Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: death

there are a good number of resources/items that are rare to some or took a while to gather that going back for them is mandatory. just because something isn't valueable to you doesn't mean its not valueable to anyone.

how about the noobs. fresh out the gate run up kill em, boomb ported to some random place on the map with nothing. only option is to reroll at that point, at least there going to thing thats the casae.

how about if you dont remember where your corpse is there is no waypoints. .

list goes on and on. only thing i think we need to change for death is to teather the ghost to the corpse and maybe prevent aplayer from taking more than will encumber them or a slight percentage over that.

there are a good number of resources/items that are rare to some or took a while to gather that going back for them is mandatory. just because something isn't valueable to you doesn't mean its not valueable to anyone.

how about the noobs. fresh out the gate run up kill em, boomb ported to some random place on the map with nothing. only option is to reroll at that point, at least there going to thing thats the casae.

list goes on and on. only thing i think we need to change for death is to teather the ghost to the corpse and maybe prevent aplayer from taking more than will encumber them or a slight percentage over that.

Getting waypoints isn't an issue. You stand there so long as a ghost, if you don't make note of your coords then the failing is on you.

A valid point about new players tho. They die, spawn on that island in the north of the lake and lose their gear...that's enough to make some want to quit. A possible fix would be making new players non-lootable until they either they join a tribe or form a homestead. Either one of those actions will happen rather quickly.

I somewhat agree with the encumbrance. It doesn't make sense that you can pick up more than you can actually carry. But the fix that's in place for that atm works, to a degree. You lose stam so fast when burdened to max and over that you're quite vulnerable.

Really I think spawning at the totem is the only way to go, with or without corpse runs. It prevents a player from being griefed by a PKer and it prevents the victim from, in turn, griefing the Pker.

Asheron's Call had corpse runs but in that game they were made important. You'd leave behind something of value to you. Whether it was money notes, casting components or some of your armor. In this game I just don't see the same value placed on any/all items that would get left behind. It's all so easily replaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post

You still have a death timer.. if your such a moron you don't know where you died or remember to write down the coords before you select the res button that sends you to the totem you deserve to lose your stuff..

and DADE your a punk bro... "I usually am nekkid when I am out exploring" Why not man up put on some nice gear and fight if someone finds you( in your own words theres nothing in this game you can't replace in 10 minutes) .. . I'm usually wearing a complete set of leather armor with a bear blade knife... it would Suck to die and lose it all but I would rather die from fighting and someone getting me than to be afraid of losing my precious pixels.

Xyberviri.. you should be able to do either.. not one or the other.. I also suggested doing a revive, heal and cure skill tree as well. But until any of that stuff is implemented I think you should have the option to res yourself in the wilderness with very low health instead of only being allowed to go back to your totem. You also seem concerned about griefing.. that why I said there should be the option of ressing at your corpse... I don't think it should be forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    Getting waypoints isn't an issue. You stand there so long as a ghost, if you don't make note of your coords then the failing is on you.

A valid point about new players tho. They die, spawn on that island in the north of the lake and lose their gear...that's enough to make some want to quit. A possible fix would be making new players non-lootable until they either they join a tribe or form a homestead. Either one of those actions will happen rather quickly.

I somewhat agree with the encumbrance. It doesn't make sense that you can pick up more than you can actually carry. But the fix that's in place for that atm works, to a degree. You lose stam so fast when burdened to max and over that you're quite vulnerable.

Really I think spawning at the totem is the only way to go, with or without corpse runs. It prevents a player from being griefed by a PKer and it prevents the victim from, in turn, griefing the Pker.

Asheron's Call had corpse runs but in that game they were made important. You'd leave behind something of value to you. Whether it was money notes, casting components or some of your armor. In this game I just don't see the same value placed on any/all items that would get left behind. It's all so easily replaceable.
    Agree with all you said. I'd prefer no corpse run since it would help a lot to the economy.

I still think that reviving back at your corpse for the first 3 times is better, within 45min.
    Its eliminates allot of exploits of any kind.
    1. Its removes the need to load zones for every kill. Right now the loading is slow.
    2. Second if a player killed by a bear, it removes the travel time around 20min.
    3. It removes an exploit for players to teleport back to their base.
    4. Time to loot right now is really minimal.
    5. If you kill 2 players at the same time, you have no time to loot all of them.

--------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Agree with all you said. I'd prefer no corpse run since it would help a lot to the economy.
    You made No sense what so ever. Zadzia you totally want to make this game for your self. I see how you are. You hate PVP, and you will do anything to make PVPers suffer in anyway. You suggesting all ideas against PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    You made No sense what so ever. Zadzia you totally want to make this game for your self. I see how you are. You hate PVP, and you will do anything to make PVPers suffer in anyway. You suggesting all ideas against PVP.
    Lol. Please elaborate how no corpse run is against PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Lol. Please elaborate how no corpse run is against PvP.
    Simple, once they die, you dont want them to return even to loot their corpse. hahah
    Because you dont want them in thinking of attacking you again. SIMPLE !!!!

by allowing people to instantly teleport you make suicide a viable option to exploit travel.

By forcing a persons things to remain on the ground you give people a reason to fight and to try to protect their belongings. It also creates a reason to travel in packs instead of solo.
    I think you should be able to res where you are or return to your totem .. your thing should remain lootable until you make it to your totem.. and are fully alive again. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    by allowing people to instantly teleport you make suicide a viable option to exploit travel.

By forcing a persons things to remain on the ground you give people a reason to fight and to try to protect their belongings. It also creates a reason to travel in packs instead of solo.
    I think you should be able to res where you are or return to your totem .. your thing should remain lootable until you make it to your totem.. and are fully alive again. IMO
    +5 Great point. We need more people like you to post their information. Or the carebears (haters) will overrun us.