Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    nice post. that's the mindset i like!
    i'm here for entertainment in a social enviroment, and my life doesn't hang on a thread if Xsyon fails. sometimes we all need to take a deep breath before going apeshit over a game's development.
    with that said, there's always limits as well to how much the players/community will take, but i don't see us at the end of that limit yet.

My wife and i almost moved on to another game out of boredom here. I try and find cool games which will keep her attention as she isnt the addict i am when it comes to the "alternative reality" which keeps me satisfied. She's done really well here, too, patiently crafting and hauling and progressing. I don't know if she does this to please me or if she gains any real satisfaction from her in-game progression. However, we have come to a point now where we are trying to build an entire area up around our homesteads, making it look unique ingame, or at least impressive in our eyes. There is just nothing else to do. We have found a level of satisfaction here which may hold us over until the content arrives. So, no complaints anymore from me, not that i've really complained about game mechanics in the past, just asshats who behave as such. This game is allright so far and we'll stick around until something interesting happens. So please, someone let me know when something interesting happens and bring me some frigging sand for christs sake. Thankyou very much.
    Edit: "until something interesting happens", I meant we'll stick around assured that something interesting will happen.

Yes. Well, that's what is happening, right?

No one can honestly say that Xsyon - as it is right now - is a quality product. It's the level of a tech demo made to show to potential investors. No respawns of animals? Rollbacks in a released MMO? Unacceptable. I have twice had to relog to even see my base camp. When a relog takes as long as it does in Xsyon, that is not okay.

If they start charging a sub fee with the game in this same state - it will die. People WILL leave. You will get your wish.

I am new to the forum, but when people pay money for something - they have a right to expect that it works. It is understandable that they get angry when it doesn't.

Don't like criticism? Don't go into a service industry with a bad product.

Added after 10 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by dezgard View Post
    Shava this post was one of the best posts i have read in a long time from any MMO site that i follow.

I sir would like to salute you for your level mindedness and understanding.

Breath of fresh air (in hails).
    I think it is inappropriate for a dev to commend a 'defend the devs' post. Think about it.

You REALLY agree with "find another game"? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post

You REALLY agree with "find another game"? Really?

This game isnt for everyone.

yes and yet no one remembers the first couple of days of wow or Swg with the issues they had for server access and availability. and yet non of the people who just tried earth rise remember the last 45 days of issues that game started with and still have and random crashes of there tutorial zone server. Or anarchy online when the game servers turned on at 8am but was unable to get in a create a character until 2pm

since every game ever released had a perfect launch except Xsyon....

Or was released with mechanics that were never changed... ever..

I think people hit the Rage button a little too fast with games like this and with the internet so readily available to everyone it brings out the anti socials.

Funny...
    I played SWG opening day and I don't remember EVER being dissatisfied...at the start. I honest to god do not remember, but I had 256 mb of ram...and it took me longer than 5 minutes that people are complaining about here to get in game.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Funny...
    I played SWG opening day and I don't remember EVER being dissatisfied...at the start. I honest to god do not remember, but I had 256 mb of ram...and it took me longer than 5 minutes that people are complaining about here to get in game.
    And that was, what, 8 years ago?

Cars used to have hand cranks to start them, and plate glass windshields, and no seat belts.

double-post
    Not sure whats going on with the server

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    Not sure whats going on with the server
    It was out to lunch.. back now.

Funny...
    I remember the galaxy i was on was always "heavy" population and couldn't login or it was stuck on "Loading...." with out some intervention from the server guys.

Even to this day they still get the "Loading....." bug where you can't login and still have to wait for some one to go kick the server.

I had issues with Desyncing and LOS in pvp since it was Que combat those would all mess you up.

I had massive FPS bombs and ping spikes in certain towns/cities.

this was all when it first launched and i played again about 2 months ago. now the issues are all gone except for the "loading...." issue that still happens with Eclipse. Even though starsider is the new Heavy server eclipse was still seeing the loading issue. that's with daily maintenance.

sure now the game runs like nothing with all the settings on max but this is 7 years later and that game started with 12 servers and is now down to like 7.

Anarchy Online had issues for the first 6 months with zone crashes and roll backs