Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You obviously haven't tried to PvP with 25-30 people from different tribes.

Well, most Pkers as soon as they get here state that they are "going to kill everyone" sooo...no point diferentiating.

Now honestly, not even close to a priority in my opinion.

Combat is actually still in the workshop and will most likelly suffer a major overhaul. There's even actually close to no point in fighting right now, seeing that armor and weapons serve no in-game purpose. Besides, in the lag storm, you cant even attack, less alone turn around to see if your're hiting the right guy. The guy your attacking might as well be on his way to his tribe and you're still seeing him in front of you...

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu View Post
    Hence why they need clan tags. Its not productive having to spend 5 minutes going down the list of tribe members to work out if the guy infront of you is a tribe member or not.
    If anyone in there tribe needs to do this, you've got more problems than tags, I'm sure clan mates will love when you have to ask them if they even belong to your tribe, I think it will really add that personal touch. Nothing says "glad to have you in the clan" better than asking, "who the hell are you again"

The current system (IE, NONE) of clan identification NEEDS to be improved but,As much as I hate the tendency of part of the community around here to try to make the game as Un-intuitive as possible and claim it makes it better, I don't think we need clan tags per se.

The easiest way is to change the color of a player's name. I think this is a good start, but it is a little hamfisted.

The hardest way is to rely on players to choose outfits or colors and for members to follow that rule. This is a good idea... but a large majority of players just won't, plain and simple. We can discuss reasons all day why not of they should, but they won't. Some will, most won't. At least not without a game incentive... Plus, this has the downside that ANYONE can pretend to be in your clan, or possibly worse, another clan could look like you for further confusion. So it really doesn't help the problem of having to sort through your list to see if someone is really on your team since you'd do it anyway.

I think a good in-between would be to change the color of your tribe's players ONLY when they are displaying the correct colors, and preferably an option to require them on a certain body part.

Example: Clan member names show up in Green or w/e, but only if they are wearing a dark blue (Your tribe color) hat item.

This helps prevent too much confusion, as well as maintaining the easy-to-ID name color change. Plus it promotes wearing tribe colors, which is a feature I want observed more, personally.

I am certain there will be proponents of the WE NEED TO SPY ON PEOPLE voicing their opposition (Do you really? What can't you learn just by jogging by?), but they will oppose any suggestion. I am more interested to know what people who DO want tribe identification think of this as a compromise.

You can argue whether the differentiation be uniforms, name tag colors, blinking lights or whatever. I think the first thing that should be agreed upon is that we need something. Once the developers buy into that, we can press for one method or another. I definitely agree that something is needed. Not for PvP (although it would greatly help), not for Kill on Site purposes, not for aesthetics, not for the ability to not kill an ally who happens to be in your way.....ok maybe all of these things.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer0901 View Post
    If anyone in there tribe needs to do this, you've got more problems than tags, I'm sure clan mates will love when you have to ask them if they even belong to your tribe, I think it will really add that personal touch. Nothing says "glad to have you in the clan" better than asking, "who the hell are you again"
    Lol. "It's funny because it's true."

Quote Originally Posted by mgilbrtsn
    I think the first thing that should be agreed upon is that we need something.
    That's called begging the question, sir.

As has been noted, large tribes are free to dress their tribes up in a uniform set of armor/clothing in order to facilitate easier identification. That's fairly realistic and is the right approach from a gameplay balance perspective. Large tribes don't need (and shouldn't be given) training wheels to help them deal with the downside of having tons of people.