Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    Us East Coast Canadians and Americans are downloading it in 1-2 hrs...point proven...
    Xsyon patch system is racist!

PS: ib4 someone explains to all of us that "racist" is the wrong term... yadda yadda

hi kaupuuttmmaccchhaa ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    hi kaupuuttmmaccchhaa ^^
    My cover is blown, damn'd.

Hey Niburu.

Back 2 topic: yap, still patching...

I'm not sure if my patcher is getting stuck... i constantly seem to be stuck on updating data/zone.xsip every now and then it will change to something else and then go back... if i hit abort the patcher freezes and crashes..

Any idea if i am actually patching or not? Because i don't notice much difference when using the internet for other things.

The patch server simply doesn't have the upstream it needs to if they are going to insist on rolling out 1.5 gigs of the same data each week. My server is located in the same city as theirs (I'm in the UK) and I download from it at about 1.5mb/s - 30kbps from their EU server or 20kbps from their US server is a complete joke.

Would love it if any of you lording it over us that by some miracle of luck you've already got the patch decided to do the decent thing and up it to an ftp or direct download site. Given that you got this patch in less than an hour, uploading a compressed version will not take much longer than that, and really won't impact your gameplay much either

Still patching.....damn i have skills to skill and french people to kill ( ingame only ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    your guys connections only count for half the issue here... I don't care you got a fiber connection if the server is on the other side of the world then your still going to get crap speeds, also, if a jabillion people are all downloading at the same time then you will also get less speeds than normal, too many variables for you all to cry that it sucks for speed. Us East Coast Canadians and Americans are downloading it in 1-2 hrs...point proven...
    still 1-2 horus for 1.5g is quite a long time for a decent net connection.. tho you are right its because there are so many people trying to get the patch at the same time i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiOkami View Post
    I'm not sure if my patcher is getting stuck... i constantly seem to be stuck on updating data/zone.xsip every now and then it will change to something else and then go back... if i hit abort the patcher freezes and crashes..

Any idea if i am actually patching or not? Because i don't notice much difference when using the internet for other things.
    it does take ages to get past that bit

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...9842#post69842

MegaUpload file works perfect, only had to update an aditional 2MB. playing now

The issue definitely seems to be that it downloads one patched file, and then adds it to the archive (the "updating data/zone.xsip" bit) - adding to the data archive is EXTREMELY slow, doing it as each file downloads is just not the best process for that. It would be far better to download all the files, and then add them to the archive in one pass.