Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    There is a difference between noticing a flash item or noticing the difference in drop in frames per sec. I highly doubt you would notice the difference between 30fps or 25fps. It would look the same to the average eye. Using USAF Pilots as a sample rate, is a bad sample. That would be like using a Formula 1 driver as a basis for hand eye coordination. Or using a pearl free diver as a basis for holding your breath.

This is my FPS running around our camp and outside of it with advanced and soft shadows on. Everything set to high except I keep water interaction, reflection, refraction and rain refraction off. I don't care for most of those. Looks like rain hitting the lens of a camera. Oh and Bloom is off. I hate bloom.

I run this setting while in camp but if I go hunting I will turn off advanced shadow and my FPS jumps to 30-60. The main reason is the freaking 300 plus count tree cluster Fecks. Around our tribe we have plenty of trees but they are spaced out and managed nicely as would be in the mountains. The FPS is fine here. But when I get near those mass overgrowth of hundreds of trees in a single clump, then the frames drop. As I said before, I would like to see tree growth turned off and let us manage the trees. I know I would do a much better job.

My machine is nothing to boast about. It's an Athlon 64 Dual Core 6000 3ghz, 4gigs of ram, Window 7 64 bit and a GTX260-16 GPU. Does it run perfect? Of course not, but the game is very playable.

FPS 20 19 20 20 20 19 19 20 20 19 23 26 28 28 29 25 26 19 20 20 20 21 24 20 23 26 25 21 26 28 27 29 26 20 20 20 22 21 21 22 20 21 22 27 30 28 28 25 27

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    Using USAF Pilots as a sample rate, is a bad sample. That would be like using a Formula 1 driver as a basis for hand eye coordination. Or using a pearl free diver as a basis for holding your breath.
    thats why i gave 3 samples

1st of all i used the example of the usaf pilots identifying airplanes at 1 in 220 FPS as an extreme example of what is humanly posible.

hobbit - filmed in 48fps .... everyone who watches it notices the difference
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-...ixed-reactions

most t.v shows are filmed in 60hz thats 60 FPS

all that im saying is it is completely dependant on the individual

go here and tell me you cant tell the difference between 15 - 30 - 60 FPS
    http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

I think this got off track a bit. This isn't about whether the human eye can detect a single frame at 220FPS it's weather the game play is smooth or not. Do the controls respond quick and accurately? And what is the minimum FPS that game play is not compromised. If this post was about eye candy then I think we were all mislead by the OP, "Game performance still not any good"

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    I think this got off track a bit. This isn't about whether the human eye can detect a single frame at 220FPS it's weather the game play is smooth or not. Do the controls respond quick and accurately? And what is the minimum FPS that game play is not compromised. If this post was about eye candy then I think we were all mislead by the OP, "Game performance still not any good"

http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/

Willow goto this site, and check out 20FPS vs 60FPS and tell me you cant see the diff with that ball moving.
    That's what its like trying to play with 20FPS and running around. If that's "good" for you great but to me it hurts my eyes and not fun to play with. It's not just about "eye candy" its about having fun and being playable.

FPS has little to do with controls not working, I think you are confusing FPS with system lag or game lag.

You should be playing games at 50+ FPS normally without a problem with maybe drops to 30 FPS. Ive seen times with 550ti GTX SLI card and great other system specs in this game where they drop under 25 to 30. Sure I can turn shadows off, and grass, and trees and all the other stuff, but and likely have 50+ FPS all the time. But I also have a very high end grapchics card system.
    The normal player would have to turn all that off to even get 30FPS, clearly you turn it all off and dont even get 25FPS.

If that website is correct then I'm confused because at 60 FPS I detect a very slight shuddering effect in the background video which I don't see on the TV which gets more pronounced as I head From 48 to 30 FPS. I sometimes get the same on you tube videos, but not movies or TV so not too sure about this one. Maybe I'm conscientiously looking out for it because it's a test or there is another mechanic in place that is computer related?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    FPS has little to do with controls not working, I think you are confusing FPS with system lag or game lag..
    Then by you skewed logic, the original post was bullshit since FPS doesn't effect control or game play. With his machine he could easily turn it down and get 60 fps. But he said it's "Not even playable" Which is it DDT? Is it playable or not? Or is this about eye candy?

Yes I get 30 to 60 if I drop the setting down, but even with Adv shadow on I can play the game fine with a benchmark 24fps. But you're right DDT what the Fuck was I thinking this whole last year? I will quit playing now because you and all the other ass hats have convinced me that this game sucks, it's not playable and it's not worth bothering with.

Or I can keep playing, and keep trying to ignore you even though you continue to troll my comments. You called my post Bullshit the other day but I ignored you. I have been ignoring you for a long while even though you keep trolling my comments. Well guess what ass hat, to answer your previous troll, Microsoft announced in 2000 it would be moving to 64 bit architecture. Half life and Unreal Tournament 2004 were designed with32 and 64 bit architecture. Windows releases XP Professional 64 in 2005. Do the math! Stop calling me out on my comments! I have repeatedly said this but you keep trolling my posts. I don't want ANYTHING to do with you so I don't reply to yours. Why can you not do the same?

XSYON IF YOU CANNOT CONTROL YOUR DOG, PLEASE INFORM ME AS I WILL MOVE ON TO ANOTHER GAME WITH DEVELOPERS THAT ACTUALLY CARE! How many people have to drop from the forum and the game before you curb your dog? I don't know who's sisters brothers kid this is, but shut him up or I am gone!

"Arguing with Morons Is like playing chess with a Pigeon; no matter how good you are at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like it's victorious"

Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    1) Chill dude. You're the one getting mad about the words being used in this thread. You KNOW what he means -- the FPS is poor for the graphic quality. That is performance.
    2) You know you have had the ability to block users on this forum for months now, right?
    3) DDT is not someone's dog, he's a person. That is extremely rude to both DDT and Jordi to call him as such. If you can't deal with disagreements in a civil manner you don't belong on an internet forum. You obviously can't handle that privilege.
    I actually do not detect the emotions that you are detecting from that comment. I found it funny but true.

Kind of like,

One who stands on toilet, is said to be high on pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    Then by you skewed logic, the original post was bullshit since FPS doesn't effect control or game play. With his machine he could easily turn it down and get 60 fps. But he said it's "Not even playable" Which is it DDT? Is it playable or not? Or is this about eye candy?

Yes I get 30 to 60 if I drop the setting down, but even with Adv shadow on I can play the game fine with a benchmark 24fps. But you're right DDT what the Fuck was I thinking this whole last year? I will quit playing now because you and all the other ass hats have convinced me that this game sucks, it's not playable and it's not worth bothering with.

Or I can keep playing, and keep trying to ignore you even though you continue to troll my comments. You called my post Bullshit the other day but I ignored you. I have been ignoring you for a long while even though you keep trolling my comments. Well guess what ass hat, to answer your previous troll, Microsoft announced in 2000 it would be moving to 64 bit architecture. Half life and Unreal Tournament 2004 were designed with32 and 64 bit architecture. Windows releases XP Professional 64 in 2005. Do the math! Stop calling me out on my comments! I have repeatedly said this but you keep trolling my posts. I don't want ANYTHING to do with you so I don't reply to yours. Why can you not do the same?

XSYON IF YOU CANNOT CONTROL YOUR DOG, PLEASE INFORM ME AS I WILL MOVE ON TO ANOTHER GAME WITH DEVELOPERS THAT ACTUALLY CARE! How many people have to drop from the forum and the game before you curb your dog? I don't know who's sisters brothers kid this is, but shut him up or I am gone!

"Arguing with Morons Is like playing chess with a Pigeon; no matter how good you are at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like it's victorious"

I didnt see anywhere in his post where he said his computer was having problems with "Do the controls respond quick and accurately?" that's not FPS lag bro. But yes, the game does have issues with this, because the game still has lag and desync issues. But that's another topic.

Don't forget that 24 FPS is playable for some others its not. I would say most people think that 15FPS is unplayable or even when you get times where its at 15FPS more than a few seconds. If you are always playing at 24FPS I would say most gamers would be upset by this and think its still playable but just be upset. Maybe even after a while get pissed off enough to quit. 40 to 50 FPS most people would say its good, and playable likely not to get pissed off, only the elite will be upset with not having 50+ FPS all the time when they have good computers.
    Some people dont care about playing at 24 FPS. Others do. It could also be why you get wrecked in PVP. Maybe people want to play at 60 FPS so they dont get wrecked and suck really bad in PVP. Just a thought.

About the other post, well because 2 games made theirs with 64 bit before it came out that means MOST games used it huh? Yeah good luck with that. My math says you have no idea what you are talking about. Games dont lead tech mostly, its normally the other way around. How many games you know that support 8 core tech right now? Better yet, how many games do you know that support or will support things that are not even made yet? According to you MOST should.

About the rest of your post, dont get upset man. Just stop posting stuff that isnt true or doesnt make sense. Learn about it first then post.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    About the other post, well because 2 games made theirs with 64 bit before it came out that means MOST games used it huh?

About the rest of your post, dont get upset man. Just stop posting stuff that isnt true or doesnt make sense. Learn about it first then post.
    I never said "Most games" I said "Many games were 64 bit enabled long before it was out" Again you change words and mince meaning to support your ridiculous arguments and attacks. If I said the sky is blue, you would attack my post sayings it's actually the result of light scattered through the atmosphere and only appears blue.

You see how that worked? I WAS correct in my statement but you argue anyway by changing my words in an attempt to diminish the quantity of my examples. So now I have the option to go find more examples which is a complete waste of my time since the example I gave already was sufficient to address you "Calling my post Bullshit'! Or I can ignore you as I have been doing for a long time, and hope that somehow you will get it and stop attacking everything I post.

As for you Judaires,
    Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    1) Chill dude. You're the one getting mad about the words being used in this thread. You KNOW what he means -- the FPS is poor for the graphic quality. That is performance.
    2) You know you have had the ability to block users on this forum for months now, right?
    3) DDT is not someone's dog, he's a person. That is extremely rude to both DDT and Jordi to call him as such. If you can't deal with disagreements in a civil manner you don't belong on an internet forum. You obviously can't handle that privilege.
    1) You have not been on forum since some time in 2010 so you have no idea the crap this moron has dished out, nor how detrimental he is to the forum and game.
    2) Blocking people only keeps YOU from seeing their posts leaving you out of discussions or guessing to the content. Why would I throw blinders on myself?
    3) Tell that to all of the other people who have also been calling fowl play over the last year in regards to DDT.

And last, this all coming from you? You have not exactly been exemplary in your posts so please save your criticism for someone who might actually listen to you.