arch yet, so I still have a lot to do. Its sad that you don't enjoy the game, but its not a reason to think that others don't

11. 04-05-2011, 09:41 AM

12. 04-05-2011, 09:41 AM

13. 04-05-2011, 09:51 AM

14. 04-05-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Back in last March I didn't know. But after 2 delayed launch I did know. I had the option to ask for a refund or to wait and I knew that if I decide to wait I'll need a lot of patience. I'm not saying that players HAVE to be patient, I chose to be.

I'm glad that the game launched and I'm having fun. Don't know how long, but I can only play 2-3 hours a day, my highest skill is like 40, and I haven't touched terraforming and arch yet, so I still have a lot to do. Its sad that you don't enjoy the game, but its not a reason to think that others don't
    Exactly. This entire notion that the game isn't fun is just false. It is fun. And, while those who aren't having fun fill their time berating those of us who give our opinions about the current state of the game, they continue to forget that we submit gameplay suggestions and hope for a deeper combat system as much as the next person.

I do want a better combat system. I do want more features like animal taming, archery, smithing, and cooking. I want more recipes, weapons, and armor. I want a functioning tree regrowth, animal re-population, and comfort level system. But, just because I want those things, doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't be able to have fun with what is present and working in-game. Nor should it mean that me describing my fun on these forums should be met with irrational disbelief that can be summarized by saying, "I'm not having fun! So only an idiot could possible be having fun."

I mean, why so Sirius?