Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    There was a show in Discovery channel a little while ago called "Life After People". I think it would do the devs some good to watch this series. It's extremely interesting and could also provide some good lessons in making the Xsyon world. (Available on Netflix online if anyone wants to look it over)

For instance, what if the map exposed a defunct nuclear plant that had a catastrophe hit it shortly after we went into hiding?

What if there was a zoo in an area that housed large exotic beasts that survived in the world without us around?

What about an oil refinery or pipeline?

There would be lots of relics left over by civilization that could very well change the landscape and environment around them without humanity around to keep things in check.

Since there is both a sun and moon cycle I can bet that you'll eventually see some crazy things happen during an eclipse...

Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    There was a show in Discovery channel a little while ago called "Life After People". I think it would do the devs some good to watch this series. It's extremely interesting and could also provide some good lessons in making the Xsyon world. (Available on Netflix online if anyone wants to look it over)

For instance, what if the map exposed a defunct nuclear plant that had a catastrophe hit it shortly after we went into hiding?

What if there was a zoo in an area that housed large exotic beasts that survived in the world without us around?

What about an oil refinery or pipeline?

There would be lots of relics left over by civilization that could very well change the landscape and environment around them without humanity around to keep things in check.
    Ohh I forgot about that show! Soo many cool ideas, I just hope some of them make it in game.

Fallen Earth was boring? FE is in my top 3 fav mmos but to each his own i guess.
    But if you stopped playing right after you started I think you missed out.

I have to disagree... I think you left to early. The game is FILLED with dark humor centered on modern pop culture references and landmarks. I never found riding my bike through a bleak wasteland stumbling upon a settlement of zombies that have taken refuge in an abandoned factory boring.

The PVE and exploration were the only things that kept my subscription going. The failure in maturing PVP/factions/clan functions is why I left.

Dude.... having oil refineries be the "valuable" resource for high end factory buildings that can be built would be good. That and nuc plants for uranium..lol.. some realisticness with acquiring it aside.

Isn’t the take away that most of this stuff would be gone shortly after us?

If they add to much this becomes more like STALKER and doesn’t fit the story. BTW, I am a fan of the series but the ruins and timeline don’t fit here.

yes but over time wouldent we re-discover that kind of stuff.

Depends on when "year zero" is... We maybe discovering just junk piles.

Life After People makes it sound like building will be around for 100+ years. I've seen similar shows were the experts claim much shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by unclean666 View Post
    Fallen Earth was boring? FE is in my top 3 fav mmos but to each his own i guess.
    But if you stopped playing right after you started I think you missed out.
    I played through most of S1, and it was ok. Exploration was boring, and that is a big deal to me. Also, that game is screaming to be a sandbox, and they stop just short of it in a lot of ways. I guess if I had to explain why it bored me, it would be to say that it was too much of one thing, and not enough of the other. Seems like they are trying to strike a balance as a hybrid theme park / sandbox and I found it lacking.

I can understand why other people like it though. Xsyon (or the original vision of Mortal Online) is a much closer approximation to what I wanted FE to be.