Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Come on folks, do PLEASE not start to yell at each other, because one poster tries to insult me even before I started to work. The reply-post about my "passive aggressive response" (shit I like this term) only shows, that I was right with my guess. And my "passive aggressive" style made answer him more in detail, what he dislikes.

So I would say:
    1:0 for me, cause I made a nagging costumer becomming constructive.

I am old enough to look over his personal insults against me, so do not worry about it. It is not my preferred way to communicate and I hope, the we will find a better way to speak with each other. To step into a "flame war" will surely not help to improve this game and therefore I will not respond in depth on his accusations of me being inexperienced.

But for those of you, who would like to know a bit more about my skills as a programmer, my first C programm was written on an Atari ST back in the midth 1980s (I really can't remeber the year) and it was a terminal emulation. My last C++ project I handled as a project manager was in 2009. Actually this project consisted of C++, VB.Net and PHP code. I am current in PHP, Java, C#.Net on a mamanger level, meaning I can read, understand and evaluate the code from the programmers. If needed I can ofc also generate code myself, but that is not my main task. I germany, I am member in a committee from the chamber of commerce (IHK) who gives out the official certification for software-developers.

So to sum it up: I have more than 20 years experience in the process of software development and I was suggested to read "An Introduction to C++ For Dummies" by someone who has no clue who I am and what I did in my life.
    Well I am a humorous guy, it took me almost ten minutes to stop laughing

I am thankful for your support, but please do not take such posts to serious, I am grown up and can handle critisicm and as said before, I got the answer from oneyedwnag I wanted to have. The hard way, but I got it.

Danathur

Ebenfalls herzlich willkommen,

but the siege mechanic sounds a little bit complicated. but i will wait for a proper announcement/discussion in a later thread.
    I appreciate more coders and designers. It will hopefully get things implemented/released faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Danathur View Post
    So I would say:
    1:0 for me, cause I made a nagging costumer becomming constructive.
    Just by this statement, you've already won my heart!!!

Good show!

Just would like to point out, you've already got the job

Thanks for sharing more about your experience and background though, it's always nice to get to know folks better.

*Must drink more coffee, and ponder if this is the day I bring Dirt some sand.*

firstly, welcome to the new dev you have an uphill battle in front of you but it sounds like you are up for the challenge. to that i say good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    The point being -- New Quahog seems to be a breeding ground for people who like to bitch moan and complain, and when they dont get their way, they cry about how unfair it is and how bad this game is and how bad the devs or the guides or whom ever is at their job.
    i realize you don't enjoy what oneeyedwang has said, but please avoid broad brushing all of new quahog. if you don't like what he said then fine, but no need to lob grenades at the whole tribe. thanks

Welcome Danathur,

This is actually my first post on the forums, however I've been reading them for a few weeks now. Thank you for your honesty, and stating the intentions of the team for the upcoming content being implemented. On a side note, if you had'nt mentioned that English wasn't your first language, I would'nt have noticed! Good luck to you!

Hello and morning. Welcome to Xsyon and the community. Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by AngelusDD View Post

but the siege mechanic sounds a little bit complicated. but i will wait for a proper announcement/discussion in a later thread.
    You also think manual parry/block are "too complicated".

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    however, chose not to engage the bears, or each other. Tryste, Agayek, and Wang were the triad.
    Why do you feel the need to drag our names through the mud as a whole, regardless of how you feel about any individual member of our tribe. Yes, Wang and i both expressed our frustrations about this event, but unless you feel the need to start a thread about us, this thread was hardly the time or place to bring up such resentments and/or accusations against us. Feel free to start one, and i will explain our actions in more detail, until then, keep the thread on topic.

Danathur, first let me say thank you, for engaging in what has clearly proved to be a hostile community, i'm sure you can understand our outbursts and frustrations from months of being told "soon" and seeing nothing done. Those of us who have been hanging on by a thread, are really just waiting to see something, anything, which shows of progress. I'm sure server side optimizations are needed, and great, but since i am not able to see how that effects me, i frankly am not impressed. I think i can stand to speak for the rest of the community in saying a lot of us would prefer seeing something in the way of progress, even if its a half finished feature, just so we have the optimism of hoping for the future.

In beta;
    we had quality and tooltips turned on - which have now been turned off
    we had tree and grass regrowth - which have now been turned off
    we had animals respawning in some form of AI - which have now been turned off

So while there are those who want to bash the few who are expressing their dissatisfaction with the fact that we are indeed further behind then when we were in our beta stage, understand that i personally, am not wholely dissatisfied with the game as a whole, only with the lack of updates, communication, and visual progress.

Updates are supposed to happen every Wednesday as that is the scheduled patch day, and i dont recall seeing any patch within the last 6 weeks. Other than the supposed animal AI one... which is hard to believe as animal behavior hasnt changed.

Communication is at an absolute standstill for the playerbase. While we have had Dezgard to talk to in IRC, and guides responding to some threads on the forums, the fact still remains that there is little to no internal communication between the developers. No one seems to know about anything, so trying to communicate anything other than nonsensical soliloquies is excruciatingly painful for the community.

Visual progress to represent actual feature progress, and not the updated graphics that are supposed to quell the masses, sure, its pretty, but completely unnecessary.

So while there are those of us that appreciate your tenacity, the game is already a ghost town, and i sincerely hope that there are changed on the nearby horizon that are communicated to us, since 'soon' is not a viable answer any longer, or this game will be non existent in the near future. Most tribes dont even bother to log in any more, and half of ours is on extended leave until things change.

Danathur, sorry about the asshats bitching at you. Would have been nice if you had at least been able to settle in to your new desk before these losers started beaking off. There is an ignore option on these forums and it was put there to ignore these boobs (retards). They used to teach us that "the customer is always right", but that was twenty years ago and the general respect level in our society has become downright deplorable. When customers come into my shop and start acting mouthy, i tell them to leave, i dont ask them to leave , i tell them to leave. I dont want their money nor do i want to see their faces again. Keeps it simple and hopefully (but doubtfully) they do a little introspective character analysis and learn a little about themselves when the door finishes hitting them in the ass. Again, sorry about these mouthy know-it-alls, its embarrassing reading their posts. Good luck to you.
    EDIT; looks as though the ignore function in accounts section of forums is for in-game ignore list only. Sorry bout that!